About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=3cb2f0c3eaa522d3d486f72b26474fedMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

CSC WSMI Member Preview Night - Mission Debriefing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Sunrider Base -> Sunrider Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HazardThree (Jon Paulson)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:00 pm    Post subject: CSC WSMI Member Preview Night - Mission Debriefing Reply with quote

Okay, since Jedi-Luke posted an update on another board, I figured I'd update you all as well. Here's what he wrote:

"Just want to offer up a hearty thanks to everyone who made it last night for the Member's Preview at the Science Center. It was also a good dry-run and a lot of fun. Special thanks to everyone who held over from 6 to 10am for the media crews, and stayed for the main event that night.

I got a special thank you from the lady I was dealing with in final preparations for last night. And the kids and adults, as you all know, were just blown away.

An extra special mention for all our saber wielders who went one on one (or is it better to say one on a thousand) with the kids in the saber demo/mortal-kombat challenge. And of course, to Mike and family for making R2 available on short notice.

See you all Saturday!"

To Lawrence's laudits, I will add a few things...

1) It was an awesome night, the highlight of which were the kids. I got called Wedge, Biggs, Luke and unfortunately Porkins as well. Even the kid's dad said "Ouch, that's gotta hurt." Answering all the kids technical questions about my helmet, chestbox and ship was just the best. Did you know that the Science Center Roof can support an x-wing, 'cause that where I had to tell all the kids it was. (And yes, I know as a Y-wing pilot I was slumming with an X-wing, but that's all that was available at the motor pool.)

2) We had a Vader, R2, 3PO, Boba, Leia, Luke, a plethora of jedi and sith, a squad and a half of storm/clone troopers ... and me. My lone DL-44 against all those E-11s. Glad I won't be so outnumbered come Saturday. One kid asked me "Why do you have a gun?" to which I answered increduously "Whaaaat? Did you not see all those stormtroopers? I'd be dead-meat without it!" Seems that was the one answer that passed muster with him and his family.

3) We were fed well. Hope it's a reflection of things to come.

4) Staff was genuinely happy to have us there and granted us all courtesy and quite a few favors.

5) Everyone who was there had the freedom to roam the entire building, just a reminder that this will not be the case at the Discovery Ball.

6) The exhibit is awesome. Make sure you see ALL of it! Although at times, sections were a little dark for decent photos.

7) The gift shop is dangerous ... VERY, VERY dangerous.Very Happy

To close, Shawn will be emailing out more details regarding the Discovery Ball to those who are attending either today or tomorrow. It's my understanding that he will be appointing 'liasons' to oversee different areas within the Center. (ie. the Star Destroyer, the exhibit and Cantina, etc.) With over 70 costumed characters in attendance, please direct most of your questions that night to the liasons so that Shawn won't be swamped as he is also the direct contact for the Center staff.

Also, one thing to consider. The Discovery Ball is great, as are the fan days - but please consider coming out in costume on the other "non-marquee" days as well. It would be nice to establish a prensence there throughout the run of the exhibit. Just my two cents worth.

Hope everyone's ready for a great couple of months! See you there!
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:37 pm    Post subject: CSC WSMI Member Preview Night - Mission Debriefing Reply with quote

Thanks for the run down. I'm sorry I was not able to join you all in costume that night. It was a long drive down from San Francisco that day, and we wanted to relax and take photos.

I'll post a link to my photo albums in a few days.

*EDIT* Our fan photos from Preview night are up at Image Event

http://imageevent.com/kay_dee/cscstarwarspreviewnight
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Sunrider Base -> Sunrider Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: