About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=de3b1ac0d9112ad19fe723e48bcd84ddMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

WONDERCON 2007 - Mar. 2 - 4
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:47 am    Post subject: WONDERCON 2007 - Mar. 2 - 4 Reply with quote

Just wondering how many Endor Base members are going (this is, after all, OUR biggest con).

http://www.comic-con.org/index.php

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kai Vandekar ()
Archived Member Profile

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:25 pm    Post subject: WONDERCON 2007 - Mar. 2 - 4 Reply with quote

I'll at the very least be daytripping it. Smile

- Kai

Twi'lek Pam (Pam Simpson)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:05 am    Post subject: WONDERCON 2007 - Mar. 2 - 4 Reply with quote

Scott and I will be there! 

Pam :-)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Master Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:51 pm    Post subject: WONDERCON 2007 - Mar. 2 - 4 Reply with quote

I'll be there as always. probably as Anakin ep III and a stormtrooper.
Vandor Theric ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:20 pm    Post subject: WONDERCON 2007 - Mar. 2 - 4 Reply with quote

Im there. This will be the first one Ill actually be making it to God willing. to many freakin things in the past 3 years kept coming up that weekend. Probably only for a day though.
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:56 pm    Post subject: WONDERCON 2007 - Mar. 2 - 4 Reply with quote

I was thinking of having a Rebel photo shoot on Saturday around 12 noon at the carousel.  That would give enough time for anyone to change into their 501st costume for their shoot, which is usually around 2 or 3 pm.  Any objections?

Also, is there any update on an Endor Base banner for WonderCon?

Tionne Hawk (Bridget Maguire)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:45 am    Post subject: WONDERCON 2007 - Mar. 2 - 4 Reply with quote

If I can be there, I will be there for the photo shoot. I wonder if I can have my RFT done by then (note to self: START RFT Wink ).

JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Silver Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:19 am    Post subject: WONDERCON 2007 - Mar. 2 - 4 Reply with quote

If we DO have an RL banner for WonderCon, maybe we can have some business cards, flyers, etc. set up.  Unfortunately, I'm busy working on the SF Fan Force table.  Any volunteers?

http://www.rebellegion.com/files/RLpromotionalpapers.html

JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Silver Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:41 am    Post subject: WONDERCON 2007 - Mar. 2 - 4 Reply with quote

Confirmed Star Wars guests attending: 

Ray Park, Daniel Logan, Peter Mayhew, and Bonnie Piesse.

Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:59 pm    Post subject: WONDERCON 2007 - Mar. 2 - 4 Reply with quote

I'll be at Wondercon too. Gosh, does the Rebel Legion usually have a table? Somehow I don't remember us having one. I don't even know that we have the man power to keep one manned.
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:02 pm    Post subject: WONDERCON 2007 - Mar. 2 - 4 Reply with quote

The fact that there hasn't been a table/banner since 2003 doesn't surprise me that a lot of people don't even know we exist!  People think we're part of 501st, and not a separate club, and the Rose Parade probably reinforced that fact! 
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Medals: 3 (View more...)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:16 pm    Post subject: WONDERCON 2007 - Mar. 2 - 4 Reply with quote

Actually, in talking to some people from So Cal - it seems that the Fan Force and Rebel Legion get blurred quite a bit in the public eye (even in the eye of some of the 501st members I'm afraid). After all, almost half our Fan Force members wear Rebel Costumes (some Rebel Legion approved, some not. Which is a whole different issue regarding their perception of our lack of standards). To add to the confusion, the Fan Force has a table at Wondercon, where many Rebel Legion members hang out in costume.

Not that I'd want to contribute to the blurring of the Fan Force and Rebel Legion, but if Endor Base had enough support from its members to get a table - perhaps we could combine forces and have the tables next to one another and share table duty when needed?

However, with Wondercon fast approaching, it might be too late to organize something this year.

JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:36 pm    Post subject: WONDERCON 2007 - Mar. 2 - 4 Reply with quote

Yes, I think it's late to have an RL table, but if we got the banner made, I think we could still hang it at the 501st table.  If not, at the SFFF table.

Chuey ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:40 pm    Post subject: WONDERCON 2007 - Mar. 2 - 4 Reply with quote

If the Rebel Legion wants to have a table, the option should exist for 2008. When I first help set up resources for Wondercon, I had hoped that both clubs, 501st and RL, could work jointly together to promote ourselves as costume organizations while still maintaining our individual identities. If anyone is seriously interesting in pursuing this, talk to me at Wondercon or PM me.
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:34 am    Post subject: WONDERCON 2007 - Mar. 2 - 4 Reply with quote

If there are no objections, I'd like to have the RL photo shoot on Saturday at 12 noon at the carousel steps.  We could meet at the 501st table first and march up there.  Sound good for everyone?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: