Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=210ea82c2122e8cf5ee4bcbcab75feccMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Pilot Helmets Template

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> Rebel Pilot Tutorials, Templates & References
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hopfot (Scott)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:56 pm    Post subject: Pilot Helmets Template Reply with quote

I found this thread of templates for designing your own X-Wing helmet. Which I have found very useful with designing mine.
http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11481

However I like designing in Adobe Illustrator, so using HazardThree's templates I have designed my own AI file templates and decided to share them with everyone.

Adobe Illustrator Files

XwingHelmetTemplate-Side-Back.AI file Template on Dropbox:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/u4b7l84h23v91mt/XwingHelmetTemplate-Side-Back.ai?dl=0

XwingHelmetTemplate2.AI file Template on Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/suh24q1dmpzrt0c/XwingHelmetTemplate2.ai?dl=0

SVG 1.1 Files
XwingHelmetTemplate2.svg file Template on Dropbox:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nj6a2crbst3jit1/XwingHelmetTemplate2.svg?dl=0

PNG Files (for non-illustrator users)

XwingHelmetTemplate-Side-Back.PNG file on Photobucket:
http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af290/hopfot/Rebel%20Legion/Costumes/Templates/XwingHelmetTemplate-Side-Back_zpshvlcvruq.png

XwingHelmetTemplate2.PNG file on Photobucket:
http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af290/hopfot/Rebel%20Legion/Costumes/Templates/XwingHelmetTemplate2_zpsf2y6w1oo.png

Those versed in illustrator will know how to use it. Maybe even make the templates better. Wink

I will try to get around to making more templates for other helmets. And I would like to thank HazardThree for his awesome templates. I will still keep referring people to there who are designing their own helmets.

Last edited by Hopfot (Scott) on Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
ionicdesign (Michael)
Takodana Base CO
Takodana Base CO

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. I prefer using AI as well.

KJO Detachment XO/CO 2011–2013 • LCJ • Assistant Rebel Legion Webmaster
Hopfot (Scott)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated first post with addition of new template. My new template I created myself from scratch. I took photos of my own, not even started building yet, helmet. Then in Adobe Illustrator I traced over the major contur lines of the helmet. Some parts I had to get a little creative to remove perspective, however it should still be accurate or extremely close. Free for anyone to use, so enjoy. Wink
Active Legion Member

Medals: 4 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 2)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Possible to get as SVG, perhaps?

Quote:
Ask your mechanic to be sure to use only GENUINE Incom parts.
Hopfot (Scott)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woofer wrote:
Possible to get as SVG, perhaps?

Done, just had to open and save as SVG in Adobe. Only did my 2nd template though as it's more accurate than the first one.
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Troopers Helping Troopers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally missed this thread while I was buried under all the Celebration prep. Looks awesome, great job!

When I have time, I might combine this thread with the other so all the templates are in the same place. The more the merrier!

And if you want to take a stab at the A-wing helmet, we could really use a template for that one too. Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> Rebel Pilot Tutorials, Templates & References All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: