Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=4a96733026db2d24993572b11351a78bMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Endor Base Rebel Trooper Detachment?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JM Saber-Slinger (John-Michael)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, we can modify the name if required/desired by the majority, of course. Perhaps those interested should throw out some suggestions?

My suggestions:

#1. I STILL like Forward Advance Recon Team. The fact that the acronym for it spells a funny word is just a happy coincidence that will probably sail over the heads of those too inappropriately young to get the meaning anyway. And it will probably be a big hit with patches and other paraphernalia. Just saying.

#2. Endor Base Regulators. Because https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5afnr_lZP-Y

#3. Avengers. Imagine the mottos & slogans: "Remember Alderaan!" "This is for the Tantive IV!" and of course, well, you know...

#4. Demolition Team 6. Inspired by and in honor of the Navy Underwater Demolition Team, forerunner of the Navy SeALs, of which Seal Team 6 is the most publicized.

This is my opinion: I think Base officers should have a say/vote, since they represent the entire Base. And of course, for the sake of Base unity and morale, everyone in the base should be encouraged to voice their opinion. Other than that, I think we should restrict the actual decision-making process to those who would-be detachment members. Is that fair?

Whatever we do, let's keep things fun because that's why we do this.

Last edited by JM Saber-Slinger (John-Michael) on Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CooR ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 9 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 2)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Draeden Wren wrote:
Is coming up with a name something that only the potential detachment members are allowed to get in on, or do you want to open it up to suggestions from anyone?

I would say any Endorian would be ok as they could potentially be in the team/detachment.

What'cha got?

edit: I know from past experiences that logo art, not the idea/concept, but the graphics can be done by anyone, so if we need to find help outside the Base with getting that done, that would be ok.
Corsair 13 'CooR' / Honorary Dragon Snake 7
CooR ()
Active Legion Member

Paris Support Badge (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Endor Base RFT detachment name suggestions and other things cont.
Don't punish yourself for reading

- Lambda 583rd Infiltrators
- Lambda 583rd F.A.S.T. (Fire, Assault & Strike Team)
(Fire for when we got shot on Tontine IV, Assault for when we got a blood nose on Hoth and Strike for when we finally hit back on Endor.)

- Rebels of Fortune = Believing in the dishonor of the Empire, these soldiers... (was thinking A-Team)
- Rebels of Glory

- TSF = Tydarian Strike Force
- TSA Laughing = Tydarian Strike & Assault team

- Bunker Busters = "We reject your plans and substitute our better one!"

- Rancho Protectors (Rancho Obiwan & Skywalker Ranch ref.s)
- Sansweet Guardians

- Skywalker Wranglers (those darn kids had to be looked after by someone Mr. Green i.e. their personal guards and we also have the Skywalker temple for our Jedi. Wink Could be the parallel to the Bast Alpha Garrison of the 501st in Louisiana. It is in ref to Darth Vader's personal sanctuary, Bast Castle on the planet of Vjun, where DV handed pick members of the 501st Legion to be his personal guard.(All in comics))

are you sick of me yet? Plz reference time of post
guelras (David Goldsberry)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 4 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 2)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We could also go a slightly different direction and name the squad after an animal native to Endor (since we're Endor Base). Gurreck, Yayax, and Korrina are all examples that could work.
CooR ()
Active Legion Member

Paris Support Badge (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An Endor Animal sounds good. I think I like Gurreck the most and then Yayax next.
guelras (David Goldsberry)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 4 (View more...)
Celebration Europe 3 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Gurreck as well.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gurreck

Quote:
"The gurreck was a horned predator native to the forests of the moon of Endor.

Gurrecks stood on four powerful, clawed feet and had striped fur. The carnivore had two large, tusk-like fangs protruding from its upper jaw, though some were known to have four. Aggressive and graceful, gurrecks chased down their prey then impaled them on their tusks. Though most gurrecks hunted in the forests, some were known to prowl the deserts and hilltops of the Endor moon. Baby gurrecks were known to have been tamed by intrepid adventurers during the Galactic Civil War.

The Ewok warrior Teebo wore the skull of a gurreck atop his head to prove his strength and courage."

These are great ideas/suggestions! I'm gonna rescind my suggestions, since they pale in comparison to what you guys are bringing to the table.

Besides, I was about to suggest, "Endor Base Horny Gurrecks" but then thought I need to learn to shut up. Mr. Green
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CooR ()
Active Legion Member

2018 Dragon Con Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think its time for a first round poll

- Lambda 583rd Infiltrators
- Forward Advance Recon Team
- 583rd Special Forces
- Endorian First Fire, Ordinace & Response Team
- Demolition Team 6
- Endor Base Regulators
- Gurreck (Squad or Fire Team)(Endorian animal)
- Yayax (Squad or Fire Team)(Endorian animal)
- Korrina (Squad or Fire Team)(Endorian animal)
- TSA = Tydarian Strike & Assault team
- Rancho Protectors (Rancho Obiwan & Skywalker Ranch ref.s)
- Sansweet Guardians
- Skywalker Wranglers

I don't know if another thread is needed for a poll and if that poll will allow troopers to pick their fav 3 chooses, or just do that within this thread. Once that is hammered out though, lets email blast the base, throw it up on facebook, yahoo and everyone's grandma's frig. Mr. Green

edit: So just to help move things along, I have started a thread/poll in the members only section. BCO and other officers, if this is inappropriate, please close/delete the thread.
http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=795675#795675
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to everyone who helped get this detachment off the ground!

Congratulations to Endor Base for receiving approval for our very own Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment Squad!!

Thanks and congratulations to our very first Squad Leader Josh "CooR"Cook!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: