About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=bd0d9d160f658f5ed9d75b055ae17079Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Hello Canadian Base

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Canadian Base -> Canadian Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Primrodo (Justin Monk)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:49 am    Post subject: Hello Canadian Base Reply with quote

Friends, Countrymen, Canadians, lend me your ears!

I'd like to first thank everyone who voted, for me or otherwise. It was nice seeing Canadian members posting again!

I am not going to post ay grand promises, any long term action plans for this base or large promises. My only goal is to try an increase activity on the forum, or at the very least within the groups members.

I know our Quebec friends have alternate sources of Star Wars expression, and this keeps them quite busy.

The Rebel Legion will be getting a cosmetic facelift soon, and that should make for a great leaping point for us.

For those that are unfamiliar with me, I thought it might be a good idea to share a little. Smile

Right now I am in Trenton Ontario, living with my mother-in-law and helping her ouit with her foster children, who can be a handful, but also very rewarding. I am a Graphic Designer, working freelance for now and part time working in a local school aiding a 4 year old with Cerebral Palsy.

I have been a Star Wars fan since I was a boy, but it really blossomed after The Phantom Menace, putting my want to costume as a Jedi. After that, when Attack of the Clones came out, I dressed my first time as a custom Jedi.

Since then I have worked hard on becoming Anakin, setting standards for myself that have bled over, to my surprise.

I fought, alongside other Anakin's to get inducted into the 501st and I am a standing member of the Jedi Assembly.

It has been a wild ride and I look forward to seeing what I can bring to a leadership role here.

Please do not hesitate to bring up suggestions, thoughts and concerns. I have an open ear and have multiple methods of communication, if you need me just get in touch!

Thank you for this oppurtunity!

-Justin Monk
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Thran Baill ()

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:35 pm    Post subject: Hello Canadian Base Reply with quote

Well, I think the biggest boon to our success would be a website for Canadian Members, like a Base Website. Unless you get a lot of exposure to the public via events (which we don't seem to do a lot of which aren't already specialty interest), then a website will be our best tool in which to gain new members. Internet searches for what we do specifically may be at a low right now since new movie releases generate the most interest in things these days. But having a website up and running prior to say...the release of the Star Wars TV show means we'll have a method of advertising and a means to get in touch with us already going.

Are there no other events that we can tag along at besides sci-fi related outings or Comic Conventions? Seems we need to target things that have the average joe attending/watching, to generate interest and show that there are others doing this type of thing. Otherwise it seems that the people at these events are already into costuming of whatever genre, and may not be the best choice in recruits since they're already affiliated, so to speak.

Some increased traffic in the forum would help too...perhaps some other kind of host with faster software? EZ boards seem to be not bad, and similar types of forums work well.

Anyway, that's my 2 wooden nickels worth. Congrats on your election Justin.
Primrodo (Justin Monk)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:55 pm    Post subject: Hello Canadian Base Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply Matt, and sorry for not repling sooner. My conmputer was having issues with the forum, something I look forward to fix be fixed with the new setup!

A Base Website is a good idea, and www.rebellegion.ca is an availiable domain name.

I don't think we need to worry about our own forums, provided that the Rebel Legion gets a good handle on the current ones/new ones.

Coventions and Events are the best way to get exposure, and working alongside teh 501st will be a great way to get a more varied costume group and more poeple who are interested in coming out will Smile

Thanks for the Suggestions Matt and feel free to suggest all you like.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sister Sola ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:06 pm    Post subject: Hello Canadian Base Reply with quote

Congratulations Justin!
Marianne Solav (Marie-Claude Dion)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 2:34 am    Post subject: Hello Canadian Base Reply with quote

Congratulations!
malarat (Randy Ko)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:59 pm    Post subject: Hello Canadian Base Reply with quote

Congratulations.  As well a request. 

I would like permission to start another run of Canadian Rebel Legion patches.  The first 100 have been distributed, and there have been requests on the merchandise forum for a second run.

In addition I am considering a coin run for the Canadian Garrison 501st.  Depending on what the concensus is.  It would be interesting to have Canadian G on one side CDN RL on the other.  Your thoughts?

Randy

Primrodo (Justin Monk)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:09 pm    Post subject: Hello Canadian Base Reply with quote

Thanks Randy Smile

Feel free to start another run of patches, the first run was great, and you can change it up a bit if you desire.

As for the coins, that could be a good idea, and I would definately check with Roy and see what he thinks.

Are you thinking just the main logos on either side?
malarat (Randy Ko)
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:03 pm    Post subject: Hello Canadian Base Reply with quote

I'll place an order for some more patches within the week.

I'll start a coin interest thread to answer your questions and gain the interest level of the Base.

Randy

Yan Solo ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:51 pm    Post subject: Hello Canadian Base Reply with quote

I'd be IN for some patch... I was part of those on the marchandize forums asking about them...

Please stay in touch.

Ky-Wan Zann ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:21 am    Post subject: Hello Canadian Base Reply with quote

Congratulations Justin.  Looking forward to seeing what you can do

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DocBev (Nicky Blum)

Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:29 pm    Post subject: Hello Canadian Base Reply with quote

Congratulations Justin!
Moff_D ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:48 pm    Post subject: Hello Canadian Base Reply with quote

Yes, congrats from the transplanted Canadian (we worked COSI together-Kim's husband if you recall).
Primrodo (Justin Monk)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:57 am    Post subject: Hello Canadian Base Reply with quote

Thanks guys!

And yes Kieron I remember you Smile Hope things are well with you and Kim Smile
oki ()
Japan Base XO
Japan Base XO

Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:55 am    Post subject: Hello Canadian Base Reply with quote

Congratulations for you and canadian base!  from japan outpost.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Canadian Base -> Canadian Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: