Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=f3dc719c5716652fc59c8d81effa07c0Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

9/5-9/6 ARK-LA-TEX Con - Texarkana, TX

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Kessel Base -> Kessel Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wookiee_cookiee (Erica Facer)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:52 pm    Post subject: 9/5-9/6 ARK-LA-TEX Con - Texarkana, TX
Event: Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:00 pm

Hi guys, I'm posting this on behalf of Scott Horne, who is the primary point of contact between the Legions and the convention. This info is being cross posted on all the Legion boards (501st, RL, Mando) so please help spread the word. For best response, please direct any questions to Scott via Facebook, e-mail or phone. Thanks! Scott's info:

Scott Horne, TB-5319
GXO, Diamond Garrison
niktom@gmail.com
870-557-2433

ARK-LA-TEX Con - PRIMARY INFO

Texarkana, Texas Convention Center

Dates: September 5-6, 2015

Times:
Friday: (SET-UP) starts at noon but I won't be able to be there till about 4 or 5 pm.
Saturday Convention: 9 am - 5 pm
Sunday Convention: 9 am - 5 pm

Guests:
Nichelle Nichols (cancelled)
Jim Salicrup
Matthew Wood
Brian Steward
Joe Singleton
David Schedler
Moses J. Moseley
Theshay West
Chris Harrelson

Con Website: http://arklatexcomiccon.org/index.htm

Convention Center Hotel: Hilton Garden Inn
501st Comped Room Hotel: Holiday Inn Express (we have one free room at this hotel, see details below)

This will be our fourth year helping out with this growing Con and it's shaping up to be a good one!

I am working towards this being a big TRI-STATE and TRI-Club event. I want us to put on a big united front between Arkansas, Texas and Louisiana by the members of the 501st, Rebel Legion and Mando Merchs. This should be a great recruitment time for the intersection point of these three states and a way for us to show Star Wars fans what's out there for them.

Details... Details... Details....

#1 All 501st, Rebel Legion and Mando Merch members will get into the convention for free. We will be making our own badges this year. In the past they have made special 501st badges which technically broke the 501st rules because they didn’t have permission to do so. This year, we make our own. More details coming as the time approaches.

#2 We have the full back corner (see pic) We WILL have space for the Death Star, Hallway Back Drop and Figure Box plus two or three tables. I figure at minimum we’ll do 2 tables, one for 501 and one for RL. We'll also have props, customs on mannequins, buckets, and the recruitment binder on display. So if you have some sweet stuff to show off.... BRING IT ON!

The hallway (Hall B) will be empty again and have better security. It will only be used by us, the celebrities and used for the costume contest.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j210/niktomchuck/501st/2015%20Floor%20Plan%20%20Location_zps4hck5h03.jpg

#3 FREE HOTEL ROOM - Saturday Night Only - We have one, double bed guest room at the Holiday Inn (this is across the street from the Convention center) so that up to 4 Troopers can stay for free. When the 4 spots are filled, a waiting list will be started in the event anyone on the list has to back out.

#4 Speaking of hotel rooms. I would book early, it was nearly sold out last year. The comped room and myself will be in the Holiday Inn across the street from the convention. However, you can book where ever you like. I don't know of any promo codes but it never hurts to ask.

#5 A secure room will be provided for changing and tote storage at the convention hotel. It may be on the convention center level or it may not. We will hopefully know by the week before.

#6 We will be doing a scaled down version of Imperial Gladiators this year!!! The convention has given us a one hour slot on Saturday right after Nichelle Nichols does her panel. Talk about a GREAT TIME SLOT! We're looking at some fantastic exposure here. I need 3 Trooper participants and 3 cheerleader/helpers for them plus some folks to help with set-up and tear down. I would like to have TKs only for this on the contestants.

Additionally, Sunday we will have a panel spot to talk about STAR WARS costuming. Looking to have representatives from all three clubs in the panel.

#7 The charity this year is Texarkana Autism. I’ll get more info and links when they are sent to me. At the moment, I’m thinking we most certainly do a donation bucket (I’m working on a cool idea for this) and donate an item to the silent auction. Anyone of you know where we might could get a TK bucket or something?

#8 We are going to work hard to have a minimum of 3 costumed characters on the convention floor at all times during both days. This is a big departure from previous years. The convention organizers felt we were not in costume enough last year so we will work hard to accommodate that. I will create a schedule that you can sign up for your times as we get closer to the convention and more of a con scheduled is available.

#9 Most likely, we will have a 501st dinner much like last year. More info as time approaches

Give me a shout out if you think you can make it. Would love to have a big showing.

Please let me know what costume(s) you plan to bring!

Last edited by wookiee_cookiee (Erica Facer) on Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:33 am; edited 1 time in total
wookiee_cookiee (Erica Facer)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nichelle Nichols cancelled.
Base Membership Officer

Medals: 1 (View more...)
2017 Dragon Con Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ill be driving up as soon as i get off work Friday morning. I hope to be at the hall by 2. My wife is a vendor so once i get her set up i can start loading props in.

I would like to display one of our fallen members helmets, on a stand to take up less table space, as well as blasters and other small props, space permitting.

I will be around to help out with the table as well, i tend to stay close to it and not wander too far off. After 1 pass ive generally seen everything.

NCOIC, "GUNNY" Marine Detachment Barbarossa
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Kessel Base -> Kessel Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: