About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=f0ce6a8d4bbcd3752b30cc1e91557c9dMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

CSC Fan Day #2 - Mar 24
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Sunrider Base -> Sunrider Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Obi-Shawn (Shawn Crosby)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:46 pm    Post subject: CSC Fan Day #2 - Mar 24 Reply with quote

Just a reminder that Saturday, February 24th is "Fan Day" at the California Science Center installation of "Where Science Meets Imagination".<br>
<br>
http://www.californiasciencecenter.org/Exhibits/Weingart/starwars/starwars.php<br>
<br>
Fans are encouraged to come in costume, see the exhibit (where flash photography is allowed!), ride the Milennium Falcon simulator, check out the to-die-for exhibit gift shop, and enjoy some of the events<br>
scheduled throughout the day:<br>
<br>
Costume Contests with Prizes - Group Photo - Droid Demo - Saber Demo and Combat - Road Squadron vehicles - and More!<br>
<br>
501st and Rebel Legions, as well as Orange County and San Diego Star Wars Societies and the Los Angeles and Inland Empire Fan Forces will all be represented.<br>
<br>
**Admission to the both the Science Center and the exhibit is free Millenium Falcon Simulator is $2. Due to estimated high attendance, it is recommended that visitors purchase IMAX show tickets -which provide<br>
a Priority Admission "fastpass" entry right after the film- to ensure entry into the exhibit. All others will be admitted on a first come, first served basis, subject to the exhibit's attendance capacity<br>
(admission cannot be guaranteed).**<br>
<br>
Online IMAX Tickets:<br>
https://tix.extremetix.com/tix/SilverStream/Pages/pgIndex.html?siteID=466<br>
<br>
Hope to see you there, and tell 'em Obi-Shawn sent you!<br>
<br>
When:<br>
<br>
Saturday, Feb. 24th<br>
10AM - 5PM<br>
<br>
Where:<br>
<br>
California Science Center<br>
700 State Drive<br>
Los Angeles, CA 90037<br>
Phone: (323) SCIENCE<br>
(323) 724-3623<br>
<br>
Maps:<br>
http://www.californiasciencecenter.org/GenInfo/PlanningYourVisit/Directions/Directions.php
JediRacer (Matt Masuda)
Archived Member Profile

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:00 am    Post subject: Cali Science Center "Fan Day" Saturday Reply with quote

Thanks Shawn!  If we're "working" this event, will there be specific duties for us to do?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
varekei (Barbara Jacobs)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next Fan Day is 3/24/07. If I get my costume done in time, can I volunteer?

Also, I'm going fabric hunting after work today. Some of the pictures I've seen of Jedi uniforms imply that colors like olive green are ok. Is this the case or only shades of white, beige & browns (and that whole range) and only saturated browns for the cloak? If someone could reply before 4pm today that would aid my hunt imeasurably.

Thanks,
Varekei
Thareen Penumbra (S. Michelle Klein-Hass)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Jedi robes have a bit of trim done with a variegated olive drab fabric. They also bear a green leaf as a crest, a personal symbol of the character I portray. Jedi of Corellian descent traditionally have green robes. And if you don't want to go formal you can go with just about anything except all black (unless it's New Jedi Order-style) or some sort of bright color. The subdued colors of Jedi robes are meant to reflect the tranquility of the soul flowing in harmony with the living Force.

Actually Varakei, as a woman, you have a bit more latitude with regard to your robe colors. Look at Luminaria Unduli, Barris Offee and some of the other PT female Jedi. Anyway, this gives you something to think about as you go fabric shopping.
Grey Jedi (Donna Keeley)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

varekei wrote:
Next Fan Day is 3/24/07. If I get my costume done in time, can I volunteer?

Also, I'm going fabric hunting after work today. Some of the pictures I've seen of Jedi uniforms imply that colors like olive green are ok. Is this the case or only shades of white, beige & browns (and that whole range) and only saturated browns for the cloak? If someone could reply before 4pm today that would aid my hunt imeasurably.

Thanks,
Varekei

Go to the Sunrider Project Board and read about our group trip to the LA Fashion District tomorrow (most of the pertinent info is in the last 3 pages; it's quite a long thread). Maybe you could meet up with us and we can help you out. Very Happy

The standards state earth tones for PT Jedi; all other colors are reserved for OT Jedi. You can also see some examples in the Standards Section of the Sunrider web site.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The group shopping trip looks like it was last week. But, that's OK. I'm going tonight because I have Greek Dancing at 8PM & have to find something to occupy my time for an hour or two. (Then I'll probably go feed my face before I feed my inner Zorba.)

So, that should give me an extra afternoon to get started on the costume if I find what I want & get motivated.

Looking over the Standards page, it looks like New Republic Jedi Costumes are very simple and there's a lot of lee way, too. Just some of the hardware is not quite clear. I'm sure somebody can point out all the flaws & 'splain it to me next time I see you, hopefully at Fan Day 2 -- in costume.
Grey Jedi (Donna Keeley)
Active Legion Member

Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And just a reminder that the second CSC: WSMI Fan Day is this upcoming Saturday, March 24th. I will be in Endor Trooper and hopefully we can get a good group shot. Very Happy
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going to miss you guys Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
I am going to be on assignment off world. Please give my best to everyone and take lots of photos.
Brian
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Boston Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh phoeey. I was going to have Paul bring you your patches!

I am going to be in the trenches with the kids. Laughing
Retired Commanding Officer, SoCal Garrison
Current San Diego Squad Leader, SCG
501st Legion Droid Hunt Coordinator
varekei (Barbara Jacobs)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I've read and reread the Costume Standards. I got some brown cotton twill or broadcloath, I think, for a nice summer cloak. I got some nice brown lightweight cotton gauze for a tunic. I have some nice white & some olive gauze for the other tunic.

So, I have two questions:
Is the white OK for a tunic (technically it's not quite an earth tone); is the olive (technically, I would call it an earth tone)?

I've checked Dressing A Galaxy & the Star Wars Roleplaying source book for Jedi & have not been able to find a rear view of the tabbards (the 2 little rectangles that hang down over the outer tunic.) So, what are they supposed to look like from the rear? Same as the front? One solid tabbard (like the 3 Musketeers)? Just goes around the shoulders like a shawl? I suppose I might get a clue from the movies, but I figured I'd ask you folks in the mean time.
Grey Jedi (Donna Keeley)
Active Legion Member

Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Visual Dictionary is a good resource, as are the standards posted in the Standards section (see link above) for Obi-Wan and Anakin. That will give you a general idea of how the tabbards look.

I usually just do the long piece that hangs down in back and in front. It's easier that way.
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be there, as well as Kay_Dee and Anasian Skywalker! Very Happy

http://www.endorbase.org/
https://www.facebook.com/#!/jedhead1

In Loving Memory of Chanel Vanecek, aka "Padme_Skywalkr" (Feb. 7, 1980 - Oct. 25, 2003) xoxo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Master--Kenobi (Kim Leigh)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JedHead wrote:
I'll be there, as well as Kay_Dee and Anasian Skywalker! Very Happy

AND, since I can't be there... I left a message for Kay_Dee on the Sunrider Project Boards to keep and eye on you two for me!!!

wink2 Very Happy
thtirishgirl ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both me and Donny will be there - Endor Leia and RFT Smile

my second "appearance"....

http://www.sunriderbase.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=482

"I love you"
"I know"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
varekei (Barbara Jacobs)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GJ,
I read the standards before posting & wanted clarification on what I read. However, I watched Phantom Menace again last night. The tabbards appear to be one piece in the back, two in the front and as long as the overtunic.

There was also a female Jedi master in the council and at Qui Gonn's funeral (the one with the braids, I forget her name) whose under tunic looks white & is square necked instead of kimono style.

So, looks like I'm good to go.
Wish me luck. I haven't done any sewing in a while.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Sunrider Base -> Sunrider Archive All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: