Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=f2b52806184a5ae5e0c39f7cfda8f1d4Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Farewell Kenny Baker

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Mos Eisley Base -> Mos Eisley Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ubohica (Chris Fultz)

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:35 pm    Post subject: Farewell Kenny Baker Reply with quote

As most of you know, Kenny passed away today.

I thought I'd share my first Star Wars experience in honor.

I was 1 years old and going to see Star Wars IV "A new hope". At 1 years old, I remember how big the screen was, how loud and scared I was at the sound of Darth Vader breathing.

At some point in the movie, I tried to drink out of my moms straw and didnt want to look away. I scratched my right eye with the straw. LOL

The next day, I was at the Dr and wore a patch for a few weeks.... Funny what we remember.

R2 D2

Farewell Kenny, You impacted so many lives. "May the force be with you"

Feel Free to share your first Star Wars Memory as well. -Chris

"Life is an endless series of train-wrecks with only brief, commercial-like breaks of happiness."
Nomad Angie (Angie Rivera)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first memories of Star Wars are a little blurry, but I remember when I was little, there was this storybook collection with Disney fairytales, and they came with a record or cassette tape with the audio story. The list of books (that we didn't have), included the Star Wars titles in Spanish as well.

Fast Forward to 1986-87. I lived in Puerto Rico and my family just got this amazing thing called Cable TV, and those channels were in both Spanish and English. Two scenes made a huge impact on me:

-Throne Room scene from "Star Wars" (later renamed "A New Hope").

-Duel between Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader from "Empire Strikes Back". I heard the words that got engraved in my head for the rest of my life: "No, yo soy tu padre".

Fast forward to 1996-97. I was in high school and the announcement of the 30th Anniversary edition of Star Wars and the upcoming prequel trilogy was all people talked about. I was too poor and couldn't go to the theater to watch the remasters, but I was excited to see that a lot of actors that I started to recognize from other movies were cast for the new movies. I remember Ewan McGregor (my first redhead crush) on his first roles in "A Life Less Ordinary" and "Brassed Off!", and Natalie Portman was getting a lot of attention for her role in "The Professional".

And of course, in 1999, my sister, her friends and I watched "The Phantom Menace" on the first day it came out, on the first showtime of the day. And an everlasting love was born.
Base Membership Officer 2017
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Mos Eisley Base -> Mos Eisley Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: