Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=3a91005b8960db22b1435c17b072aff0Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Hi from Northern NSW

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Australia -> Tython Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
snozzlewort ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 9:50 am    Post subject: Hi from Northern NSW Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to say a quick hello from not so sunny Northern NSW (at this point in time anyway). I'm new to Rebel Legion and am in the process of getting my costume completed and ready for unveiling.

Lisa.
davej ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lisa!! Welcome Smile

Where abouts on the magical North Coast are you? I did a lot of my growing up just north of Coffs.

And, what costume are you making?
snozzlewort ()

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi davej

I hail from Murwillumbah - which is 20 minutes South of the QLD border (close to Tweed Heads). So when I am accepted I will officially be apart of Thython but close enough to Gold Coast so I can troop with Tatooine as well, best of both worlds.

My costume is going to be a general Padawan Jedi - no particular character: I'm going to do something a little different and maybe play around with some colour for the costume, maybe some blue to match my lightsaber - What I'd hope to be one day soon is Jedi Master Aayla Secura from the Old Republic.

However there is only one woman I know of that makes the Leku and it's going to cost me about $200 just to have them made so saving slowly because I do want to be a blue Twi'lek and I just love Aayla: I was devastated when she met her demise...

I'll post some pictures soon of my incomplete costume - I have been scouring op shops for the clothing I need and I found an awesome pair of boots in Vinnies on Thursday for $7.00 I was very happy as it was the same shop that I found my black boots for my Batgirl costume. I am in the process of convincing my Nan that she wants to make my over and undertunic as one piece instead of getting two shirts - I'm thinking a ghi will serve for my middle shirt and then have the overtunic and undertunic sewn to it. I managed to get a really nice pair of pants off ebay but not looking for any of my costume there because most of the stuff I have seen is done by costume shops and they are hideous and badly made. I'm going to take a picture to my Nan of what I want and then track down a Ghi and the fabric colours I want to use for my tunics.

Lisa.
Obickay ()
Tython Base CO
Tython Base CO

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lisa,

Welcome to Tython Base.

There are quite a few Star Wars Costumers up that way and seems to be growing extremely well.

If you have any question we are here to help.

Regards
Joshua
davej ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool Very Happy
As Josh has said, there are quite a few Star Wars costumers up your way. They share a lot of events with the guys from Queensland.
luciferian ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Website Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Lisa

It would be nice to see more twi'leks around, Pam's lekku are well worth it although there is another group around making longer more flexible lekku if you ever decide to go Aayla
Assistant Membership Officer
Assistant Membership Officer

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Lisa Very Happy

I would give anything to have an Alyla, I think she is so impressive and would be a great addition to the base. My wish list after this Supa Nova is to recruit an Ayla a Shaak Ti and a Barris Offee. Thumbs up

But I understand that that's a little down the track.

Good luck with the Jedi build. Please let us see the colour of your intended fabric however, before you commit to the purchase. A few costumes have been denied recently because of non authentic colours. I would hate for you to be out of pocket only to have your costume knocked back.

If you post pics here of your progress, we are only too happy to give advice.

Hope to see an update soon,

Kind regards,

Shay.

" Another happy landing "
Ixam Let'si (max)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lisa,

welcome to the rebel legion and Good luck on your build. As Shay mentioned earlier toy can pay pics here to show progress. In addition to that I would also familiarise yourself with the standards which are intended as a guide and checklist of minimum requirements for a costume.

For ease i have placed in the memory systems of this R2 unit.... I mean Hyperlink..... the standards for the generic jedi Here
RebelRach15 ()
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Celebration Anaheim (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lisa
I'm Rebelrach from Brisbane in Tatooine Base...
You are always welcome north of the border and if there is anything we can help with in getting you approved for Tython Base, do ask.

Geograhpically if we can assist too, let us know. :-).
PCT VADER ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Boston Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Lisa!
First of all nice location. I absolutely love it up that way and am very familiar with your area. I try to climb Mt Warning whenever I get up that way. Beautiful spot to live!

Definitely keep us posted with your progress and fabric choices. As Shay mentioned it's better to know beforehand if you'll be knocked back then after you've sunk money into a costume. We're here to help!

Also as mentioned there are multiple options for lekku's out there. I have one for my Hera coming ATM so will let you know what the quality it like and how it goes. It did sit around the $200 mark from memory but that was including the postage to Australia so wasn't terrible. I know she also makes an Ayla version as well although Pam's would be an excellent option for an Ayla. Just keep saving. If it's a costume you really want to do the process will be really fun as you begin to construct her.

Look forward to seeing how your Jedi progresses!
snozzlewort ()

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:06 pm    Post subject: Choice of fabric... Reply with quote

Hi all,

I was thinking a dark blue for my tabards or my inner tunic, I was going for a mix of old republic and new rebel legion. So I based my colour as if I was going to be stationed on the forrest moon of Endor (on a side note, I just purchased my dialect dictionary, people learn Klingon, I plan to teach myslef Ewokese lol).

My pants are a tan colour and my boots are a dark brown with light brown at the top, my outer tunic I'm going to0 try and get the fabric to match my pants colour, not sure yet....

Also I'm thinking of having a dark blue ribbon braided through my padawan braid or if I go full Jedi have it hanging from my hair in a bun not sure yet on the hair still playing around with it.

Ive been looking for a while for patterns for my tunics and tabards, wondering if someone could point me in the right direction for a pattern, lots of information out there and I want to be sure that I get it right the first time.

Thanks

Lisa.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Australia -> Tython Base All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: