Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=bb7939f1c9ef369628dc10e0d2a56b06Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Clone Wars SnowBunny Padme Q & A
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Clones of the Republic -> Expanded Universe
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shaak Ti (Erin)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Questions and Comments for Snowbunny Costume:

I am almost complete the Snowbunny costume, and I found somethings difficult in finding. Like the correct color of fur, and the catsuit.

With some of the images (from the tv show) of Padme in her Snowbunny outfit, the fur is shown as being a light blue, but in the few figures and maquettes of the costume (and some of the art pieces on starwarsshop.com), the fur is a very very light grey/blue. Are both of these color options acceptable?

I have seen some of the girls that have made this costume.. use feathers and/or fun fur... I have found fun fur the correct color but it doesn't have the kind "furry/fluffy" look... just kind looks like flat carpet... which in my opinion doesn't look very "snowbunnyish"
So....is the color more important than the look of the fur?

The catsuit/leotard.. was a bit of strange request when I called around the city's dance suppliers... but nobody carried a white dance suit... so I tried ebay and came upon the perfect find... is it allowable to post of places to find costume pieces if it will help the person find stuff for Snowbunny Padme a little easier?

I will be wearing the Snowbunny Padme costume for the first time this weekend. I will take photos!!!!
Blue (Beth)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
With some of the images (from the tv show) of Padme in her Snowbunny outfit, the fur is shown as being a light blue, but in the few figures and maquettes of the costume (and some of the art pieces on starwarsshop.com), the fur is a very very light grey/blue. Are both of these color options acceptable?

I have seen some of the girls that have made this costume.. use feathers and/or fun fur... I have found fun fur the correct color but it doesn't have the kind "furry/fluffy" look... just kind looks like flat carpet... which in my opinion doesn't look very "snowbunnyish"

I found the same thing when I was making mine. I decided on using the light blue as it was on the cartoon.
I used feather boas to make the furry/fluffy look. I found them at Hobby Lobby, and in the end I think I used 8 of them. I had put on one layer and decided that it wasn't as full looking as I had wanted and put on another layer and was happy with the results.

As for my cat suit, I made it myself because I was having a hard time finding anywhere that carried them. I used a kwik sew pattern that I altered to create the look I wanted.

Cant wait to see your pictures Smile
Benae Quee (Kristin Sirota)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaak Ti wrote:
Questions and Comments for Snowbunny Costume:

I am almost complete the Snowbunny costume, and I found somethings difficult in finding. Like the correct color of fur, and the catsuit.

The catsuit/leotard.. was a bit of strange request when I called around the city's dance suppliers... but nobody carried a white dance suit... so I tried ebay and came upon the perfect find... is it allowable to post of places to find costume pieces if it will help the person find stuff for Snowbunny Padme a little easier?

I will be wearing the Snowbunny Padme costume for the first time this weekend. I will take photos!!!!

I used a baby/ice blue boa that only one store here in NYC seems to carry (everywhere else is gray/blue). I never rely on the action figures or dolls for reference, they are never 100% IMO. Always go with the movies/cartoons for your best bet Wink
I found that the boas have more flowiness to them like in the cartoon, I did find a fur in the right color that has the same flow... but it was real fox and it was $30 for 3 feet! The other furs I saw were too 'flat' and didn't really move in the breeze the way the feathers do.
I've made 6 of these capes and each time I do it the same way with great results Very Happy

My unitard and balaclava were purchased from River's Edge dancewear online.

My Snow Bunny Page
Lady Skywalker (Tally Smith)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did you attach the boa to the cape and gloves though? Sew or glue or what?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Blue (Beth)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hand sewed the boas to the cape and gloves. It took awhile, but I was very happy with the results.

Pictures of my Snowbunny

Last edited by Blue (Beth) on Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tedious hand sewing onto the cape. Hooks and eyes hold the boa onto the gloves for easy removal when I need to wash them (which is often since they are white). The pieces for the boots are circles that just slip over my shin like a bracelet, this way I can re-use the boots for other costumes Smile
Shaak Ti (Erin)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the costume looks great Beth.

There is still snow up here in Alberta so I will be able to get some photos in some snow. Smile Gotta find some nice snow though its getting nicer outside and its melting fast... and its got that gross dirt stuff on it...

Thanks for the help girls. Smile
Blue (Beth)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaak Ti wrote:
the costume looks great Beth.

There is still snow up here in Alberta so I will be able to get some photos in some snow. Smile Gotta find some nice snow though its getting nicer outside and its melting fast... and its got that gross dirt stuff on it...

Thanks for the help girls. Smile

We have still got a little of the gross snow here in WI. One of these days I hope to get a nice picture with snow in the backgroud... Very Happy
Shaak Ti (Erin)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are the pics girls.. let me know what you think. Smile

Blue (Beth)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Nice! Very Happy
Lady Skywalker (Tally Smith)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You look adorable in that! It came out awsomely (is that a word, lol)!!

Thanks for the tips girls. I won't be starting on this one right away. My next project is the sleepless knights gown, but once I do start this one, I'll share some pics!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good Smile I like the eye make up too.
Shaak Ti (Erin)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks girls, I am happy you like the costume, I am going to submit the costume pictures tonight to RL site.

If any of you ladies like the fur trim I used I can still purchase the pillow covers... I used three pillow covers which I cut into 5 inch strips, and smaller strips for the boots and gloves and pom poms... all for $25 Canadian... which is about $18-20 US.

If you want me to get you the pillow covers... just PM me.
Puck (Puck)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am making this costume too. But I have a problem.
No one around here sells a white unitard and I really need one.
I live in the Netherlands.

I also ckecked the site Benae Quee recommended but the shipping costs are so high!

Doe anyone have another idea of site wehere I can buy one?
Ewok78 (Mange Caroline)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ariel wrote:
I am making this costume too. But I have a problem.
No one around here sells a white unitard and I really need one.
I live in the Netherlands.

I also ckecked the site Benae Quee recommended but the shipping costs are so high!

Doe anyone have another idea of site wehere I can buy one?

hello !
may be you can finf by yourself something cheaper !
I have found great fabric in Paris !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Clones of the Republic -> Expanded Universe All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 1 of 14

Jump to: