Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=313da7c06b70d5860d7ae309ccb02923Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

TFA Resistance Trooper costume standards proposal (v. 1)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment -> The Force Awakens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Toda ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:02 pm    Post subject: TFA Resistance Trooper costume standards proposal (v. 1) Reply with quote

Here are two pics from the new TFA Visual Dictionary of the Resistance Trooper and a close up of the helmet (maybe too close...). In the film however, there appear to be many different trooper uniforms so we will have to wait a wee bit longer for the DVD/Blue Ray to be released and screen caps to appear.

"Any pilot who volunteers to fly an A-wing better be brave or crazy. Probably helps to be a little of both."
―General Han Solo

Last edited by Toda () on Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
navarre1095 (CHARLES GRAY)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The coats look like these to me. Item # WX2-589997
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/2-used-italian-military-surplus-jackets?a=1884151

I think the alien (Vober Dand) is wearing one of these.
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/new-italian-military-surplus-quilted-parka-olive-drab?a=1559241

This for the boot
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/European-new-winter-fashion-leather-drum-in-leisure-Velcro-cowhide-tooling-leisure-Men-s-boots/32274255135.html

Found these too. http://www.amazon.com/Rothco-613902491991-Combat-Suspenders-Coyote/dp/B00JWWRTS8/ref=pd_sxp_redirect

Rebel Legion Costumes: Fleet Trooper, Tusken, Old Ben (informal), Clone, Malakilli,

501st Costumes: Imperial Navy, Crew, Bantha Rider, Clone, Zuckuss, Snowtrooper, Malakilli, A'sharad Hett

XO- HMS Hexapuma, Captain (jg) TRMN

Ordained Priest, Church of the Latter Day Dude
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.soviet-power.com/detail.php?pid=45359

Rebel Legion Costumes: Fleet Trooper, Tusken, Old Ben (informal), Clone, Malakilli,

501st Costumes: Imperial Navy, Crew, Bantha Rider, Clone, Zuckuss, Snowtrooper, Malakilli, A'sharad Hett

Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.soviet-power.com/detail.php?pid=1176

Toda ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are two other possible jacket candidates...

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/new-belgian-military-surplus-combat-jacket-olive-drab?a=818402

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/new-slovakian-military-surplus-field-jacket?a=1744045

"Any pilot who volunteers to fly an A-wing better be brave or crazy. Probably helps to be a little of both."
―General Han Solo
Toda ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone started investigating the trooper helmet?

―General Han Solo
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I 've been shopping the full face motorcycle helmets to see if they used one off of the shelf and modded it.

It is really flat on top

Toda ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am beginning to think the helmet is a two part deal. The main helmet is stock, but the flip-up part is different.

Here are a few more pics. that I took last night that yet again show diversity in trooper outfits. None of the trousers seem to be BDU/Cargo pants with pockets on the side. Also note that some jackets have the "Firebird" logo painted on and some do not. Also, some trooper have gaiters on!

―General Han Solo
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toda wrote:
I am beginning to think the helmet is a two part deal. The main helmet is stock, but the flip-up part is different.

Here are a few more pics. that I took last night that yet again show diversity in trooper outfits. None of the trousers seem to be BDU/Cargo pants with pockets on the side. Also note that some jackets have the "Firebird" logo painted on and some do not. Also, some trooper have gaiters on!
Ankle boots and some sort of spat for sure!
[URL=http://s1065.photobucket.com/user/PrimitiveTodd/media/2002-06-11%2023.47.01_zpsuianwa0v.jpg.html]

[/URL]
Definitely the Red Army jacket!

Toda ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is a good match for the backpack seen on a few of them...

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/2-used-british-military-surplus-wwii-era-rucksacks?a=1869181

This is a possible boot candidate...

http://www.amazon.com/Sa-me-Vegan-Japanese-Super-Boots/dp/B015G2JJ1M

And I think the jackets are actually the Afghanistan campaign jackets shown in this link.

http://www.soviet-power.com/detail.php?pid=45098

―General Han Solo
Toda ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another pic. showing a decent look at the boots (lower left side of photo). I think they are Fugu vegan superboots. If you compare the Fugu boots to this pic, the VD pic and other blurry images they all appear to have similar dual velcro straps (two sets).

―General Han Solo
Toda ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Proposed Standard – Resistance Trooper
Required Items:
1. Jacket - Light, olive or dark green or brown or tan military jacket with no visible buttons or zippers shown. Most jackets appear to have stand up, short collars. Russian Afghanistan campaign jackets (tan) seem to be screen accurate on some troopers, while Czech. and German (and other?) field jackets (greens and browns) appear to be on other troopers. Some jackets have a red or black Rebel Alliance “Starbird” logo spray-painted or stenciled on them.

2. Long-sleeve mockturtleneck shirt – cream, light tan or ivory in color

3. Pants – Dark green or brown in color. Military trousers with no leg-side pockets preferred. BDUs are not acceptable.

4. Belt – brown leather belt with metal rectangle buckle. Belt should be 1.75” to 2” wide and Range Tan or Canyon Tan in color

5. Boots/shoes – Option 1: Black or brown, flat, wedge-soled boots with two dual-strap Velcro closures. Fugu Japanese Super Boots seem screen accurate on some screen troopers and in the Visual Dictionary, but some troopers seem to have taller, non-velcro-strapped fronts.
Option 2: Po-Zu Well-2 brown or black boots or something similar with a leather strap around the top
Option 3: Black low-cut boots or black shoes with rounded toe with dark brown or dark green colored gaiters.

OPTIONAL ITEMS (at least one required for formal)
1. Screen-accurate flip-front combat helmet (type unknown)

2. Canvas patrol cap or other similar cap. Numerous versions are seen in the movie. A Russian Afghanistan campaign cap with back flap appears on a few troopers, desert style caps on others and standard patrol caps yet on even more.

3. Leather belt boxes
4. Blaster – BlasTech EL-16 or EL-16HFE blaster rifle or refurbished DH-17 blaster

5. Sidearm and holster - Glie-44 Erliss Ryloth Defense Tech Pistol - accurately modeled and appropriately painted. Holster should be Black/Charcoal/Dark Grey or brown molded holster of a hard/stiff material and secured with rivets/Chicago screws and affixed to the belt via a loop of grey webbing/strapping.

6. Backpack – Canvas olive drab or tan pack with two strap closures are seen on some troopers (British WWII soft pack?). Another brown pack is visible on at least one trooper with numerous greeblies and parts added on to give the appearance of a communications/radio pack.

7. Ammunitions bandolier – Brown or green. Several types are seen in the movie.

8. Gloves – black or brown leather short gloves

9. Goggles – White or black frame with white or grey strap

―General Han Solo

Last edited by Toda () on Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's start breaking them up.
This guy is wearing a Russian"Telogreyka" (fufaika jacket) with the bird on it. and Gray or Dark brown trousers. He also has a reddish brown Red Army belt/

This cat seems to be wearing this jacket
http://www.soviet-power.com/detail.php?pid=45098
or this one
http://www.soviet-power.com/detail.php?pid=1176

Dark brown trousers and the this boot
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/European-new-winter-fashion-leather-drum-in-leisure-Velcro-cowhide-tooling-leisure-Men-s-boots/32274255135.html
or this one.

Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toda ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you have nailed 2 of the 4 "typical" combinations so far. As far as I can tell, all of the pants are green or dark brown, no grey. The other two jacket types are light green and dark green with no visible button on the front. They are probably European (Czech or Belgian).

Here is a good look at a light green jacket with dark green trousers...

It looks like some of them have pockets and some do not. I played around with a field jacket I own and if you fold the collar inward (tucked in) then just about any jacket could possibly be used if it is the right color. All boots that I can clearly see are either flat-soled or very, very low-heal. More to come...

―General Han Solo
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment -> The Force Awakens All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: