Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=b3ff360465327faf2db398456fc839fcMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

INTEREST CHECK: Fan made Yukata

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases Asia/Pacific -> Cathar Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
domz ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:31 am    Post subject: INTEREST CHECK: Fan made Yukata Reply with quote

From the Japanese 501st CO, main Legion post at http://www.501st.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=84669

You might wanna ask him if he has posted in this forum, I don't really see it.

Two wrote:
[size=150]Fellow 501st members,[/size]

I'm happy to introduce our new fan made product "YUKATA - Summer style Kimono wear."
I'd like to estimate your interests. Please leave the following info on this topic by February 22nd.
(1) Size or your measurement
(2) Type of design (Imperial or Rebel) ,
(3) Type of shape by gender (Mens or Ladies),
(4) Quantity, and
(5) Optional order (Obi belt) if you would like to take it.

(Example 1)
I'd take 2 Yutaka,
L, Imperial, Men (x1)
M, Rebel, Women (x1)
with 2 Obi (Green and Red)

(Example 2)
I'd take 2 Yutaka,
Imperial, Men (x1), (Height: XXXcm, Length Arm: XXXcm, Diameter hip: XXXcm, largest diameter: XXXcm)
Rebel, Women (x1), (Height: XXXcm, Length Arm: XXXcm, Diameter hip: XXXcm, largest diameter: XXXcm)
with No Obi

-------------------------------
[size=150]●What's YUKATA?[/size]
Yukata is casual Kimono usually worn in Summer, made of cotton or synthetic fabric.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yukata

[size=150]●Design[/size]
Please see the attached pictures, there are 2 types of textile.

鍬 (Kuwa:Hoe)+輪(Wa:Circle)+れ(Re:No meaning) = Kuwaware = Join Us! (the way of saying like bossy message)
鍬 (Kuwa:Hoe)+輪(Wa:Circle)+ろう(Rou:Wax) = Kuwawarou = Come and Join Us! (the way of saying like colleague message)
Those textiles are parody designs based on a famous traditional pattern called '鎌輪ぬ (Kamawanu).' The pattern came into fashion in the middle of the Edo era (around 300 years ago), a famous Kabuki actor 7th Danjuro Ichikawa wore it sometimes.
The three characters 鎌(Kama:Sickle)+輪(Wa:Circle)+ぬ(Nu:No meaning) make another meaning, it's かまわぬ(It has multiple meanings like 'I don't mind it.' / 'Never mind.' / 'It's up to you.' / 'Go for it!'), it's very rich in wit.

[size=150]●Size[/size]
Sorry for inconvenience, defined sizes are only S to LL. Please be aware that the sizes are based on Japanese standard sizes.
If your size will be considered more larger, let us know your measurement by centimeter.
1. Height
2. Length Arm
3. Diameter hip
[size=115]4. (Important) A measurement of a part having most largest diameter, e.g. Chest or Waist[/size]
About sizing, please see also 'About Sizing' (http://501st.jp/yukata/size.html).

[size=150]●Optional Item[/size]
Obi belt (correct name is 兵児帯 (Heko-Obi) ), sample photo is coming soon!
- Simple belt, easy to tie.
- You can pick one in 3 colors (like picking your own lightsaber color!).

Sample image of Heko-Obi

[size=150]●Expected Price[/size]
If we make 50-100 yukata: 70 USD
If we make over 100 yukata: 60 USD
Obi belt: 30 USD
plus shipping cost

[size=150]●Targets[/size]
501st Legion and Rebel Legion

[size=150]●Deadline of the interest check[/size]
Febuary 22nd 23:59:59 (GMT)

[size=150]●Maximum Lot[/size]
200 Yukata on total interests in the 501st Legion and Rebel Legion)
We may move up the deadline If we receive interests for over 200 yukata.

[size=150]●Expected starting date of pre-order[/size]
The beginning of March

We would give order priority to people joining this interest check.
If you order without joining the check, you might have to wait.

[size=150]●Expected date of shipping[/size]
The beginning of May

[size=150]●Paypal account[/size]
Now preparing. We will inform on this topic.

[size=150]●Background[/size]
This product plan was made by our Honorary Member Mr. Kaz Kawahara (TV director, Book author about movie analysis and culture of Star Wars). He brought a fan made yukata carried Imperial cogs to Celebration VI, and wore it at the venue. He got so many feedbacks like 'Where to buy this one?' and 'I want this if you make a future run!'. The original run was limited for his domestic friends, so he decided to start next run to respond to overseas friends. He made a new team (includes me) and new designs for this run.

[size=150]●Another aim (Supporting some Tsunami stricken areas by the big earthquake in 2011)[/size]
Although this is not our main purpose of the project, please add some donation if you afford to support people suffering by big Tsunami in 2011.
The collected donation will be sent to a Kimono shop 'Hayashiya Gofukuten' who support us on manufacturing, packing, and shipping, and then they will transfer to some organizations working for earthquake disaster reconstruction.
The shop owner Mr.Takatoshi Hayashi lives in Ishinomaki-town, a part of stricken area. And he is a big Star Wars and 501st fan.
Normally, Yukata costs almost twice the price, his big support/contribution makes reasonable price.
Also, the fabric will be made by a vendor in Iwate prefecture, where is the stricken area as well.
If possible, we would like to send some money to the vendor for the same purpose.
-------------------------------

Please feel free to ask any questions to me (Takefumi Tenshima, tk6904@2-1b.com) via email or PM.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases Asia/Pacific -> Cathar Base All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: