About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=223b6e6afd9a060ede03768d132008a8Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

First post of threads have html tags

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Legion Operations -> Legion Tech Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Queen Amidala (Mary Alice Ladd)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:45 am    Post subject: First post of threads have html tags Reply with quote

Why are posts in some threads showing html tags and others not?

Example:
http://www.rebellegion.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6782
The first post has the tags and is a mess. With all those html tags, I can't see what still needs to be worked on for the standards list.

But http://www.rebellegion.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6783 the first post looks OK, but al the color coding and formatting is gone.

The format of the first posts in each of these threads looked identical in the old forum.

http://www.rebellegion.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5250 lost all the formatting and colors also on the first post. The rest of the posts in the thread have formatting an color carried over. W/O the formatting, it's hard to read the standards list.

Note: If I still had the ability to edit posts, I would just fix it myself, but seem to have lost that permission with the switch over.

Last edited by Queen Amidala (Mary Alice Ladd) on Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:36 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Queen Amidala (Mary Alice Ladd)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lori thinks it might have happend when she made the threads sticky.

Lori did some clean up of the html <> tags, but there is still some loss of formating on the lists that will need clean up at a later date.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just made a migrated thread sticky over at Echo Base and it caused all the text and hyperlinks in the 1st post of the thread to display as HTML with all the tags showing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Legion Operations -> Legion Tech Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: