Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=df7940febe44c54cf3cd22ebf481de8cMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Welcome, Baron Fel!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Bespin Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kryy Jacobi (Karyn W)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 9 (View more...)
Website Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:55 am    Post subject: Welcome, Baron Fel! Reply with quote

From the Empire's finest in the 181st... to the Rebel Alliance and Rogue Squadron....

I am geeking out a bit myself, b/c Baron Fel is one of my favorie EU characters, and I am delighted to officially welcome Ryan to Rebel Legion and Bespin Base. Smile

If you have not already, please go to the RLSC (Rebel Legion Starfighter Command) sign up thread here. [Wait a minute, I see you already have! Great! Smile]

And then come join us in the Lightning Strike Squadron Pilot Lounge.

Welcome! We look forward to trooping with you. Will you be at DragonCon?

Proverbs 3:5-6

Check out our new Facebook Fan Page! https://www.facebook.com/BespinBaseGA
TheWolffeBaron ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Dragon Con 2014 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the welcome!

We hope to make it to Dragon*Con at least one day. Unfortunately it won't be Saturday. Saturday is our god-daughter's 4th birthday party.
Kryy Jacobi (Karyn W)
Active Legion Member

2018 Dragon Con Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you definitely need to keep your priorities. Smile

Sunday might be better if you're only doing one day.... it's REALLY crowded on Saturday; it's only REALLY crowded on Sunday.Wink

Seriously, we hope you and your wife will come by the RL table and say hello.

To sign up for trooping, go here for initial instructions... you already have a login at the GA Garrison. Smile

Are you going to do a 501st version of Baron Fel and/or a 181st TIE? You are "almost there".

TheWolffeBaron ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We were hoping to do Friday or Sunday; or maybe both. We've been several times before, so are very familiar with the outrageous crowds. I was on my University's robot battles team for a couple of years when we battled at Dragon*Con; and my wife did the Bikini Leia photo shoot for a couple of years as well with me acting as her handler. But we just haven't been able to do Saturday for the past couple of years since our god-daughters birthday party is always held Dragon*con Saturday since she was born on labor day weekend a few years ago (how inconvenient of her! lol).

Yes, I will be doing a 501st costume for at least 181st TIE, maybe a full Baron Fel; the helmet for Fel is a bit trickier than just the 181st with the rear canisters and custom mohawk. So I'd have to see what I could do about those two features once I get my hands on a TIE helmet.
Kryy Jacobi (Karyn W)
Active Legion Member

2016 Dragon Con Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My oldest friend's daughter married one year on Dragon-Con weekend and then the next year her son and daughter-in-law had a baby.... she said, "My children have no respect for DragonCon... sigh." Laughing

Yes, sounds like you definitely know your way around. Hope you can come Friday and Sunday. I'll have to work Friday but will be down mid to late afternoon.

We have several members in the GA Garrison with 181st pilots... Alex, David, and Jason. And you probably know to sign up at the 501st's TIE Pilot Detachment, Jolly Roger Squadron. I'm a member there (same screen name) with a TIE Reserve and working to finish my full (traditional) TIE for a September troop.

Bespin Base and the GA Garrison have a lot of mutual members... and not just the dual Legion costumes... and we're happy that you're joining the "family". Smile

Squiggle ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)
2016 Dragon Con Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Ryan! And congrats!
TheWolffeBaron ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We hope that one day her birthday celebrations can be done by going to Dragon*Con Very Happy

That sounds awesome, Karyn. I look forward to meeting my fellow 181st pilots in addition to everyone else. And yes I have an account at JRS, same name but with a space in the middle. Good luck on your TIE!

I'm happy to be joining the family as well. I've been sort of jealous of my wife's official status for a while Wink haha

Thanks for the welcome, Spedmeister.

Can't wait to get my orange flightsuit to apply as Tycho Celchu for my next costume. I have the helmet, chest box, and of course all the shared parts with Fel; only need the flightsuit at this point, so whenever MonCal gets it to me I'll be good to go!
loosetoon (Steve)
Bespin Base CO
Bespin Base CO

Medals: 6 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, Ryan and congrats on your approval.

This makes you Lightning Strike Eight in our Base Pilot Squadron.

Rebel Legion Profile

Kryy Jacobi (Karyn W)
Active Legion Member

Website Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And for those who can't see the Lightning Strike Squadron forum, Ryan has added ORANGE to his wardrobe.

Looking sharp, sir! Smile We look forward to flying with you!

loosetoon wrote:
Congrats to Ryan "Biotic Ninja", Lightning Strike Eight, for having his "Orange" pilot costume accepted as formal!

Introducing, Sifr Phelan, X-Wing Pilot and Tycho Celchu wannabee!

bobafett321 (Nicholas)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your Fel looks great!! Just a thought about your Imperial Cogs, Fel wore the Remnant cog, which has the black and white/grey switched. Im working on a Fel myself (both 501st and Rebel Legion).
TheWolffeBaron ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobafett321 wrote:
Your Fel looks great!! Just a thought about your Imperial Cogs, Fel wore the Remnant cog, which has the black and white/grey switched. Im working on a Fel myself (both 501st and Rebel Legion).

Thanks. Actually depictions of him vary which is used; many depictions, including all the comic covers, have the regular color set up of the cog. Some panels inside the comic have it reversed but not all, so probably just a case of a lazy/forgetful artist not checking.

Good luck on your Fel!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Bespin Base All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: