Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=3a123e390d9794105414ffa88e8f5769Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Visitante suizo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases S. America -> Chilean Outpost
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ritin Kornas ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:39 am    Post subject: Visitante suizo Reply with quote

Buen dia amigos,

Soy Thibaut, de Suiza, y estoy actualmente en Chile
Hablo solo un poco Español (y le escribe muy malo). Le entiendo mejor que le hablo.
Ademas, mi ingles es mejor, así que voy a escribir mi mensaje en ingles.

si no entiendien bien ingles, diga me, voy a hacer todo mi mensaje en Español Wink

So, switching to english, I'm far more fluent. I'm Thibaut from the newly formed Swiss Outpost (and former member of French Base), as well as I hope soon, member of the Swiss Garrison !
I'm currently in Chile for 3 weeks, not for holidays but for work in La Silla (in the middle of nowhere !). Fortunately I've been able to save 2/3 days for "holidays" visiting the great Santiago de Chile a bit at the end of my job here.

Would some of you be interested at that time (18 and 19 february), to meet together in Santiago with a foreign RL member (me ^^) and share a drink together ? We could establish some link between our outposts Wink

Cheers,

Thibaut aka "Ritin Kornas"

PS : I've already had the opportunity to go at the top of the costanera building (which, according to your Facebook page, you have been to too) the view really worth it !
Dragnar (Ignacio Portilla)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, welcome to Chile!

I know a little about the La Silla Observatory, (i've never been there) and as far as i know the sky is awesome in the nights Very Happy

We could try to set a meeting here in santiago (most of the Chilean Outpost members live here, but not all) with some of the members for a drink in a centric place (maybe near the Costanera Center)

i'll inform the members too through the facebook page we got and i hope we can set a day and hour for the meeting Smile

Best regards
Ignacio aka "Dragnar"
Ritin Kornas ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you !

Well about La Silla, as far as I know, you can not access it usually. Except on the Saturday where it's opened for free visits apparently. Other days the site is closed with a guard at the entrance on the road.
The sky is of course really nice to observe Smile

It would be nice to share a drink with you on one of the two days, and I could also improve a little bit my spanish with some practice ^^ seven years without speaking it at all has made a lot of damaged.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been talking with the CO and XO about your visit, and hopefully we can set a date for a meeting when you're on santiago.

We will try to coordinate with you the day and place for meeting ASAP Very Happy
Dark Knight (Johan Barra Fritz)
Base Membership Officer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regards Ritin Kornas.

I'm Johann Barra, Chilean XO.
We will glad to meet you here Smile i propose you this:
Every Thursday we train Jedi Esgrima with some Rebels and friends, we meet in "Salvador" subway station, it would be nice to have you there to talk, watch and may be clash some Lightsabers! blue saber

This would be Thursday 18, if you could not meet us that day, Friday 19 we can go for a drink nearby Costanera Center or "Tobalaba" subway station.

Tell us what do you think, it has been a pleasure, have a nice stay here in Chile.
Ritin Kornas ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both are ok for me, my hotel is exactly in the middle at the subway station pedro de Valdivia Smile

I think we can say Thursday, it will be more untertaining and linked to our passion Smile Just I didn't bring my lightsaber ! Gosh, I know Obi wan always says my lightsaber is the thing that will me alive... but forgot it at home ! (Thus I still have my swiss army ligthknife Wink)

So then we say the 18th at the Salvador subway station (any particular exit from the subway to find each other more easily ?). At what time do you meet ?

As a tourist I might not be hard to recognize... but anyway I will have my rebel legion silhouette T-shirt (yeah, I had it with me ^^), and if I think about it, I will also get a Jawa teddy bear with me ! Wink So should be easy for you to recognize me !
I guess closed shoes is recommended !

I'm glad to join you ! Waiting to be next week, have a good week end in the mean time !

Cheers

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

excelent! we'll see on Thursday then Smile and about the lightsaber, i believe we got a few to spare (all depends of the ammount of people on that day)

In general, we meet on the ticket office (or the ticket booth, i dont know how its called lol) or near the stairs that go up and out the station at 19:30, and we wait until 20:00 if someone's late

I believe it's pretty easy to see us too, we're carying "fish rod" bags with the lightsabers, some of us use a sporting outfit and probably more than one will be using a star wars t-shirt

best regards and see you on thursday!

p.s: If you need more information or something, just write here or send me a MP and i'll answer as soon as possible.
Ritin Kornas ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfect, 7pm30, ticket selling stuff Smile

See you on Thursday then !
Dark Knight (Johan Barra Fritz)
Base Membership Officer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thibaut, see you tomorrow.

Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases S. America -> Chilean Outpost All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: