About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=5fcdb20e8abd6165e3993046e3afec2aMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Luke Skywalker's Jedi Costume
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Luke Skywalker
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Exar Xan (Sander de Lange)

Medals: 1 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:16 am    Post subject: Luke Skywalker's Jedi Costume Reply with quote

Well this is really a guide to show how my costume of Luke Skywalker Jabba's Palace came to be.

First of the single good picture I could find on the internet that is from the movie it self

Since the costume wasn't that visible I went to look for other pictures and found 1 of the original costume in an exhibit.

Note the belt is completely wrong. During the Jabba Palace scenes where my costume is based on there wasn't even a belt and later on in the movie the outfit is slightly different with a zipper/flap on the front and without the tabbards and a different looking belt.

Some of the fabrics I have used:

Brown is ofcourse for the cloak. The greyish one was originally for the tabbards but was changed to a more darker fabric. The black one next to the greyish one is used for the shirt under the tabbards and the black on below was planned for the pants but I ended up using a normal black pants that I already had.

Sorry for the blurry picture, the pants and the shirt are as good as done here. The collar was way to wide and I changed that by including a zipper at the back so that it was tighter.

A picture of Luke with the collar visible:

http://www.rumrill.net/brian/pics/pics6/pics6/HanSolo/luke_and_han_facing_jabba_the_h

And a picture of me with the new collar:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y249/Exar_Xan/Luke%20kostuum/05-Kraagaanpassing.jpg

Cloak with the headpiece on it. Taken when I had a broken arm yes.

The headpiece as it should be

Test of the headpiece alone. Since it was not yet stichted to the rest it fell down a bit but the general shape is there.

Sideway view with the headpiece stichted on the rest of the cloak.

Front with headpiece stuck on it. The part where the cloak is closing is later changed to be more higher like in the first pic of the cloak part of pictures.

After some time went by (as you can see since my casket was gone) the tabbards part were finished.

First a picture of Luke from the movie:

And a picture of me:

And the complete finished costume can be seen here:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/Porkins666/FACTS2006/2006FACTSEK049.jpg

or on my photobucket site that due to maintence doesnt allow me to find the pic at this time and directly link you all to it.
LukeSkiewalker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good. This is one of the costumes I have been planning for a while. It just always seems to take a back seat.
Primrodo (Justin Monk)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice start!! Smile

And for reference Luke wears the belt just like that and all the gear in the cut sandstorm scene Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^Yes, and also when he's a hologram in Jabba's palace, and the scene with Leia in the Ewok village. Hey, Exar, is that Luke image in your signature from rabbittooth.com? If so, that's my body he used with Mark Hamill's head! Very Happy

http://www.endorbase.org/
https://www.facebook.com/#!/jedhead1

In Loving Memory of Chanel Vanecek, aka "Padme_Skywalkr" (Feb. 7, 1980 - Oct. 25, 2003) xoxo

Last edited by JedHead (Matt Tolosa) on Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
defyitall (Christian Evans)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two guys above me are correct. Luke costume in ROTJ was what could be called "modular." The base suit was always the same. Black pants with a rear rider seam, top with a mandarin collar and fold-over bib front with white lining.

On top of that (on the sail barge) he wear a dark grey tunic, scarf style tabbards, and obi sash.

In the hologram he wears a black belt with octangonl buckle and leather pouch over the tunic and obi.

He wears that belt later in the Emperor's throne room.

On top would be the brown hooded cloak.

The belt in the exhibit photos just has the finish worn off from age. Thus the brown showing through.
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lining on the bib is gray, Chris. I'm working on this outfit right now for Donny. Very Happy

Some people think that the outfit is a one-piece cover-all; it isn't. There are separate pants and a short waisted-length jacket.
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stand corrected.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

his cloak was brown? I always thought it looked black....I guess you can learn something new everyday! wink2

Jason Detachment
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it was. But he only wore it in Jabba's palace and the lighting was so dark and blue it made it look black. But if you lighten a screen grab it's definitely brown.
Active Legion Member

Silver Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In addition to what Chris said, if you add a camo poncho and the helmet, you get the Endor costume (which I'm working on)! So many possibilities and variations! Very Happy

As to the cloak being brown, when I first made mine back in 1999 (before the DVD's), I thought it was black too, which is why I made it that way. I'm working on a brown one, thanks to a Pantone match made at FIDM, even though the brown looks different in the film, the exhibit, and the new bust from Gentle Giant. wink2

In Loving Memory of Chanel Vanecek, aka "Padme_Skywalkr" (Feb. 7, 1980 - Oct. 25, 2003) xoxo

Last edited by JedHead (Matt Tolosa) on Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:53 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone does the poncho I can help you with the paint and technique for doing the camo.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, thanks for all the comments Smile.

Matt: Yours look great too. Love the 'catch the lightsaber' picture. I did not make my sig, so I am not sure where that picture came from.

Christian: Thanks for all that info! Ever since I saw that exhibit picture I was wondering where that belt came from.

The only thing I really need is a bone to stick it to the Rancor really Smile
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha! I was actually thinking of making the bone myself, as well as getting the skull, and palace guard blaster (even though Luke had it for like a second in the movie). So many accessories, the best one being Slave Leia. wink2

Last edited by JedHead (Matt Tolosa) on Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Exar Xan (Sander de Lange)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, well I have my eye on a certain lady...but even then I doubt she will want to be my Slave Leia accessory Razz and I am not handy enough to craft my own bone.
Ky-Wan Zann ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOl

I think you did a great job man, a local Fan Force member also just completed his costume, I think it's the best Jedi costume you can get if it's done well.

I'm currently working on doing this same costume. But will also have a seperate custom version for the Jedi Character I have now(sometimes all those tunics are just too much).

And I already have a slave leia to go with me so at least I'm that far. Looks great man.

'Just because I don't like to fight. Doesn't mean I can't'

'They can be a great people Kal-El they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way'

'JASON' Detachment
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Luke Skywalker All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 1 of 36

Jump to: