Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=34164b598c70f59929beeb1588cc41cdMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Prequel Style Jedi - Costume Standard Proposal (Part II)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> KJO Standards Development -> KJO Standards Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dannv ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Celebration Anaheim (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the last few messages of lets put this or that back, etc., why are we even making any changes? Is there really any point? It looks to me like people want a custom costume category and Jedi is it. Anything anyone proposes to remove gets push back. So, is there really any point in even trying to make changes?

What I don't get is the charter discussion blew up over the idea of any costume being custom, all should be supported by references, but here it's lets make a custom category that covers all sorts of things that don't necessarily go together. I see some major disconnects here.

(And I say custom category because everyone's complaints revolve around removing customization options.)
Cobalt-60 ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ perhaps these elements of the charter discussion should be ironed out before the jedi standards are revised?

if the charter ends up barring all 'custom' costumes.. then this entire thread will be moot.
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Celebration17 (Amount: 2)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I recall correctly, there were two purposes to this proposal. To move to an era based costume standard and to add some much needed clarification to the current standard. Through these discussions, the era based approach has been put aside in favor of focusing on costumes that share components across eras. Even with that change, we still need to add some clarification that may seem minor but would be a huge help to both applicants and judges.

With all due respect, the charter discussion comments feel like you're grasping at anything you can to derail this discussion because you don't agree with the prevailing opinion. Until a new/amended charter is voted on and enacted, we're operating under the current charter which allows for Jedi customization.

Having said that, I feel this discuss has nearly run its course. Tomorrow will be the three week mark for this thread, and I think the DCO and LMO have enough information to an update.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not trying to derail anything.
I don't even have a jedi costume in my profile anymore. Razz

to maintain sanity (in an insane world) I have divested myself of all interest in this topic (which is why, if you've noticed, I haven't been commenting on it).

I deleted my "generic jedi" profiles, because they were basically just anakin and obiwan costumes in disguise.

*shrug*

(( I don't personally believe that we should be allowed to submit a 99%-obi-wan as "generic" -- if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck then it should be judged as a duck -- to be perfectly honest here, my "generic" costumes (much like your own), were modeled after face characters, and I just don't think this should be allowed as "generic")).

http://imageshack.com/a/img913/4574/nmP8vj.jpg

^^ let's be honest here. these are "face character costumes".

there is NO WAY these costumes should be allowed as "generic" (!) LOL Razz

everyone who's ever seen them, has identified them as "anakin" and "obiwan", at first glance.. *

* ..and that was really the point, afterall: I had been told, by the LMO at the time,
to just submit them as "generic" and TROOP as the face character(!)

he said: "nobody will know the difference" -- in retrospect, I think this is dishonest, and just plain wrong.

I never should have participated in the "generic-jedi / backdoor-to-acceptance" category.

all of my other costumes are face characters -- (han, luke) -- this is where I place my focus; not random "customizations".

*shrug*

so yeah.

your assessment is a bit off:

I no longer have a vested interest in the "Specifics" of these generic jedi standards anymore -- I'm only interested in maintaining the integrity of the Legion as a whole.

let's face it:

there is a reason why "custom Mandos" are NOT allowed in the 501st.
(indeed, there is a club for that).

--> by the same token, I believe that "custom" jedi characters BELONG in the "Jedi Assembly".
(there is a club for that).

if anything, these standards should reflect the rules that Trisha Biggar followed when she 'dressed the galaxy' for the Geonosis Arena scene -- these are the only "generic" characters that we ever saw in the Jedi Order -- and the costumes follow an obvious set of rules.

BUT: if you guys have no interest in following the rules of the movies -- if you guys are all dead set on having "standards" for "customizations" -- (which, by definition, do NOT follow standards, therefore this is an impossible task) -- then, at this point, I really can't help anymore.

except to say :
Quote:

^^ perhaps these elements of the charter discussion should be ironed out before the jedi standards are revised?

if the charter ends up barring all 'custom' costumes.. then this entire thread will be moot.

Razz

cheers!

Last edited by Cobalt-60 () on Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
rogue9607 (Nick)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Celebration17 (Amount: 2)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cobalt-60 wrote:
I’m beyond caring at this point.

Cobalt-60 wrote:
to maintain sanity (in an insane world) I have divested myself of all interest in this topic

Cobalt-60 wrote:
I no longer have a vested interest in the “Specifics” of these generic jedi standards anymore – I’m only interested in maintaining the integrity of the Legion as a whole.

So, I have to ask since you say my “assessment is bit off”… Why are you even commenting if you care as little as you proclaim? This standard is nothing new and has been in existence for quite a while. If this standard posed a risk to the integrity of the Legion, we would’ve seen the impacts already. None of the proposed changes would prevent us from keeping the current level of Legion integrity.

Cobalt-60 wrote:
(( I don't personally believe that we should be allowed to submit a 99%-obi-wan as "generic" -- if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck then it should be judged as a duck -- to be perfectly honest here, my "generic" costumes (much like your own), were 99% accurate to the face characters, and I just don't think this should be allowed as "generic").
^^ let's be honest here. these are "face character costumes". there's no way these costumes should be allowed as "generic". Razz
everyone who's ever seen them, has identified them as "anakin" and "obiwan", at first glance.. *
* ..and that was the point, afterall: I had been told, by the LMO at the time, to just submit them as "generic" and TROOP as the face character (you were probably told the same thing).
he said: "nobody will know the difference" -- in retrospect, I think this is dishonest, and just plain wrong.

If we’re truly talking about 99% of a face character, I would tend to agree with you, though it is very difficult to draw a line because of the number of shared components between different characters. I can only assume you were referring to my costumes in your comment and comparing me to Obi Wan, so I’ll use that as an example. The only similarities between my costume and Obi Wan’s are the components shared by many Jedi and OT/tabard/obi color. The fabric, belt, food caps, pouches, belt buckle, obi, lightsaber, lightsaber clip, pants, boots, hairstyle, hair color, and facial hair are all different than his. If you identified me as Obi Wan with all of these differences, it only highlights the difficulty of drawing that line between face character and generic.

Regarding the LMO comments, I do not agree with presenting yourself as a face character if you’re not approved as that character, and I was never told anything similar related to my costumes. In this respect as well, I agree with you. I will admit that I’ve had people at events call me Obi Wan and I’ve rolled with it rather than correcting them… however, I’ve treated that the same as people that have called me Anakin, Darth Vader, and Mace Windu. Razz

Cobalt-60 wrote:
let's face it: there is a reason why "custom Mandos" are NOT allowed in the 501st.
indeed, there is a club for that.
--> by the same token, I believe that "custom" jedi characters BELONG in the "Jedi Assembly". (there is a club for that).

Custom Mandos are truly custom, and ones reproduced from source material typically are eligible for 501st admission. Generic Jedi are not an accurate 1:1 comparison since our generic category is primarily a mechanism to address the large variation of Jedi seen on screen and in media that share nearly all of their components. I suppose we could catalog every Jedi in every source and note their fabrics/colors/components and only allow those combinations, but that would be an administrative nightmare and at the end of the day, we’d likely find reference for the majority of the combinations we see applying today anyway.
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cobalt-60 wrote:
(( I don't personally believe that we should be allowed to submit a 99%-obi-wan as "generic" -- if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck then it should be judged as a duck -- to be perfectly honest here, my "generic" costumes (much like your own), were 99% accurate to the face characters, and I just don't think this should be allowed as "generic").
^^ let's be honest here. these are "face character costumes". there's no way these costumes should be allowed as "generic". Razz
* ..and that was the point, afterall: I had been told, by the LMO at the time, to just submit them as "generic" and TROOP as the face character (you were probably told the same thing).

I don't think it either that robes belonging to face char should be approved as a generic 'cause some people don't want to wear a wig or else anymore.

One more thing what I would like to add to the standarts as well is:
No all Black Jedi's with just some colour splashes on their tabs or anywhere else on their tunics..
Such a costume shouldn't be a Jedi, black is a Sith colour.. not one charakter in the movie even in the background (when you see the face chars going to do their buisness in the temple) is all black in a generic costume, Epi 1-6....
earth tones, greens, greys, brownes,....
dannv ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

Celebration Anaheim (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KaharNi wrote:

One more thing what I would like to add to the standarts as well is:
No all Black Jedi's with just some colour splashes on their tabs or anywhere else on their tunics..
Such a costume shouldn't be a Jedi, black is a Sith colour.. not one charakter in the movie even in the background (when you see the face chars going to do their buisness in the temple) is all black in a generic costume, Epi 1-6....
earth tones, greens, greys, brownes,....

And there is one of the problems with New Republic and Prequel in one standard (one of many, actually.) However, the group in general seems to want to stay with the basic standard we have now, so that's how it goes.

I've pointed out the disconnect between the conversation here and the conversation over the charter. I don't see a real way to resolve it and no one seems to want to. No one is wanting to try to work towards a consensus, either. It's all "my way or the highway." So, I've given up on the discussion. There is truly no point in any of it at this point. We have a standard, as good or bad as it may be. Stick with it and move on.
Oraculo (Agustín)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rogue9607 wrote:
If I recall correctly, there were two purposes to this proposal. To move to an era based costume standard and to add some much needed clarification to the current standard. Through these discussions, the era based approach has been put aside in favor of focusing on costumes that share components across eras. Even with that change, we still need to add some clarification that may seem minor but would be a huge help to both applicants and judges.

With all due respect, the charter discussion comments feel like you're grasping at anything you can to derail this discussion because you don't agree with the prevailing opinion. Until a new/amended charter is voted on and enacted, we're operating under the current charter which allows for Jedi customization.

Having said that, I feel this discuss has nearly run its course. Tomorrow will be the three week mark for this thread, and I think the DCO and LMO have enough information to an update.

Hi Nick, hello to all

Nik, you're right. The debate turned 3 weeks. I agree 100% that we have enough information to perform the upgrade in the standard.

To end this topic:

-Add To upgrade (in the belt item):

Style C: Similar to Original Trilogy (Luke and Old Ben) belts. Singular wide leather belt with a rectangular, oval or octagonal unadorned buckle "

and with respect to this point

Considered pictures will be unacceptable if the applicant is wearing or holding anything not Appropriate for the costume, treats including but not limited to sunglasses, convention badges, drinks, etc. Medical and assistive devices are exempt.

Although it is in the Charter, is not a bad idea to clarify in the standard also (in part additional notes), to make it more clear to judges, members and future members

With respect to Tabard Y

There are no clear references that allow the existence of such variant. Still, the images that we saw in the book "The Jedi Path", in my opinion, I would include.

With respect to black color:

The black color exists in the New Republic Jedi. There are several elements of the Jedi of the New Republic in this standard. The black is valid

This clarified that the unique combination of color that is not allowed, is the red and black

With the addition of Style C belts, with the clarification of medical items to use in the standards, the Tabard Y and the black color, we have an interesting update.

Best Regards!
•BCO Cruz del Sur Base 2016 - 18
•BPRO Cruz del Sur Base 2016 - 17
•Award: Rebel of the Year 2015
•TCO Templo Pucará 2015-16
•Detachment XO - KJO 2014-15
•RO Cruz del Sur Base 2013 -14

Cobalt-60 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KaharNi wrote:

I don't think it either that robes belonging to face char should be approved as a generic 'cause some people don't want to wear a wig or else anymore.

this was my situation for Obi-wan.
I constructed the entire costume to the finest detail.. but I don't have a beard.
and I had no intention of growing one.

--> the LMO directed me towards a backdoor-to-acceptance: the Generic Jedi Category.

if you have a costume that is incomplete, or an ongoing WIP that you're still working on... (a costume that is UNACCEPTABLE in the Rebel Legion, under the correct category)... then you can always submit it as "generic jedi" and be accepted as a Full Member anyways.

UNacceptable = accepted!

BANG! now you're a member of the Rebel Legion. and "nobody will know the difference".

Rolling Eyes

this category has always served as a loophole,
for granting acceptance to costumes that are UNacceptable in the Rebel Legion.

the LCJ's often suggest, explicitly,
for people to just submit their incomplete/unacceptable face characters as "Generic Jedi".
(how often do we hear: "this costume won't pass as Obi-wan, but it will pass as Generic Jedi", or something similar..? this is a common practice in this Legion).

--> the very existence of this category NEGATES and UNDERMINES the enforceability of face character standards.
(so ...why bother having 'face characters' at all? ..when they are so routinely side-stepped, as a matter of Policy, by applicants AND judges alike??)

-======-

I believe we should bring back the "informal" designation and apply it to ALL "customized" (or "non-canon") costumes, such as Generic Jedi.

a "formal" costume would be a face character --- a faithful representation of LFL intellectual property. (aka:StarWars)

an "informal" costume would be a character from the applicant's own imagination. (aka:Generic/Custom)

we need to form a distinction between "star wars" costumes; and "cosplay-within-the-SW-universe".

this thread is trying to form standards for "cosplay".

(we are a costume club; NOT a "cosplay" club!! LOL)

Razz

if we MUST have 'standards' for "customized cosplay" ... then these should be considered "informal"
(otherwise, they NEGATE what this club was built on -- they UNDERMINE the integrity of the Legion).

cheers!
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I will admit that I’ve had people at events call me Obi Wan and I’ve rolled with it rather than correcting them…

^^ these people don't see your customized character. they only see a very INaccurate obiwan.

if you don't see a problem with this, (re:"integrity of the Legion"), then I can't possibly explain it to you.

Razz

cheers!
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cobalt-60 ?

I see this completly like you..
Hopfot (Scott)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cobalt-60 wrote:
let's face it: there is a reason why "custom Mandos" are NOT allowed in the 501st.
indeed, there is a club for that.
--> by the same token, I believe that "custom" jedi characters BELONG in the "Jedi Assembly". (there is a club for that).

Actually, that's not why there are no custom Mandos in the 501st. There used to be custom Mandos in the 501st. But the 501st had a general dislike for them when some of the custom jobs were a bit too out there, such as fluro coloured mandos. Mandos that just didn't look "in-universe"

So the 501st removed them from the roster and just had the canon movie and EU mandos only. And since they did this, the rule was extended to all costumes. Which therefore meant no generic Sith.
So from the large number of Mandos who had custom Mandos it was decided to instead form a new group just for Mando costumes (both canon and custom). And then the Mercs were formed. But over time even they have had to set the standard same as what we have for Generic Jedi, as they were getting swamped with Mandos that just weren't "in-universe". So it was decreed that whilst generic and Custome, they ahd to still follow certain guidelines, as we do.

Now for groups like Jedi Assembly, they are generally created because people didn't like the rules or guidelines set out by groups like the RL or the 501st. And thus form there own groups.
We should never get rid of Generic Jedi, as they are the biggest pull card for costuming in the RL. But they should have guidelines. And that's the point here, is to hash out what those guides are.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to add to my previous post, if the 501st had custom Sith. It would turn into a massive draw card for membership. I for one would certainly support it. But the reason they don't and never will. Is because it would be a slap in the face of the Mandos. And that's why they also don't have custom sith. For the 501st, it not "there is a group for that" it is "we want to keep our standards to EU and Movie canon". We just say the first line, so that people stop bugging about it.
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone

In this message, we will put the proposal to upgrade is, with all the amendments and ideas raised in these three weeks.

First, comparison between the current standard and the proposed standard

https://docs.google.com/document/d/18wEYDxsJC8IGYE9N7WARqVmpJGBOiJF3zJ5Gt7VzfSM/edit

Below I write the proposal to upgrade and add in blue the three points that were discussed in the last week. They can leave or take.

Quote:
Traditional Generic Jedi Standard

Description: This costume standard encompasses traditional styles seen in Episodes I-III, animated series as The Clone War, videogames, prequel comics, and New Republic comics / Books that include a typical Jedi tunic / tabard / obi combination.

Required:

1- Outer tunic (OT):

a. Sleeves can be to knuckles, sleeveless or any length in between. Sleeves shorter than wrist can only be worn with a full sleeved IT.
No vests, or sleeveless V-neck type sweaters may be worn as a sleeveless OT.
b. No martial arts wear allowed. (E.g. judo/karate gi).
c. All OT's must have a left & right front panel which overlap.
d. OTs must have a collar (approximately 1 inch to 2 inches wide).
e. OTs must completely cover the buttocks and crotch, and may extent to to any length between the minimum and ankle

2- Inner Tunic (IT):

Inner Tunic or Under Tunic may be any of the styles as seen in Episode I-III.
If the OT is sleeveless or short sleeved, then an IT must be worn and must have long sleeves.

Examples of acceptable Inner Tunics can be found here-

http://www.kjo.rebellegion.com/?portfolio=generic-jedi-inner-tunics

3- Tabards:

Tabards must extend at least to or past the bottom hem of the OT and be the same length in front and back. Alternatively, the back tabards may end under the obi.

For OTs that are past the knee the tabard may be shorter than the OT, but no shorter than knee length.

a. Tabards must not cross in front. Tabards may partly cross in the back.
b. Scarf-style tabards, (two front tabbards, which are joined around the neck), are permitted.
c. The end of the front tabard(s) may have a variable shape. (Square, rounded, triangular).
d. Tabards may have borders and/or varying decorative symbols or other decorations (such as a geometric pattern). The decorations/designs must not obviously be from an Earth-bound period or culture (Renaissance, Celtic, Asian, tribal, etc.)

*Optional

Aurebesh

e. Leather or pleather tabards are permitted.
f. Tabard width should generally be from the seam at the collar of the OT to the edge of the shoulder (and be a similar width as the obi). The width should be the same all the way down and must be proportional to the costumer’s body.
g. Tabards must be the same color on both sides (face and lining).

*Optional

Y-shaped tabbard: Tabards join together at the bottom, making it
one tabard, rather than two.

[i]References

The Clone Wars

http://cdn.bleedingcool.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/ObiWan.jpg

The Jedi Path book

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a215/kiraxx/Nordic/Jedi/Tabs/11759610_10153157175168795_269326721_outline_zps5fw2yjrh.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a215/kiraxx/Nordic/Jedi/Tabs/11774497_10153157175263795_1118364537_outline_zpsni7yc0em.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a215/kiraxx/Nordic/Jedi/Tabs/11759542_10153157175243795_1444154142_outline_zpsiopoyrdv.jpg

4- Obi (Sash):

The obi wraps around the waist, and must be wider than the belt and/or of a similar width as the tabards.

a. Obi closures (velcro, snaps, etc.) must not be visible.
b. Leather or pleather obi are permitted.
c. Obi may have borders.

5- Jedi Belt:

Black or Brown Utility Belt (all belts must be proportional to wearer):

* Style A: Similar to Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon belt:

Wide main leather belt with a narrow secondary leather belt on top of the main belt, with a movie-style or similar buckle on only the secondary belt.
a. The narrow secondary belt cannot be loose or "sag".
b. The narrow secondary belt must be held in place by at least 8 button studs.
Belt can be two toned.

* Style B: Similar to Adi Gallia's belt:

Wide main leather belt with a smaller leather belt woven through the wider belt. Smaller belt should not have a buckle in front. No button studs.
Belt can be two toned.

Style C: Similar to Original Trilogy (Luke and Old Ben) belts.

Singular wide leather belt with a rectangular, oval or octagonal unadorned buckle.

For all styles:

a. Belts in all styles are generally two inches to two and a half inches wide, but the width must be in proportion to the wearer. Very tall or large costumers may need a wider belt. Very short people may need a narrower belt.
b. Belt closures (velcro, snaps, etc.) must not be visible.
c. No Earth-bound buckles or buckles that obviously belong to an Earth-bound period, culture or to other sci-fi/fantasy genres

6- Jedi Pouches:

One or more utility pouches or resin cast utility boxes. ( Leather or leather-like material or resin cast boxes, as seen in the Star Wars universe. )

The paint scheme on resin cast boxes should blend well with the overall costume.

7- Food pellets/capsules (at least one set of four)

Food pellets/capsules should be painted a metallic color and may be gold, silver, bronze, copper or pewter. Other metallic colors are not permitted.

8- Lightsaber:

No plastic toy sabers, no Ultimate FX short saber. The lightsaber may be a static prop (hilt only). Attached blade(s), LED lights, and sound effects are allowed, but not required.

a. Metal hilt lightsabers are preferred, though custom lightsabers constructed of other materials are permitted.
b. Blade colors accepted are: blue, green, yellow, orange, white and violet. No red, pink or black blades.
c. Double-blade sabers are allowed.

9- Lightsaber Clip:

Covertec or similar style lightsaber clip. The hook for D-ring sabers is also possible

10- Pants or skirt:

a. Pants should be plain solid fabrics without decoration. No visible pockets.
b. No cargo pants.
c. No hakamas.
d. Skirts must be long enough so that no bare skin is visible, and may be floor length.
e. No Corellian Blood Stripes (Han Solo Pants).

11-Boots:

Brown or Black Boots – Leather or leather-like (no rubber boots).

a. Above the calf or mid calf, but not above the knee.
b. No visible laces or outside zippers. Zippers on the inside of the leg are permitted.
c. Straps & shin-spats are allowed, but not required (though can be used to cover laces and zippers).
d. Black can only be worm with a black belt and brown can only be worn with a brown belt. No black/brown combinations.
e. Buckles are permitted, but should not detract from the overall look of the Jedi costume.
f. Flat or low-heeled, 2 inches maximum. Spike heels are not permitted.

12- No visible t-shirts.

13- Permitted Colors for Outer Tunics, Inner Tunics, Tabards, Obi, Pants/Skirt

Earth tone colors, preferably shades of brown, gray, black and white.
Other earth tones allowed: greens, blues, yellows, violets and reds, but they should be of low saturation (muted).

No bright or loud (sharp) colors are allowed (examples would include: bright red/blue, pink, neon green, canary yellow etc.).

Combinations of red and black are not allowed, as they are considered Sith colors.

Legion Costume Judges are the final authority on color. If in doubt, contact a Legion Costume Judge for an opinion on proposed color combinations before construction.

Optional

Jedi Robe or Cloak:

Large Jedi robe or cloak with attached over-sized hood, similar to Prequel movie canon robes/cloaks, brown, cream or black colors. Brown preferred.

a. A hooded cloak with side splits is permitted, or a sleeveless surcoat simlar to that worm by Ki Adi Mundi and Sarrissa Jeng.
b. The hood must be large enough so that (1) when the hood is up, the sides of the hood drape to extend to or cover the shoulders and (2) when down, the tip of the hood should fall near the small of the back (or lower).
c. The sleeves must be full and flare larger at the cuff. The circumference of the cuff should be at least as long as the sleeve (from shoulder to the hem).
d. The overall body of the robe or cloak/cape must be full.
f. The length of the robe or cloak/cape should be hemmed no shorter than the ankles.
g. No robe/cloak that is unique to a face character. Example: Count Dooku's cloak with neck chain or Barriss Offee's blue and grey pattern.

Additional Notes:

a. Accessories may include: eye-wear, face coverings and jewelry.
Though not required, applicants are encouraged to provide precedence (of their accessory of choice) within the Star Wars universe.
b. Arm wraps are permitted provided they are of a style similar to what is seen in the Star Wars universe.
c. They may also include other accessories used by jedi like the aqua breather and comlink. The comlink must be in the styles seen in the PT movies and CW series.

d. Considered pictures will be unacceptable if the applicant is wearing or holding anything not Appropriate for the costume, treats including but not limited to sunglasses, convention badges, drinks, etc. Medical and assistive devices are exempt.

Full list of species that can be Jedis with sources

Please note that some of these species can't be used for the Traditional Jedi due to their physique. The individual face characters can always be made.

Twi'lek( http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Aayla_Secura )
Togruta( http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Shaak_Ti )
Mon Calamari ( http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Cilghal)
chaddra fan( http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Tekli)
Ithorian( http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Byph)
Talz( http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Foul_Moudama)
Rodian( http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Bolla_Ropal)
Kel Dor( http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Plo_Koon)
Iktotchi( http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Saesee_Tiin)
Lannik( http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Even_Piell)
Thisspiasian( http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Oppo_Rancisis)
Tholothian( http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Adi_Gallia)
Quermian( http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Yarael_Poof)
Zabrak( http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Maris_Brood)
Vurk( http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Coleman_Trebor)
Nautolan( http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kit_Fisto)
Mirialan( http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Barriss_Offee)
Neti( http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/T%27ra_Saa)
Ongree( http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Pablo-Jill)
Wookiee( http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Tyvokka)
Shistavanen( http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Voolvif_Monn)
Nikto( http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/J%27oopi_Sh%C3%A9)
Aleena( http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Tsui_Choi)
Whiphid( http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/K%27Kruhk)
Yuzzem( http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Barratk%27l)
Ramoan( http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Bazel_Warv)
Barabel ( http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Bazel_Warv)
Cathar( http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Juhani)
Selonian ( http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Zonder)
Chev ( http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Tresina_Lobi)
Arkanian ( http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Arca_Jeth)
Kiffar ( http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Quinlan_Vos)
Cerean ( http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ki-Adi-Mundi)
Sullustan ( http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Elora_Sund)
Fallen ( http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Zule_Xiss)
Caamasi ( http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ylenic_It%27kla)
Gand ( http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Vaabesh)
Besalisk ( http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Pong_Krell)
Arcona ( http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Izal_Waz )
Aqualish ( http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Windo_Nend )
Fosh( http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Vergere )
Chiss ( http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Nuru_Kungurama )
Pau'an ( http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lar_Le%27Ung)
Bith ( http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Unidentified_Bith_Jedi_%28Yinchorri_Uprising%29 )
Ewok ( http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Unidentified_Ewok_Jedi )
Weequay ( http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sora_Bulq or http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Unidentified_Weequay_Jedi )

Important Note: You can consult the list to see if it's possible that the selected specie may be Jedi. That list is a guide that help if your chosen specie can be used in a Jedi costume. Member should supply reference for species not listed here.

These costume standards are designed as guidelines and that if in any doubt on any requirement please contact the BMO, DCO,DXO or costume judge. OR better still create a Work In Progress thread on the rebellion forum.

Thank you so much!

Best Regards!
•BCO Cruz del Sur Base 2016 - 18
•BPRO Cruz del Sur Base 2016 - 17
•Award: Rebel of the Year 2015
•TCO Templo Pucará 2015-16
•Detachment XO - KJO 2014-15
•RO Cruz del Sur Base 2013 -14

Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's time to take this back to the standard committee and refine it. There has been a lot of input and if any of you still have new reference, please post them. Smile

Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> KJO Standards Development -> KJO Standards Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: