About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=1c8f75efe5dcd03770af3ba04719fdf6Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Volunteer to decorate the LFL Rose Parade Floats

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Sunrider Base -> Sunrider Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Miana (Rachel Williams)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:38 am    Post subject: Volunteer to decorate the LFL Rose Parade Floats Reply with quote

I have some great news!  We have the chance to be a bigger part of the Lucasfilm float building experience than we had originally anticipated.  The float building company really needs our help and we will have a once-in-a-lifetime chance to be a part of something unique in Star Wars fandom!

To that end, see below for a handful of dates we are targeting for group decorating efforts.  Also, please note the following guidelines:

1. All volunteers must be at least 11 years of age.
2. Each volunteer should bring a pair of scissors.  If you are volunteering on a dry decoration day, you should also bring a chair and wear weather-appropriate attire as you may be asked to work outside.
3. Wear "grubby" clothing and close-toed shoes.  Costumes are allowed, but wear them at your own risk.
4. If you sign up for a shift, please be prepared to stay for the entire time.  Each shift is given a 40 minute lunch break.  You are encouraged to bring a sack lunch, although there are several fast food restaurants within a mile.
5. You must be able to provide your own transportation to/from Azusa.  We will arrange carpools to the best of our ability.  Street parking is available around the facility.
6. Cameras are allowed but the float decorating company is not responsible for loss or damage.  No radios, CD players, MP3 players or headphones are allowed.

Dates & Shifts

Dry decorating (working with dry materials, cutting, prepping, blending, application of dried material to the floats). Deadline to sign up is November 26th:
Dec 9th 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Dec 10th 8:30am - 4:30 pm
Dec 16th 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Dec 17th 8:30 am - 4:30 pm

Decoration Week (all of the above, plus application of fresh material to the floats). Deadline to sign up is December 3rd:
Dec 29th Shift 1: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Dec 29th Shift 2: 6:00 pm - 12:00 am
Dec 30th Shift 1: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Dec 30th Shift 2: 7:00 pm - 3:00 am
Dec 31st Shift 3 3:00 am - 10:00 am**

**According to our contact at the float building company, this is a very important shift.  Although it sounds challenging, there is one cool incentive for those working 3am - 10am: This is when the judging happens! You will get to see the float up close with the characters on board and with the animation going and music playing.

Please EMAIL ME at mianakenobi@yahoo.com the following required information:
Names of all participants in your party
Email address
Affiliated club
Shift(s)

And finally, our contact at the float building company has assured me that anyone signing up with our group will be able to work on preparation for, or decoration of, the LFL floats.  She also indicated that we can take group photos (in or out of costume) before or after our shifts, but work on the float cannot stop while we do so.

As a last thing, if anyone has a dying urge to help decorate but none of the dates/times work fo you, email Kim Knight at kknight08@gmail.com and she will try to work something out.  Smile

JainaMSolo (Caitlin S.)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 3:47 pm    Post subject: Volunteer to decorate the LFL Rose Parade Floats Reply with quote

So Sunriders (and friends), what have shifts have we signed up for so far?
Miana (Rachel Williams)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:25 pm    Post subject: Volunteer to decorate the LFL Rose Parade Floats Reply with quote

I'm working the daytime shifts on the 29th and 30th then the 3am shift on the 31st (the most popular so far!)
darth_haggis (Stephen Campbell)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Celebration Europe 2 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:51 am    Post subject: Volunteer to decorate the LFL Rose Parade Floats Reply with quote

I'm doing the 9th, 10 and 3am shift on the 31st.

Do we have any details where we're supposed to be going, as well as dress code, etc for next weekend's shifts?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Miana (Rachel Williams)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:59 am    Post subject: Volunteer to decorate the LFL Rose Parade Floats Reply with quote

Kim's waiting to hear back from Mary, then she's going to send out the information this weekend.  It sounds as if we're going to be outside but under a covered area, so I'd dress warm in clothes you don't mind ruining. 
Master--Kenobi (Kim Leigh)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:55 pm    Post subject: Volunteer to decorate the LFL Rose Parade Floats Reply with quote

Signed up for the early shift on the 30th and the 3:00 a.m. shift on the 31st!!!
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:31 am    Post subject: Volunteer to decorate the LFL Rose Parade Floats Reply with quote

I'm signed up for the day shift on the 29th and the 3:00am shift on the 31st. I'm still not 100% sure if I'll be watching the parade from the streets. At least I can see the floats up close on the 31st so that should be cool!
Miana (Rachel Williams)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:43 am    Post subject: Volunteer to decorate the LFL Rose Parade Floats Reply with quote

So here's the big question:

Since we're all going to be there, what are we doing New Years Eve? 

darth_haggis (Stephen Campbell)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Celebration Europe 2 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:29 am    Post subject: Volunteer to decorate the LFL Rose Parade Floats Reply with quote

Sleeping because we're recouperating from the work on the float and so we can get up extra early to go to the Rose Parade!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Miana (Rachel Williams)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:51 pm    Post subject: Volunteer to decorate the LFL Rose Parade Floats Reply with quote

Pffffft.  Sleep.  Who needs that?? 
VegasSkywalker ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:30 pm    Post subject: Volunteer to decorate the LFL Rose Parade Floats Reply with quote

Mike and Alli from Vegas are hopefully going to make it out there for, at least, the December 31st decoration (if my new boss takes pity on me or is swayed by weeping as I haven't even passed my 90 days and I'm already asking for 4 days, one a HOLIDAY, off!) Got reservations for a hotel and got seat tickets too so... here's hoping For Luck!

So if I surpass all that, I'm with Rachel on the sleep issue. As if! I booked Jan 1st with the sole intention of passing out from exhaustion. Even if I COULD get to sleep, I wouldn't be allowed to. This is the FIRST New Year's Eve I've EVER spent amongst friends with similar interests. Maybe I'm still just jonesing from the newness of being able to SHARE my passions rather than conceal them, but this Arkansas girl is planning to party!

Now what to wear...

Alli

Miana (Rachel Williams)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:25 am    Post subject: Volunteer to decorate the LFL Rose Parade Floats Reply with quote

Clothes. 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Sunrider Base -> Sunrider Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: