Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=6e006510fb6693ac38e53cc66380d1ebMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

[Standard Revision] Master Atris

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Rebel Legion Knights of the Jedi Order -> KJO Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you approve of this standard for Master Atris?
Yes
80%
 80%  [ 17 ]
No
19%
 19%  [ 4 ]
Users Voted : 21
Total Votes : 21
This poll has expired.
Detailed Results

Oraculo (Agustín)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:28 am    Post subject: [Standard Revision] Master Atris Reply with quote

Hello Everyone!

The Costume Standards Committee has proposed the [Standard Revision] Master Atris

And the first stage is complete. In this second stage, the member of KJO Detachment have to vote on whether to approve or not approve the proposed standards

Voting will be open for 3 days.

General Discussion

http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=74712&sid=4f778fc3049fdb13ee9007f62e25a3d7

ATRIS STANDARDS:

Current:

Required Items:
White hair in a bun
White Kimono dress in a slight sheen material
White full body length tabards with the geometric designs all over.
White Obi sash with the same geometric design on it.
Blue lightsaber
White boots

Proposed new standards:

White hair in a high bun, with tendrils of hair framing face.
White collarless sleeveless undertunic Sleeveless, white innertunic with round collar (simular like a T-Shirt)
White outer tunic and skirt. Other option: can be sewed like a dress, where tunic and skirt meet under the obi
Long white skirt
White boots with low heel (2" or less), in leather or non-shiny vinyl (any height, as they cannot be seen under skirt). Also can be of hunting calf and textile. They only have to be white
White tabards with geometric print in matte grey, waist-length in back and mid-calf length in front
White obi with matching geometric print, with large bow in back
Lightsaber (blue if bladed)

Optional items:

White eyebrows

Reference gallery: http://www.flickr.com/photos/39639089@N05/sets/72157629792906745/

Reference gallery 2: http://s1303.photobucket.com/user/lcj/library/KOTOR/Atris?sort=3&page=1

Arguments for the changes:

KIMONO DRESS:

While it has been a popular choice for this costume, and managed to get codified into the standards, none of the references for this costume actually suggest it is a kimono dress. All of the art but for the computer model suggests an A-line skirt, and the reason the skirt is not fuller on the computer model is because computing power doesn't allow that kind of cloth to be rendered accurately in real time. But even the computer model does not have the telltale wrap detail down the front of the skirt. Furthermore, the tunic wraps extends too far to the right to be a part of a center-wrap dress. Therefore, I must conclude that the top is, in fact, a standard Jedi tunic tucked into a long white skirt.

SLIGHT SHEEN:

The art does not, to me, suggest a sheen of any kind, nor has any Jedi ever been known to wear satin. My guess is this was accepted as fact due to the nature of the difficulty of shading whites, and how often a strong white highlight indicates a reflection, but this does not hold true when your entire outfit is white to start with. I would go as far as to say this costume should always be made in a matte fabric, but I also realize pretty much every approved Atris is done in satin, because it became standard. The primary reason I think that should be gone, really, is that Jedi never wear satin, or anything remotely shiny. With a more ‘outside the box’ kind of character you could argue it, but with a stickler for the rules like Atris, I doubt she went out and got herself a shiny, shiny Jedi outfit.

UNDERTUNIC:

Present in all illustrations of her but one, and that one illustration has the wrong colors for the tabbards anyway. When the sleeves of the outer tunic are pushed up past her elbows, there is no visible undertunic sleeve, so I would say it's safe to say the undertunic has no sleeves. As it is present in almost every form of her, including the in-game model, this should be required.

BACK BOW:

There aren't a lot of views of the back, so I can see an argument for making this detail optional. However, there's no belt, and this costume has few enough construction-specific details, so why not get them all right?

GEOMETRIC PRINT IN GREY:

It's grey, not black. Always. Specified matte because once I bought silver fabric paint, not realizing how shiny it would be, and WHOA NELLY did it look awful in pictures. Take a look at my old Visas Marr costume (still on my profile, as I have yet to submit the redone version) to see why it's less than optimal.

BOOT HEIGHT:

Self explanatory. Nobody knows what height her boots are because we never see them, and I know the pain of finding flat white knee-high boots. Specifying material to conform with normal Jedi boot standards.

HAIR:

Small detail, but her bun is always shown as sitting quite high. Also, she is always shown with the framing locks of hair.

EYEBROWS:

It's another small detail, but she's Echani and has white eyebrows, just like her hair.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This change would only affect members who wants to make the costume in the future, so it wouldn't affect the current Atris costumers at all.

Best Regards!
•Detachment CO - KJO 2016 - 17
•Award: Rebel of the Year 2016
•Detachment CO - KJO 2015 - 16
•TCO Templo Pucará 2015-16
•Detachment CO - KJO 2014-15
•Detachment XO - KJO 2014-15
•RO Cruz del Sur Base 2013 -14
JEDICHRIST (DELONG.CHRISTOPHE)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Paris Support Badge (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voted
member of Rebel Legion Knights of the Jedi Order detachment
member of Rebel Legion Starfighter Command Detachment
Oraculo (Agustín)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone!

Voting closed. The Costume Standard was approved by members of Detachment KJO.

Thank you very much to all who participated with their vote

Yours

Agustin
DCO - KJO Detachment
•Detachment CO - KJO 2016 - 17
•Award: Rebel of the Year 2016
•Detachment CO - KJO 2015 - 16
•TCO Templo Pucará 2015-16
•Detachment CO - KJO 2014-15
•Detachment XO - KJO 2014-15
•RO Cruz del Sur Base 2013 -14
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Rebel Legion Knights of the Jedi Order -> KJO Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: