Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=a59726cc9c03a19baa231c3172e4e845Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

List of good vendors of Royalty/Senatorial Hard Parts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Princess Liz Fett (Liz Welsh)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Celebration Anaheim (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:15 am    Post subject: List of good vendors of Royalty/Senatorial Hard Parts Reply with quote

Hello all!

As a royalty/senatorial costumer, most of the attention tends to go towards fabrics, or the "soft parts" of our costumes. Sometimes it is difficult to make the "hard parts" which may need to be constructed out of plastic, resin etc. Examples of these parts may be blasters, belt pouches, Slave Leia bikini parts, Senate Guard helmets, etc.

So I wanted to post this thread to gain interest for making a list of good notable vendors who make good hard parts for dignitary costumes. Would anyone be interested in a list of good vendors? I won't post the list here until our moderators are ok with it. Keep in mind: if we do compile this list, we need to verify that all the vendors on the list make approvable and accurate parts!
Rebel Legion Costumer of the Year 2013

Last edited by Princess Liz Fett (Liz Welsh) on Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
Daddy Solo ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Website Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my SG lid (Ep III) version from www.sithplanet.com and then modded it myself for Ep I/II. It's not super duper screen accurate, but it's pretty darn close. I know a few other blue guys have a more accurate version from a woman named Amy (?) in England.

my blaster rifle was made by our own wonderful Woodchuck. He's a memeber here and on 501st
Aeryn Everdeen ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be all for a list like this - I've been scouring Ebay and Etsy looking for a screen-accurate Padmé blaster for both my Snowbunny and Malevolence ensembles with no luck. Etsy used to have a couple of sellers, but they don't seem to offer that particular blaster at this time. The only Naboo/Padmé blaster I see on Etsy now looks to me just like a painted version of the cheap Rubies plastic one.

Slightly less difficult is the bracelet for Ceremonial Leia: there's one each up on Etsy and Ebay right now, but one is ridiculously overpriced and the other is, while okay looking, still definitely something I'd want to be certain was officially OK before I shelled out the $50 for it.

-- Aeryn
--> Clone Wars Tan/Burgundy Action Padmé
Flanker (Kir)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:35 am    Post subject: Re: List of good vendors of Royalty/Senatorial Hard Parts Reply with quote

Princess Liz Fett wrote:
I won't post the list here until our moderators are ok with it. Keep in mind: if we do compile this list, we need to verify that all the vendors on the list make approvable and accurate parts!

Maybe it should be made in a pdf available for the COs, so they can share it with the trusted newcomers themselves?

The time for action is now. It's never too late to do something. © Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: