About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=910ae806cbe515aa981e384a566f9ea2Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Star Wars: Where Science Meets Imagination

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Sunrider Base -> Sunrider Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JediRacer (Matt Masuda)
Archived Member Profile

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:21 pm    Post subject: Star Wars: Where Science Meets Imagination Reply with quote

Ok, I know I'm doing a lousy job at being the Los Angeles Regional Captain.  But I'm sure most of you know of this event coming to LA:

The California Science Center will be hosting the Star Wars: Where Science Meets Imagination exhibit starting Feb. 11.  Details, including volunteering, can be found here: http://www.californiasciencecenter.org//Exhibits/Weingart/starwars/starwars.php

I don't know if there's already some activities planned around this.  I'm sure the 501st has something going. 

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
HazardThree (Jon Paulson)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:01 pm    Post subject: Star Wars: Where Science Meets Imagination Reply with quote

Matt, go check the Project Board. Shawn and Rion are heading it up and events have already started.
JediRacer (Matt Masuda)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:18 pm    Post subject: Star Wars: Where Science Meets Imagination Reply with quote

Ahh... as usual, I'm way behind.  I'm still in 2003. 
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Grey Jedi (Donna Keeley)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:45 pm    Post subject: Star Wars: Where Science Meets Imagination Reply with quote

That's okay, Matt. We tend to use the Project Board more than this board because it works better.

But thanks for posting about it. I'll add the list of events here so it will be in both places.

And don't worry about the "Regional Captain" thing. It's kind of fallen on it's face as an experiment since everyone is so busy and I usually catch events first and post them. I'm thinking of getting rid of the designator.
Grey Jedi (Donna Keeley)
Active Legion Member

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:50 pm    Post subject: Star Wars: Where Science Meets Imagination Reply with quote

Fan Day is this Saturday, February 24th.

A lot of us will be working in costume to help make the experience more memorable for attendees. We're trying to find out if costumes are okay for non-volunteers to wear.

If Jedidad gave you one of his awesome badges that identifies you as a Volunteer, you might want to wear it when you're working so the CSC staff doesn't get confused.

I'll be there this Saturday in Jedi.
JediBith (Liz Wrightson)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:56 pm    Post subject: Star Wars: Where Science Meets Imagination Reply with quote

I didn't get a volunteer badge (because this Fan Day is the first time I'm able to volunteer) -- Is this going to cause problems? Shawn has me on the list for Saturday. Should I make a badge for myself?
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:27 pm    Post subject: Star Wars: Where Science Meets Imagination Reply with quote

NO! Do not start making badges for yourselves!!!!!!

Even the badges created by JediDad, though extremely cool, are not considered official. If you are working, just check in/fill in the form at the parking kiosk and check in at the information desk.
JediRacer (Matt Masuda)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:38 pm    Post subject: Star Wars: Where Science Meets Imagination Reply with quote

Jon, do you have any more information on this Saturday?  Are there any specific plans for RL members?  Or are we just hanging out with all the other SW fans?  Judging by yesterday's crowd.  It's gonna be PACKED with people!!!!
JediBith (Liz Wrightson)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:04 am    Post subject: Star Wars: Where Science Meets Imagination Reply with quote

Quote: Originally posted by HazardThree on 20 February 2007

NO! Do not start making badges for yourselves!!!!!!

Even the badges created by JediDad, though extremely cool, are not considered official. If you are working, just check in/fill in the form at the parking kiosk and check in at the information desk.

Gotcha!!! This is why it's good to ask questions, eh?

Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:08 am    Post subject: Star Wars: Where Science Meets Imagination Reply with quote

Matt - We should know more later this week.
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:40 am    Post subject: Star Wars: Where Science Meets Imagination Reply with quote

If I go this weekend (if I can find someone to carpool with, that is), can I just show up in costume and enjoy the exhibit, or do you have to be a volunteer to do so?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
JediRacer (Matt Masuda)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:37 pm    Post subject: Star Wars: Where Science Meets Imagination Reply with quote

Matt, you can show up in costume on Saturday, it's "fan day" so I'm assuming a lot of people will show up in Costume, RL/501st or not.  Sunday is a regular day, so if you want to show up in costume, you'll have to volunteer and stand around and have your picture taken by tons of people.  It's best not to show up in costume on non Fan Days, the museum doesn't like it.
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:07 am    Post subject: Star Wars: Where Science Meets Imagination Reply with quote

D'oh!  Looks like I can't make it this weekend after all.  The Matmobile is still in the shop, and Alfred's taking his sweet ol' time.  I'll really try for Fan Day #2.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Grey Jedi (Donna Keeley)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:41 am    Post subject: Star Wars: Where Science Meets Imagination Reply with quote

I spoke with several of the staff on Fan Day #1 and asked if the badges would help them identify the volunteers from atendees in costume. Of the 3 people I asked, all of them said that it was a big help to recognize us volunteers.

Brian "Jedidad" has graciously offered to make badges for both RL and 501st volunteers. But please don't forget to sign-in at the front desk as well and check-in with Shawn if he is available.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Sunrider Base -> Sunrider Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: