Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=29ce9e1f996cd6feedcb324f8e19bcdaMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Discussion:ANH Communication Officer proposal
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Commanders -> RL GSC Standards Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Landeaux (Paul Land)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Celebration Europe 3 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 1:19 am    Post subject: Discussion:ANH Communication Officer proposal Reply with quote

I would like to start a discussion on these standards for a costume to be called: ANH Communication Officer. The character that speaks is named Del Goren, but there is at least one more with the same costume in the scene. Because of this I feel the costume can be done as a generic character. The pants are the same as Dodonna or Antilles while the shirt is done in the style of the Rebel Fleet Trooper.

Description: The Yavin Communication Officers are communications and sensors experts. They serve at Massassi Station tracking the battle over the first Death Star. Del Goren is the most recognizable of the officers as it was he who warned the squad leaders of the approaching TIE fighters.

1. Khaki/tan shirt with bib in front. Bib should cover buttons including one at the collar. No button-down shirts. Shirt is a lighter shade than pants

2. Khaki/tan pants with solid dark brown or black stripe on side of each leg. Pants are a darker shade than shirt.

3. Brown belt (1 ½ to 2 in, range tan or canyon tan) with octagonal buckle.
4. Two metal boxes (app. 2 ½” W X 4” L X 1” D) attached vertically.

5. Tall boots (14-16 inch shaft), riding boots recommended. Brown boots are preferred, but black are acceptable. No straps, buckles/laces or obviously visible zippers.

6. Accurate headset

Please post your thoughts, questions on this costume.

Last edited by Landeaux (Paul Land) on Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:18 pm; edited 5 times in total
Landeaux (Paul Land)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Celebration Europe 3 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few more reference photos

Bouri-Plwel (Rick Bouwhuis)
Legion XO
Legion XO

Medals: 6 (View more...)
Dragon Con 2014 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the reference photos provided...there is not a complete head to toe reference...how can we make a costume standard and call it cannon when we cannot see the entire outfit....I am all for this proposal if we can find a head to toe clear reference to model to make it accurate.....There is not enough pant clearly showing to know what they are or if there are pockets or anything else on the sides etc.....can't see any boots to determine what they should be either.....

"It was an honor just to be nominated!"
"Remember - You are UNIQUE....Just like everyone else!"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Jolee Bindo (Lothar Werner)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 6 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I share the opinion of Rick. We should only allow costumes or declare as CANON, if we can see and fully realize. So some remains open and has not been established or we can not really prove it.

We can only suspect that the pants and the boots are the same as at Dodonna. But we can not prove us it.

That's my personal opinion.
Shivannd (Joel Webne)
Freedom Base XO
Freedom Base XO

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Website Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. I woudl think that they are the same and from this rear image,

there doesnt appear to be a rear right pocket but I could be mistaken.

I think we can probably get away with the same uniform standards as Dodonna with a darker khaki pant.

Joel Webne
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Landeaux (Paul Land)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Celebration Anaheim (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well we really don't know what Dodonna's pants look like from the back since they are covered by his jacket. My belief on the pants and boots is based on an educated guess. In one photo I posted you can see the belt is brown, so it stands to reason the boots are brown. I seem to remember I saw a B/W photo that showed this costume from behind. The character, I believe it was Del Goren, is walking away in the background and he was wearing riding boots. I am looking for that photo again.
Ackredies ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 4 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why brown boots obviously because he has a brown belt???

General madine
Luk skywalker
Han Solo

None had brown boots they had black.

There is a bts shot of madine with brown boots. But the ROTJ generals all had black.

I agree with rick in terms of how can we make a standard without full shots if costume?

I'm thinking of the hoth female communications officer and we've had to do a lot of searching for that but finally found shots of all parts of the costume.

The boots could be like the rebel technicians and others inside the ceremony hall and be under trousers.

I think there's much more research before we can make this a costume IMHO.

And I love new costumes so it pains me to say it.
Active Legion Member

Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now we just need colour.
Active Legion Member

Medals: 18 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 4)

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just putting this out there....

for the record,
we have a Gen Riekeen standard I don't think there is one single photo of him head to toe. I am pretty sure that there are no photos of his feet....could be wrong on that...

Wink

http://livefromthegalaxyfarfaraway.blogspot.com/
Landeaux (Paul Land)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott, that was the photo I was looking for. That shows to me the boots are riding style boots. On the the subject of belt/boots, I was going with the typical convention of brown belt with brown boots. Is that always the case, no, it was a suggestion to start the discussion with. I'm open to whatever color we can decide is the most accurate.

Quote:
Schph Gochi (Phyllis Schulte)
Posted: Wed May 27, 2015 5:37 pm Post subject:just putting this out there....

for the record,
we have a Gen Riekeen standard I don't think there is one single photo of him head to toe. I am pretty sure that there are no photos of his feet....could be wrong on that...

On Mon Mothma's costume, there is no head to toe photo of the back of hers. This goes to the point I made of making an educated guess. If we are going to make educated guesses about this costume, there are none better than who has weighed in on this discussion so far.
Landeaux (Paul Land)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just stumbled across these photos. Unfortunately, they are black and white. At least they show head to toe front view. To me, Dodonna and the communication officer's pants look the same shade. The boots I still am completely uncertain to color.

Lord Abell ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)
2013 Christmas Toys for Tots Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to tread very carefully here. I'm all for this, but...but can we also look at the rebels at the medal ceremony. I want to be one of the rebels with an ascot soooo bad. And I'm being serious. If this already exists, I apologize and will begin work immediately.
Ackredies ()
Active Legion Member

Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now we have full head to toe shots I'm with Paul on this.
The only thing missing is the colour of his boots and we'd have to say either black or brown are acceptable as we can't say for definate yet.
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Abell wrote:
I'm going to tread very carefully here. I'm all for this, but...but can we also look at the rebels at the medal ceremony. I want to be one of the rebels with an ascot soooo bad. And I'm being serious. If this already exists, I apologize and will begin work immediately.

There are standards for the rebels at the medal scene. Junior Officer B is the one you want to do. I look forward to seeing this costume. No apology is needed.

http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=63228&sid=070471f8c449bb143c7419f46682477a
http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=63229&sid=070471f8c449bb143c7419f46682477a
http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=62682&sid=070471f8c449bb143c7419f46682477a
Granny-Wan (Marie Cannon)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 3 (View more...)

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Abell wrote:

Quite a long discussion took place over the medal ceremony officers, and three standards were born from it! We rock...

Like Paul said, you want Officer Version B, for lack of a better name. Maybe "Classy Officer with Ascot" would have been better. Wink Would love to see a WIP on one.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Commanders -> RL GSC Standards Development All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: