Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=8d876bd4eb71f8d6d4083931f45a77b6Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

New Member (In the oven) - In Milwaukee!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Nar Shaddaa Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
srsmith332 ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:24 pm    Post subject: New Member (In the oven) - In Milwaukee! Reply with quote

To be more exact, it's Cudahy, more people know where Milwaukee is.

I'm really quite nervous here. I've wanted to talk to you people for a very long time ever since I was a kid. It feels like I'm coming into a full circle. I REALLY want to see you guys @ the Discovery Museum on the 17th! Sorry if I spontaneously hug you..

Hey ladies and gents.
I'm currently working on a costume that is a custom build of Ahsoka Tano as if she were an adult. It's been something I wanted to do for the longest of time, after that, I'll make the stretch to turn myself into Ahsoka (that'll be approved for the organization, I can't wait for that day to come). I don't see why I would go all the way into making a fully grown, mature Togruta, only to fall short with making a young adult that only looks slightly different! I think the process will be very interesting.

In preparation for this build, I lost over 125 lbs and gained 15-20 lbs of muscle. I knew I needed the tools and knowledge to actually build the costume, the overall journey has been very revealing and challenging for me thus far. I took up a very difficult costume to start out with, to see how determined I could be in such a short time frame. It was a proposition that was doomed to fail at the start, I surprised myself with the progress I've already made. I'm even confident enough to say that this costume may be completed in the middle of October! Just in time for the Discovery Museum visit! I really can't wait to meet whomever comes.

Here's my WIP. It's under 'Jedi' - http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=67686

I've been a video gamer and a science fiction believer all of my life. Video games conquered my mind every since I was young boy, so much so, video game recording software (like X-Fire, Steam, and even old saves from ancient games I have) tell me I've spent over 16 solid years in the digital realm. Video games have the ability to empower your creativity and imagination, which I've been suppressing with excuses up until recently. I have some idols, some stick out more than others, one of them is Ahsoka. I can relate with her on so many things, I believe I'm honoring her character by presenting her to the world in the best form possible. I've have been made aware of that I might be the first, in the whole darn organization, that I'd be the first male Ahsoka Tano. Now I'm all excited... Oh well, someone was bound to do it at some point, may as well be me Smile.

I'm glad you guys exist, even you Illionis folk. On some nights, your a fairy tale around a camp fire! I'm aiming to go to Fright Fest this year with this costume (with maybe a bit of a 'Mortis'fied look). Will need to fiddle with the airbrush on that one, no promises though! Haha.

This was a long overdue 'hi' message. I'm just really excited! Very Happy.

WIP - Adult Ahsoka Tano (Season 3-5) Linky - http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=67686
Woulf ()
Nar Shaddaa Base CO
Nar Shaddaa Base CO

Medals: 13 (View more...)
Star Wars Reads Day 2014 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the boards, and good luck on your build.

"Take my love. Take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me."
Schph Gochi (Phyllis Schulte)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 18 (View more...)
Celebration Anaheim (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow....you have a GREAT build going..
and also a great WIP!

You are also very talented...

Where I don't watch Rebels...
I have heard that Ahsoka is back...
aka "Fulcrum"...
which shows her as an adult...
I know that someone has submitted a "Fulcrum" costume

http://livefromthegalaxyfarfaraway.blogspot.com/
srsmith332 ()

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sad, but I'll be here around 1pm-ish if you guys are still around the grounds at Discovery today.

I have sad news to.report.

I can't make it, in costume, to my dry run today. I put heart and soul into this headpiece, it wasn't enough. This is what I was doing for the last 3 days.

I know I set myself up for failure by asking so of myself in such a little amount, but I was looking forward to meeting you guys in costume. I'd still enjoy a hand shake still, it's all about community to me after all Smile

WIP - Adult Ahsoka Tano (Season 3-5) Linky - http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=67686
hartss ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

looking good
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Nar Shaddaa Base All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: