Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=f25668c303514a78160575a9fa215b13Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Rucksack Greeblies and Hose

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment -> Return of the Jedi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tcman27 ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:55 pm    Post subject: Rucksack Greeblies and Hose Reply with quote

Hey Commando's,

need help sourcing parts for the Rucksack Build.
Purchased one of the Czech M60 rucks and i am now looking for info on who makes Greeblies for it as well as any info on how the Hose feature is supposed to attach etc.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Tanner
Imrageth ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 7 (View more...)
Silver Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have any ref photos, I can make them. I've designed greeblies for the endor commando bandolier so can do that too..
jthatcher (Jim Thatcher)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr8072 makes the greeblies. PM him and I'm sure he'll help you out.

I bought two pipe fittings that screwed into each other. After painting them, I glued one fitting to the end of the hose then cut the hole in the pocket. I stuck hose and fitting in the hole, and screwed on the second fitting inside the pocket. It stays in place nicely. To attach the other end of the hose, I drilled a small hole in the back of the pack, near the flap and one in the top of the hose. I placed a bolt through the hose and hole in the pack and tightened it down with a nut.

Here's a picture before I got the greeblies.

loosetoon (Steve)
Bespin Base CO
Bespin Base CO

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's mine:

The top greeblie is a Bikerscout helmet snout upside down. The lower greeblie I made myself based on this photo of it in the Star Wars Costumes book.

The hose I attached inside the top to a loop of fabric with a cable tie. The bottom I attached to the pocket with a magnet.

Rebel Legion Profile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment -> Return of the Jedi All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: