Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=115e00a3c82d4ff2fd75920fd451c2afMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Armor Party 2-6-2016

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Bespin Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ramblin Trooper (Brent Borron)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Dragon Con Planning Team Volunteer (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:26 pm    Post subject: Armor Party 2-6-2016 Reply with quote

Its that time again!

When:
February 6, 2016

Workshop time begins at 1:00pm, and ends... whenever the last person goes home. You're welcome to stay and work until midnight or later if you want. (And if you want to get there a little earlier, that's cool too. Just let me know beforehand.)

Where:
Flowery Branch (Gainesville).
PM me or text me for an address. Cool

Contact Info:
If you need the address, or directions, or have a question...
You can text me at: 706-296-0468
Or email me at: tk8198@gmail.com

Food:
Please bring some snacks/drinks, etc. (Chips, Dip, Cookies, Sodas, whatever) I would recommend eating lunch before you arrive. We'll probably order a bunch of Pizzas for dinner, so bring a few dollars to pitch in! Smile

Tools / Equipment:
The workshop has: Band Saw, Scroll Saw, Miter Saw, Drill Press, Bench Grinder, Bench Sander, Heat Gun, Dremels (plural), Sewing Machine, and a bunch of other fun stuff.

What to bring:

If there are any specific tools you want to use, please bring your own. You're more than welcome to use any tools here, but if someone else is using the only ___, then you might have to wait.

Costume Materials. I have a little velcro/glue available, if you want something specific be sure to bring your own! Likewise, I've got some sandpaper here, but if you want to use a specific grit, etc, you might want to bring your own. There is a Home Depot about 5 or 10 minutes from the house, so if you forget something, or decide you need more, you can make a quick trip and resupply, but I recommend getting everything you think you'll need ready beforehand.

Also, its a good idea to bring a camping chair if you have one.

All are welcome, cadets and veterans alike, regardless of whether or not you have anything to work on. Cool
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
2016 Dragon Con Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Giving this a poke so folks will remember that Brent is hosting this and soon!

Armoring events are not limited to hard parts! There's usually sewing and other things going on. It's also a good time to get opinions on fits, plan things and get to know your base members even better!
Mistress Denna (Stephanie)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still waiting to hear about approval for my Rey, but I'm also working on Kylo Ren, currently. (I did a pepakura build of the helmet, and I'm about ready to scream, but it's coming along). While I'm not an *actual* member yet, I'd like to offer my services if unofficial folks are welcome (I've been costuming for 7 years and am proficient in most materials). I can sew my butt off and use most power tools and machines. I'd like to do Phasma very soon, so seeing actual builds would help me a lot. It would help to get to know the GA members a little better, too!

So if that's cool, I'll send you a pm. Very Happy
Kryy Jacobi (Karyn W)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 8 (View more...)
Website Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, by all means, please come! Smile

Proverbs 3:5-6

Check out our new Facebook Fan Page! https://www.facebook.com/BespinBaseGA
Acathla (Patrick)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish i could be there but i work saturdays Sad maybe next time. Knock some armor out people!
Clone Commander Doom: Active Duty

Mistress Denna (Stephanie)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kryy Jacobi wrote:
Yes, by all means, please come! Smile

Awesome. Very Happy
The Real McCoy ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Dragon Con 2015 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the one X-Wing tournament I wanted to go to is that day so now I don't know if I can make it. BAH

kyle Bespin Base - KJO | The Real McCoy FacebookBoba Fett Fan Club
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Bespin Base All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: