Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=f6210d08c6f71423760aaac9b6c4a5c5Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Hoth Trench Trooper Backpack Build

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment -> Empire Strikes Back
View previous topic :: View next topic  
krieger ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:20 pm    Post subject: Hoth Trench Trooper Backpack Build Reply with quote

Hi all,

Just started working on two packs in between a couple of other items, especially as winter is on the way here Smile

May take a while since the cloth covers are going to be a challenge since I don't sew. Here is the start, used PowerPoint for Mac to create a template to laser cut the acrylic 'inserts' that will go on top of the boxes, which are made of some leftover corrugated plastic board I cut, folded, glued with e6000.

The boxes are 13"w-8"h-5"d. Backpack frames are vintage boy scout ones from the bay (thanks Schph Gochi!). Additional greeblies as available from Rando Mextra, Elysia_1, TK560a will help move this forward in the weeks ahead.

This forum and the yahoo forum have been a great help in getting me started, so thanks everyone - this may take me a while but planning to complete two packs this fall.

krieger ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glued, clamped and primed the inserts for the packs

Elysia_1 (Jeff R. Miller)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great!
krieger ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jeff!

Just posting a few minor updates, checking the look/proportion of the boxes to the inserts and pack frame to see how the basics look.

Looking forward to the greeblies to move this build along, as from this point on, it's the details that are really important to bring this build together!

krieger ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got my pack vents and belt grenades from Elysia_1 - very happy with how fast they arrived and with some masking and black paint they are ready to go. Can't sew, but I decided to do a paper mock-up of the pack covers to see how this looks with the vents...what do you think? Still debating the box depth at 5"...have to decide soon if I am going to cut them back. Bottom pack greeblies will be replaced with a better one, this was a test in acrylic for now.

navarre1095 (CHARLES GRAY)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good!

Works in Progress:Kal Skirata, vaporator prop
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment -> Empire Strikes Back All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: