Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=c120b807ac677468acc0864f6dadad04Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Canon vs not canon Jedi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lebo1138 (Jason Leibowitz)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Troopers Helping Troopers (Amount: 2)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:56 pm    Post subject: Canon vs not canon Jedi Reply with quote

New Member here.

Working on Clone Wars General Jedi outfit. I'd like to be Animated General Kenobi. But I am wondering if it is easier to get 'official' as a generic Jedi - and work on the details over time - and then re-apply?

I have a Jedi outfit already - but it needs upgrades. Thinking of getting tunic from twinroses. Forearm Armor from imperial surplus. I need to upgrade my belt as well.

But looking forward to the next steps.
guelras (David Goldsberry)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 4 (View more...)
Star Wars Reads Day 2014 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lebo. Welcome to the club.

I'm going to preface this by stating that this is only my opinion, and others may disagree completely with me.

A month ago I would have told you to go ahead with the generic Jedi and keep working on your Obi-Wan. However, the there is a great deal of discussion going on regarding the generic Jedi in the Prequel era at the moment. My opinion is that we're going to end up with it being very difficult to get a generic approved. I think some of the proposals being made are a bit ridiculous, frankly. So, unless you're ready to submit your costume now, or within the next few weeks, just wait until your Obi-Wan is ready. I know that's probably a bit discouraging, but it feels to me like those in charge are intentionally trying to make it very difficult to get a generic Jedi approved. Good luck. And feel free to post any questions you have in here. A few of the best costumers in the RL happen to be members of this base.
Lebo1138 (Jason Leibowitz)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi David,

Thanks for the reply. Hmmmm - I wonder why the RL would make it more difficult to get in.

I should be able to get my costume up an running by Sept. Which as I type this - - maybe that's why the community is implementing stronger restrictions. Too easy to get in - where once upon a time people took great lengths of hard work to make costumes - where now - it is as easy as exchanging money.

In any case - thanks for the advice. I'll shoot to get grandfathered in - as a generic Jedi. But if I miss the opportunity - I'll work on my general Kenobi.

I did notice there are guidelines for General Kenobi Season 1&2 of CW. But not later seasons - where he only has the forearm armor.

Does Endor base have local 'Armor' or group costume parties? I'd be interested in attending. I was lucky enough to attend a Mando Armor party a few weeks ago in Fremont. It was a lot of fun. I'd love to meet some of the local legion.
guelras (David Goldsberry)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 4 (View more...)
Star Wars Reads Day 2014 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have questions regarding a costume that doesn't currently have standards, you might want to post in the Jedi forum. The costume judges can help you figure out how best to get it approved.

As far as parties go, we tend to be pretty relaxed around here. The Dave & Buster's get together is about as good as we get.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: