About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=cd3b72d9c2dde8972dc6ab2ae15eb36cMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Appearances for Cinemax
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Sunrider Base -> Sunrider Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PrincessSolo (Victoria Schmidt)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:12 am    Post subject: Appearances for Cinemax Reply with quote

Quick question - what are the stipulations for the Nov 4th event? Is it "mandatory" for us to be there from about 10-6, or is it something where we can come at a desigated later time as long as there are definitely people there at all times?

Thanks!

~Princess Solo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Grey Jedi (Donna Keeley)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:58 pm    Post subject: Appearances for Cinemax Reply with quote

Sef, that would be great if you could make one of the call center appearances; we are woefully short of bodies. Also, the date for Chatsworth and Fox Hills has changed to Thursday, November 2.

Please let me know ASAP which location you can definitely make and what costume. I have submitted a list to the organizers so anyone I add needs to definitely be there. Thanks for volunteering.

Victoria, I don't think it would be a problem to do part of the Saturday gig. Just let me know what hours you would like to be there. I know it's a long event.
defyitall (Christian Evans)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:53 pm    Post subject: Appearances for Cinemax Reply with quote

I'm in for the 4th!
Grey Jedi (Donna Keeley)
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:46 pm    Post subject: Appearances for Cinemax Reply with quote

Thanks, Chris. I have you on the list.

This is turning into quite a party on November 4th.
Shara Kender ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:33 pm    Post subject: Appearances for Cinemax Reply with quote

Donna,

Did you still need people?  You've left me off the list twice now

I can make it on Saturday, as Barriss Offee, hours: I'm flexible

Jess

Grey Jedi (Donna Keeley)
Active Legion Member

Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:12 pm    Post subject: Appearances for Cinemax Reply with quote

Hi Jess.

I responded to your PM. Did you get it?

I haven't updated the list because I have too many things going on this weekend. I'll do it today. Sorry.

The list is update according to my master sheet. For those going to the Hollywood Call Center, have fun.
Master Jedi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:05 am    Post subject: Appearances for Cinemax Reply with quote

You guys are so lucky.......you get to have multiple events. we only have the one on Nov.7th.

Master Jedi

HIRYU ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:28 pm    Post subject: Appearances for Cinemax Reply with quote

hey donna i will be at FOX HILLS on NOV 2 i didnt see the time so let me know what time to be there . if you need to reach me call me 909 820 9274 or IM me zero_one92376@yahoo.com
Queen Amidala (Mary Alice Ladd)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:18 pm    Post subject: Appearances for Cinemax Reply with quote

Quote: Originally posted by Master Jedi on 29 October 2006

You guys are so lucky.......you get to have multiple events. we only have the one on Nov.7th.

They put so many events in the North East, that we had problems covering all the locations. And just as we called in reinforcements for some of the stuff next week, they changed their mind and said, oh we need less then that for the event.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
HazardThree (Jon Paulson)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:18 pm    Post subject: Appearances for Cinemax Reply with quote

Okay, the Hollywood Cinemax Location thingee was a success! Very Happy

There were four of us there: Alex (TK), Shawn (Obi-wan), myself (pilot) and as a surprise, Grant (Chewbacca). Daphne (dressed as a geisha), our other hosts and wrangler were all excellent and did their best to make sure we had everything we needed.

The gig consisted of all of us prowling the warren of cubicles, "meeting & greeting" all the Call Center folks who were there. We especially liked to hear them explain to the customers what all the weird sounds were in the background. :twisted: Between prowlings we hung out for photos at a centralized location. Everyone seemed to enjoy having us there, although obviously some people got waaaaaay into it. Highlights included Chewie picking up a few ladies, Shawn engaging in a lightsaber duel with a worker while their customer was on hold and even one lady wanting a dance-off with Chewie. As always, not too much love for the Orange - but we pilots are used to it.   I got called Luke, and even Wedge once, and much to my relief, I didn't get called "Porkins" once!

It started exactly on time and we ended a little later than planned, but not too much. They really kept to their timetable. Last bummer of the day came with the parking ticket I found on my car when we came out.   They said they'd look into taking care of it, but word to the wise for the other events --- get parking instructions first!!!!

As we were busy, we only took one pic for ourselves. Here it is:

Good luck to all the other locations!
Grey Jedi (Donna Keeley)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:06 pm    Post subject: Appearances for Cinemax Reply with quote

Quote: Originally posted by Master Jedi on 29 October 2006

Master Jedi

It may look lucky, but coordinating that many events is a lot of work. I wish we had only one call center event, but trying to get people to 3 different ones during the week is proving to be very challenging.
Grey Jedi (Donna Keeley)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:55 pm    Post subject: Appearances for Cinemax Reply with quote

Okay, I've finalized the list and made up a tentative schedule for everyone. Now the schedule is flexible, I just wanted to make sure the heavy costumes (Vader, 3PO) got scheduled rest breaks.

You can see it here: Cinemax Saturday, November 4th Event

Here is what I know so far:

- They could not get a hotel room because of some conference going on but they will have a tent with chairs, table, etc that we can use. This is actually better than walking a block or so to a hotel.

- The parking will be by reimbursement because they could not set up a voucher system with the parking company.

- I will check on the possibility of submitting gas receipts for those coming from far away (like out of our territory) but please don't plan on being reimbursed; if it happens that will be nice, but technically we are supposed to be volunteering our time. Cinemax will be making a charity donation in our name, so we need to think about what charity or charities (we can split it up) we want to make the donation to.

Any other questions/concerns, let me know and I'll do my best to get answers/resoluations before Saturday.
Jedi Loreen (Lori Procopio)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:00 pm    Post subject: Appearances for Cinemax Reply with quote

Hmm, no X-Wing pilots on the list?

I also don't see Gregor's name on it, he's planning on going, but I don't know what costume. I guess he forgot to PM you about it on our other board.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tigerantilles (Gregor Sink)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:21 pm    Post subject: Appearances for Cinemax Reply with quote

I was so planning on going, and I still am.  I think I'll go Jedi, but I can pack the Hazard gear if I need to.  I can also throw in the Imperial Officer garb if I need to switch off. 

Also, I'm getting the van again, who's riding with me?  Thinking leaving my place around 0800.

Me:

http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?addr=22345+Mission+Hills+Lane&csz=Yorba+Linda+Ca+92887&country=us&new=1&name=Echo%20Base&qty=

Who's with me?  I'll promise to try to have better music this time. 

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Grey Jedi (Donna Keeley)
Active Legion Member

Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:21 pm    Post subject: Appearances for Cinemax Reply with quote

I only got a handful of responses to the name, screen name, costume request.

Thanks for reminding me about Gregor; I'll update everything. And I think I forgot Jon too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Sunrider Base -> Sunrider Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: