Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=4019497cbb274b0b732316fbf491e116Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Deliah Blue - Legacy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Fringe Tutorials
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Meggyra ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Celebration Europe 3 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:34 pm    Post subject: Deliah Blue - Legacy Reply with quote

Hello rebels! Smile
I am not very known on the forum, I'm a member since 2007 but I've still only one official costume in the RL: a Naboo Pilot one.
I've tried to make the Princess Leia animated (with the new belt I hope it will be accepted) and I've done Darth Talon also but unfortunately it's too hard to make the bodypaint so I just wear that costume for some fun events Smile

Now I've decided it is time to make a new costume, one I love so much: Deliah Blue from Legacy!! (yes I'm a fan of these comics :p).

I just need your advises on my work, to make it good on the first time!

Firstly the shirt :

FRONT - 1st sewing :

FRONT - 2nd sewing:

BACK - 1st sewing:

And the pants:

FRONT - 1st sewing:

BACK - 1st sewing:

It's the "first sewing", because for the shirt, I think it's good except the lines on the front. It's too large and I need to make it again, I wanted to test first Smile
For the pants, it's also too large, the hardest part was to see the proportion of the colors, I think that's good.

And I'm "scared" about the green colour, because RoninJedi already made Deliah Blue, it's one of my modele Smile but she used another green. Mine is maybe too clear? Can you tell me that to see if I need to buy another color?

All is made by hand, so I'll have to do with the machine when I find one later Smile

Now I'll start the belt and the bracelets in worbla!

(my album on photobucket: http://s292.photobucket.com/user/Meggyra/library/Deliah%20Blue%20Cosplay
Meggyra ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noone answer but here is the tutorial for the gemmes. I want to do the bracelets but first of all I had to do the precious purple rock on it, to see the proportion. I spent all my morning to make it.

Firstly I had to do the mold, so first I use the product on the left : platre

Then easy: you mix 3 doses of it with one dose of water and you mix:

you have to make it a little bit solid but advise: not too much! I put it in the micro waves for 30 sec to get it faster

After that, you have to do the form of the rock. Be carefull because I did the perfect one and I put it again in the microwave but all was broken. After that I did again for 3 times because I can't do the form I wanted.

So that's the result, after sand down it. For me it's ok if it wasn't perfect because I wanted to do a "real form", like if the rock is not made perfect. But it's ok Smile

After, next product:

you have to take te same proportion of white and blue material:

you mix it in a ball, and you must have one colour:

Then you cover the rock with it. It's ok if on the up it's not smooth because inside it will be if you put it good on the rock

Then after 5 minutes (and be carefull because it is dry really fast), you can just remove the rock easily. (it was my favorite part because so simple Very Happy)

Then you have the mold for the rock!

Now, I had to do the rock. I use this product:

(it exists in colors, but unfortunately not in purple, so I use this colorant):

Then you have to follow the steps: mixing two different product 1/3 of solid one, and 2/3 of resine. I add the colorant. The only problem is that it was not written when to put it. I think it was at this time, but I hope it will work

you mix all in a first recipe, and then you do again in a second to be sure it's mixed correctly.

Then, you put that liquid in the mold, and I have to wait 24 hours to have the result.

I hope it will work on the first time because it takes time. If it's good, I'll do the second gemme tomorrow like that I can start the bracelets.
Meggyra ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I continue Smile

The result of the rock (I think it's not perfect but the colour is good and on the bracelet in worbla will be good also ^^ )

After that, I did the pattern for the gloves.
I use alimentary film first then big scotch to make it. And I try to draw on it but the problem is that I am completly alone to make all so with one hand it's complicated.

Result of the glove, I just did one, it took me too much time and I hate sewing it :p
And the worst of all, I'm not sure it is good :s

And here is the test for the make up.
Two things : the wig, I think on the front it must be curl also. Someone knows how to do it and to not burn it? :p
And the bodypaint, maybe I must take a darkest pink, on the pics it seems clearer than in reality.

Back;

Front:

[img]http://s292.photobucket.com/user/Meggyra/media/Deliah%20Blue%20Cosplay/DB%20wig%20and%20gloves%20015_zpspw7sz6dv.jpg.html[/img]

[img]http://s292.photobucket.com/user/Meggyra/media/Deliah%20Blue%20Cosplay/DB%20wig%20and%20gloves%20020_zpslwsmgy9c.jpg.html[/img]

RoninJedi (Ann Marie)
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hooray for Deliah!

I saw your concern about the green. You might want to specifically contact an LCJ for that. Because she's only in comics the colors change a LOT between issues and even panels. If you have a reference for that particular green I would PM that and your In Progress photos to an LCJ and see if you can get them to "okay" it.

LOVE your wig, I think that looks great for her. If you wanted to add more curls as you mentioned I think that would look nice too. If you look at a lot of cosplay websites they have different tips for curling synthetic wigs. Here's a quickie one that I found http://www.amphigory.com/wig_how_to_curl.html. Basically you can use a *little* bit of heat on the wig after your put it in plain foam curlers. I wouldn't recommend the velcro type because it might damage the wig fibers. It will be a lot slower than curling your natural hair, but that's so you can back off with the heat so you don't melt it. Slow and steady is the key with that.

And the arm wraps/gloves, that's a MUCH better way to approach them than I did. I made the bottom part and then wrapped and pinned them and stitched the wraps to each other. I think your method will end up much better and you'll have a lot less shifting.

I think the pink you have for your makeup would work fine. The front photo looks good to me, I think it's just whitening out with the camera flash. So when you take approval photos I would recommend taking them in a well-lit area so your camera flash doesn't make you look pale. One thing I wish I did better with mine is adding in a little bit of shading with a darker pink. If you think about your natural skin it is not one solid tone. But even if you don't do that I think your pink looks good. Again, she changes color so much in the comic, its hard to tell what would be the "accurate" color.

Glad to see another Deliah getting worked on!
Meggyra ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Thank you so much for your nice answers! It's you my model so I'm glad you answer me so nicely Smile

Yes, as you said the biggest problem is that it changes everytime from a picture to another so I never know If I'm working good or not. But your answers help me already a lot!

I'll see which LCJ I must contact for that Smile

And I really love the wig like that, but I think it will not be accepted, so the tutorial you put is nice!
The only part which "scares" me is the boots part. I've never done that but I'll try Smile

Thanks Ann Marie!
RoninJedi (Ann Marie)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meggyra wrote:

The only part which "scares" me is the boots part. I've never done that but I'll try Smile

Do you know how you are planning on doing the boots yet? I made mine from some old Gogo boots that I recovered and added a new zipper into. I stitched the knee "pads" separately using cotton batting and poly-fill and then stitched them onto the boots. I was originally going to have them as separate pads, but they shifted around too much.

Here's a couple tutorial that might help get you started if you aren't sure what method you are planning on yet. These aren't the way I did mine, but I know a few people that have used this method successfully.

http://pokemonmasterkimba.tumblr.com/post/48878427088/ive-always-hated-doing-shoe-and-boot-covers-until

http://www.cosplayisland.co.uk/tutorials/bootcovers
Meggyra ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I was thiking about making a recovering also!
A girl from the 501st found purple boots that match with the belt but I don't find anything of the same colour than my fabric.

I found also tutorial but it seems hard :p and for the pads, I want to make them separately also. I found a tutorial also for that kind of things ...

It will be the really last part I'll do when I'll finish all the last things :p hardest for the last. But thanks again! Smile
Meggyra ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Smile

I've starting to work again so less time to make the costume.

But today I've made the buckles of the belt. It's the first time of my life I use worbla! It's drying so fast I didn't expect that so it's not perfect but I think the result is +/- good Smile

I don't put all the details of the making here because I think that everyone knows how it works ^^ but if you have question, just ask!

I have to paint them now!
RoninJedi (Ann Marie)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoninJedi wrote:

LOVE your wig, I think that looks great for her. If you wanted to add more curls as you mentioned I think that would look nice too. If you look at a lot of cosplay websites they have different tips for curling synthetic wigs. Here's a quickie one that I found http://www.amphigory.com/wig_how_to_curl.html. Basically you can use a *little* bit of heat on the wig after your put it in plain foam curlers. I wouldn't recommend the velcro type because it might damage the wig fibers. It will be a lot slower than curling your natural hair, but that's so you can back off with the heat so you don't melt it. Slow and steady is the key with that.

By the way, since I posted this I have been dealing with a wig for a non-SW costume that I had to straighten and am not recurling it from scratch.

I have had great success so far by using foam rollers and a garment steamer. I also spritz the hair with a watered down liquid fabric softener and its made the wig less tangly.
Meggyra ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's good to know, someone else told me to use foam rollers so I'll try but this and the boots are the really last steps for me :p

But thanks for your advices! I would like to finish the costume for the end of the month!
Meggyra ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I continue to post even if noone reads :p (except you Ronin Very Happy)

So I had too much work and no time, but I did finally the bracelet, just one because it's the first time I use worbla and I thought would be less complicated xD

I have to paint it Smile

Without details:

With details:

And I've ordered boots on ebay but since I'm already really tall (1m82) now I think I'm like 1m90 it's too tall xD so I'll see what I can do..
Meggyra ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Second one done

Meggyra ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally I did the first boot ! I really didn't know how to do because on Internet the tutorial are too complicated because they made completly the boots. Me I've prefered to order some and transform them.
It's not perfect I have to work a little bit more on it but here is the tutorial:

So the boot before the transformation

1) cutting all the details on it (that's sad because I think it was pretty boots ahah)

2) just putting the material on it Smile

3) then sewing along the line. I did it twice because it's really hard to maintain the tissu on it :s So one side then the other.

4) the hardest part: gluing downside. It always move so I let it dry with some "épingles"??
[img]http://s292.photobucket.com/user/Meggyra/media/DB%20boots%20010_zpsqxrtvmpn.jpg.html?sort=3&o=11#/user/Meggyra/media/DB%20boots%20005_zpswuktv5ux.jpg.html?sort=3&o=14&_suid=143366397607208168060045977525[/img]

It's the result but I just have to fix it above, I don't know if I use glue or I try to sew it but on the leather it's not easy...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Fringe Tutorials All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: