Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=5c45193e257851831e418bbc19eeb035Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

On-Boarding for new members

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> General Discussion -> Rebel Rumblings -> New Recruits FAQ Area
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Timbot ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:53 pm    Post subject: On-Boarding for new members Reply with quote

Howdy,

Timbot here. I am not a "new" member in that I have been a member of the Rebel Legion for over a year. I sent out an introduction note to several members at that time but never received a single response. I know several other members in the Dallas-Fort Worth and Tulsa area and visit them when attending conventions so I pick up some information here and there.

Using the forums is also not the easiest since I can only access them from a home computer and I only have that on a couple of times a week due to family and work. ;o)

I stopped by the table at the last Dallas Comic Con wearing my Rebel Fleet Trooper Uniform but it was so busy I didn't get more than a couple of words with anyone. I hung around for about 30 minutes but didn't get any "Hi There!" or "You must be new since I don't recognize you!" on-boarding type of activity so I left to go catch up with my friends and family at the Con.

When I have had a question I get directed to the Forums which is very overwhelming and just found this area for "new" members.

I am a historical reenactor, garb maker, prop fabricator and Renaissance Faire Imperial along with being a long-time sci-fi fan. I have attended well over 100 conventions around the country as a guest and participant. If you were at some of the DCC or Houston events and saw the Atlantis Stargate or a full sized TARDIS along with other projects those were some I helped create. I am part of two other groups and have been asked to provide background "color" for events at the Dallas Symphony, Fort Worth Symphony, Ronald McDonald House of Fort Worth, Scottish Rite Hospital and other events. I have been a member, president and officer in other regional science fiction clubs, one with over 80 local members, in the Dallas-Fort Worth area for over 15 years so I don't think the problem is just me. ;o)

Any suggestions for getting more involved or an on-boarding process would be greatly appreciated?

Thanks for any advice. Timbot
Grey Jedi (Donna Keeley)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 9 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately the message board is our main source of communication.

Did you introduce yourself to the Kessel Base officers? Did you post on the Kessel Base forums? Did you find out if Kessel Base has an offsite forum?

Here are some links that might help you:

Kessel Base forum:
http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=14

Kessel Base Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/KesselBase/

Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment (RAID):
http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=22

RAID Sign Up thread:
http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10067

If you have not signed up for RAID, I suggest that you do and introduce yourself to your fellow troopers. You can also send a message to the Detachment CO.

If you have limited time on the computer, here are the top areas to view:

Rebel Briefing - update on important information
Kessel Base - keeps you updated on your Base information
Merchandise - if you are interested in RL swag
Kessel Base CO
Kessel Base CO

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Boston Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there, I'm the XO of Kessel Base, we do post events regularly on the boards, and we are quite active on our facebook page that donna shared Very Happy
If you ever need anything you can drop me a PM either here or on facebook. If you like i can put you in touch with the regional captain there in DFW area
Kessel Base BCO
Kessel Base XO 2015-2017
Kessel Base RO 2014-2015
Star Temple Master 2012-2014
DZ-72717
AlTJediKnight70BBY ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

My name is Al T, and I am a New (well reall, reinstated) member of the Rebel Legion. I joined back in 2007, and was a member of the Jedi Assembly (Jedi name of Amum Kalla). I am very interested in submitting my costume pics to the website. I have a very nice generic Jedi costume with a Ki Adi Mundi surcoat. I am here in Redlands, CA. Ok let me know what I must do, Thanks!

Al T
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> General Discussion -> Rebel Rumblings -> New Recruits FAQ Area All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: