Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=f18f3679cba703e5e5462e7191cfa891Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

New Here
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Dagobah Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlackTie (Duncan Walker)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I'm having an issue with the boots I got rubbing the sides of my ankles. It's likely because I've got big calves that push the tops down. Anyone have any do's and don'ts for dealing with that? I've heard filling the boot with water and then wearing them until dry might help, but I figured I'd check in here before I did anything crazy.

I'm not aware of anywhere I could take them in Baton Rouge to have the seam looked at where the issue is occurring. If anyone knows a place in BR or the surrounding area that'd be a big help.
BlackTie (Duncan Walker)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://imgur.com/a/IoU3s

So what besides pinning or otherwise affixing my tabards at the shoulder do I need to fix before submission?

Also obviously need a better spot for photos, but it was raining pretty bad when I had a chance to get a roommate to assist me.
Junta Kharr (Shelby Terry)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackTie wrote:
Well got home and the good news my sabers were in and are awesome. bad news the tunics don't even begin to fit and are way not the size the seller indicated. So that's a real bummer.

Anyone know a good place to get some actual custom sized stuff that's a good quality in the ballpark of 100-200? Just need the inner/outer tunic, tabards, and the obi. I'm gonna get some just slack type pants like I've seen people suggest.

Total bummer I won't be able to use this at NOCC this weekend. Really tempted to maybe see if some ren stuff I have might work enough to get the point across with the robe, belt and boots or if it'd just be all around better to wait.

Check out Khloescustomclothes on etsy. Custom sizing coloring and materials for $135 plus shipping.
Landeaux (Paul Land)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Celebration Europe 3 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackTie wrote:
http://imgur.com/a/IoU3s

So what besides pinning or otherwise affixing my tabards at the shoulder do I need to fix before submission?

Also obviously need a better spot for photos, but it was raining pretty bad when I had a chance to get a roommate to assist me.

The main thing that I see is to make sure your outer tunic is pulled down. Otherwise it looks too short.
BlackTie (Duncan Walker)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Landeaux wrote:

The main thing that I see is to make sure your outer tunic is pulled down. Otherwise it looks too short.

Yeah I'll need to make sure that's handled better when I take my photos. Really not sure I'm happy with the whole tunic it's a lot thinner than the etsy seller's photos make it look. Might try returning it and getting something better.
BlackTie (Duncan Walker)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got accepted this morning, thanks for all the help!
halyonix (haley valdes)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Troopers Helping Troopers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yay!
TFA Jakku Scavenger Rey
AOTC Tusken Raider female
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Dagobah Base All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: