Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=cdb0b5e17f0ba246eab019b1617735aeMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Blade Length

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Lightsabers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Taih ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:57 pm    Post subject: Blade Length Reply with quote

I just bought a hilt kit from KR Sabers, and I am looking at blades from TCSS for it. How do I determine an appropriate blade length?
rlobrecht ()

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Measure from your elbow to the floor, then subtract your hilt length and two more inches. That should give you a good length for spinning.
kman ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless you're unusually short, the most popular blade length seems to be the 36" size.
MDDraco ()

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For display, most people go for 36", however if you're going to be using your saber for dueling, unless you're exceptionally tall, 32" would be about right. I've done quite a bit of research into this, and wasn't 100% sure myself until I used one for Dueling. With a 36" blade, you'll likely hit the floor whilst dueling.

My MR Anakin ROTS Saber is 32" and is completely off the shelf stock, if that's any help at all Smile

If you're using a double ended saber, you might even want to go to 30".

If in doubt though; buy the biggest, they can always be cut down, you can't make them longer Smile
Cobalt-60 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

with master replicas, the blade lengths vary, depending on the length of the hilt.
the overall length of the entire product is set at 44 inches.
(presumably, because they all share the same packaging)

ie: for a 12-inch hilt, the blade will be 32 inches; for an 11-inch hilt, the blade will be 33 inches; etc.

the overall length is always 44 inches.

the only exception is the original anakin AOTC(2002) model,
where the overall length was 46.
(and obviously, the Yoda saber, which was intentionally undersized to reflect the Elf's stature). Wink
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

go long .. and if you need to shorten it get a pipe cutter .. they are under $5 at any home depot type store ...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Lightsabers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: