Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=1386aacc1a8301a94c5bbe5ca108df86Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Endorian of the Month - March 2016

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Draeden Wren (Donald Wicks)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 7 (View more...)
Celebration Anaheim (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:53 am    Post subject: Endorian of the Month - March 2016 Reply with quote

This month we are happy to feature one of our long time members, Master Mina, as the Endor Base Member of the Month!

Tell us something about yourself:

I’m a paralegal by day, and a filmmaker by night. In 2010, I decided to go back to school to pursue my lifelong dream of becoming a filmmaker and animator. I tinkered with filmmaking as a major when I was a youngling in college, but I ended up pursuing a different career path. Star Wars has been a big influence for me to go back and pursue this dream. That passion for Star Wars is coming out in my projects. Three of my short films have gone on to win best in category and the people’s choice award at major international film festivals.

How long have you been involved with the Rebel Legion:

I was introduced to the Rebel Legion in 2007 by one of my dearest friend’s, Marie Cannon aka granny-wan. She is a devoted member and leader of the Rebel Legion. She felt that the Rebel Legion would expand my Star Wars connections, collaborations and would be fun. She was 100% right about that.

Positions held (past or present)?

Unfortunately, my schedule doesn’t allow time to hold a position in the Rebel Legion. But I find other ways to support the members and leaders of the Rebel Legion.

What costume(s) do you have?

I have several: A generic Jedi (my favorite), a Jedi Twi'lek, Luminara Unduli (fan and LFL’s favorite), Endor Trooper, and Duchess Satine (kid’s favorite). Marie Cannon made all of these costumes.

What costumes do you have in the works (if any)?

None yet. But with the casting of Laura Dern (she’s blonde) for EP VIII, I have a feeling that I will be working on another costume very soon, in a galaxy far, far away.

Do you have a favourite Troop/event:

WonderCon San Francisco was always a favorite troop/event for me because it was held in my hometown, it was small enough to see and experience everything, and Lucasfilm always supported the Rebel Legion 100%. Sadly, WonderCon moved to Los Angeles and I haven’t trooped this Con since.

WonderCon San Francisco will always be near and dear to my heart, but my all time favorite event happened at Lucasfilm. The event was to promote the Clone Wars and to also support a charity for a local school for low-income kids. The kids started to cry when they saw us. It was an emotional moment that I will never forget. And to top off the event, I had a brief moment with George Lucas. He leaned over to me and said, “thank you” as he walked by. Thank the Maker.

What is your first Star Wars memory?

My first Star Wars memory was sitting in the car at the drive-in with my mom, sister and brothers on opening night of Star Wars – A New Hope. I was mesmerized when the Star Destroyer came onto screen in the opening sequence. To see something of this magnitude on the big screen was epic back then. I remember the moment as if it were yesterday. And then Luke Skywalker appeared on screen. I was hopelessly devoted and hooked after that.

Favorite Star Wars movie:

Empire Strikes Back.

Favorite Star Wars Character:

Luke Skywalker, of course.

Any Social Media/Business to plug:

Here are the links to my social media feeds for those wanting to connect with me:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.parker.1806
Twitter: https://twitter.com/robin_jedirp65
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/robin-parker-2305067
IMDb: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm5201414/

Until we reach the last edge, the last opening, the last star, and can go no higher. - Enfys Nest
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: