Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=a58fe060f5c24429375b9c5a7f11955cMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Trouble finding Jedi boots locally
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Outrider Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CJKatz (Colin Smith)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:27 am    Post subject: Trouble finding Jedi boots locally Reply with quote

Hello Outrider Base!

I've been lurking the Rebel Legion forums off an on for almost a year now, but I'm finally starting to assemble my outfit for approval. I will be making a Generic Jedi costume and already have some components to for a belt/pouches, just need to dye them.

I'm having a lot of trouble however trying to locate suitable boots for my outfit. I've read nearly every thread that I can find on the subject and everything seems to boil down to $300+ real leather riding boots or the Funtasma Captains.

Where did you buy/find the boots that you are currently using? I'm hoping some of you could recommend somewhere in the Edmonton area to find appropriate leather boots, either real or costume. Online would also be useful, though I would much prefer to be able to try the boots on before purchasing.
Ky-Wan Zann ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

Honestly your gonna get what you pay for. I first found my boots which are black at a store in sheerwood park and that's closed now so you'll probably have to find a place online which means ebay or a custom maker and I've had custom boots made for other costumes as well as my current jedi brown boots on order and those are in the 300's. It's somewhat sad because most women's stores sell jedi boots in every shape and size it seems but you might have to try an equestrian shop and then get alocal leather maker to put spats over where the laces go. They do sell rubber black riding boots but they are rubber and not leather. I'm sure this isn't awesome news for you but your probably best finding a jedi like boot that's acceptable on ebay until you can work up to something better, most of us do the same thing
Cobalt-60 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently got a pair of these for generic jedi.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STAR-WARS-Anakin-Skywalker-Jedi-Boots-Prop-Replica-by-Museum-Replicas-Sz-8-/121418191746?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STAR-WARS-Anakin-Skywalker-Jedi-Boots-Prop-Replica-by-Museum-Replicas-Sz-9-/121418191968?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c45169460

they are officially licensed star wars boots from Museum Replicas. original MSRP was $350

are they worth $350? not a chance.

are they worth $129? yeah. I think so. for that price, I'm happy with them.

(unfortunately he only has size 8,9, 12 left -- I bought 10, but they're sold out now -- what size do you need?)

Last edited by Cobalt-60 () on Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Cobalt-60 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Jason, these boots run large. a size 12 might fit you.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STAR-WARS-Anakin-Skywalker-Jedi-Boots-Prop-Replica-by-Museum-Replicas-Sz-12-/121418193045?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c45169895
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jason, it isn't good news, but honestly it is what I was expecting. I find it frustrating seeing the endless parade of women's boots at all price ranges that would be suitable when I can't find a single pair of non cowboy/biker boots in the city at any price.

My biggest issue with the $200+ price is that I don't believe that these boots will get a lot of use. From the state of this board it does not seem like there are many events in the area. Aside from the two Expos and film release days I don't expect to be wearing these boots much. Quality is worth the price, but not to sit in a closet most of the year.

Cobalt, thanks for the links. I am a size 9.5 with most shoes, but worse than that I have wide feet. Given that the size 9 you linked is $140 American and not returnable I'm going to have to pass.

I guess for now I keep trolling Ebay and trust in the Force. :-)
Jedi_Boyer (Michel Boyer)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 2 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try [url]Imperialboots.com[/url] It is a site run by French and a Chinese garrison members and they have been getting rave reviews for all their imperial boots on the 501st boards. They offer custom made Jedi boots too.

"My Loyalties lie with My Legion and the betterment of My legion." Ixam Let'si
Ky-Wan Zann ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That might be a good option too. I had wish I had seen that prior to ordering my current ones however he has done good work for me in the past but I am a little worried about my wait time, they were supposed to be here mid November.

The Jedi robes museum replicas sold might be workable. Sounds like you have a few options here after all for boots.

The boards are not always active but there are events and ep7 is coming along with Calgary and Edmonton expo's so really events occur but they don't happen as often as events in the states
CJKatz (Colin Smith)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Michel, I'll have to read up more about those Imperial boots, they look very nice indeed.

Sorry Jason, a bit confused, were you recommending the Museum Replica Robe or the Galaxy Boots (http://www.museumreplicas.com/p-1985-galaxy-boots.aspx)?

I won't be at the Calgary Expo this year, but I do plan on attending The Edmonton Expo and maybe hit Calgary next year. Perhaps I could make the excuse that there will be a new Star Wars film every year for the foreseeable future to warrant spending so much on boots? Confused
Cobalt-60 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

re: robes.
I think Jason noticed, that same liquidator is also selling the long-discontinued Museum Replicas jedi outer robes.
"last of the last" and all that; once they're gone, they're gone forever. etc, etc.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/STAR-WARS-Jedi-Robe-Prop-Replica-Costume-by-Museum-Replicas-Color-BROWN-/121418634414?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c451d54ae
it looks like a great deal, in 3 colors.. original MSRP was $189.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know anything about www.sovietboots.com? Just noticed these: http://www.sovietboots.com/home/10-officer-chrome-box-calf-riding-leather-boots.html#/size-rus_42_us_9_5_eu_43_uk_8 mentioned in another thread.

The website claims to be a source for 501st members, but as they don't have public forums I can't really verify that.
Cobalt-60 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you could probably get away with women's boots in drag queen sizes Razz
(women's 11-12 would be the same as men's 9-10)

just take a walk through WEm and you'll find dozens upon dozens of knee-high riding boots for women.
for example, my daughter has these from MArk's work wearhouse.
http://www.marks.com/shop/en/marks-marksdefaultsalescatalog/footwear/ladies-casual-boots/rhoda-leather-riding-boots-34651
--> if you could find something similar in a size 11.5 then it would probably fit a 9.5 men's foot.

(?)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CJKatz wrote:
Does anyone know anything about www.sovietboots.com? Just noticed these: http://www.sovietboots.com/home/10-officer-chrome-box-calf-riding-leather-boots.html#/size-rus_42_us_9_5_eu_43_uk_8 mentioned in another thread.

The website claims to be a source for 501st members, but as they don't have public forums I can't really verify that.

the local 501st garrison has a public forum. you could pose your question there.. maybe somebody knows a local boot source?
www.badlands.ca
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've definitely considered women's boots, but finding such a large boot has been a challenge so far, other than some expensive boots at Long Tall Sally.

I have emailed the owner of Imperial Boots to get some clarification on his Knight Boots. After extensive searching I can't find information on his operation other than the quality of his TK boots.

In the meantime I'll keep looking around at my options.
Sidewalker (Shawn Trainor)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first Jedi Boots were just a pair of plain brown boots from Lammle's. No pattern, square toe, went halfway up the calf. Nothing too flashy, but they got the job done.
CJKatz (Colin Smith)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was under the impression that those shorter cowboy/biker Boots weren't an acceptable height for Jedi.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Outrider Base All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: