Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=94f0a6654a84594c3988f7a4eb8d751cMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

new vest material question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> A- Wing Pilots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
G'nott sH'urr (David Campbell)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
2017 Dragon Con Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:21 am    Post subject: new vest material question Reply with quote

A lot has been discussed about the color and texture of the vest--that it is a multi flecked , grey woolen material and fairly rough. that sounds like my old army blanket. I have one of those Polish Army blankets from Sportsmans Guide, and its been covering things in the garage for twenty years. Which lead me back to SportsmansGuide

I found these. What is the consensus feeling on this selection?

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/10-pk-of-disaster-blankets-gray?a=1344297

There is also this offering:
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/4-pk-of-military-style-60x80-wool-blankets-gray?a=713463

As well as this, but i see a faint pattern in the face of the blanket from the way it is woven
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/4-pk-of-60x80-woolen-blankets-gray?a=1699923

Input welcome!
Blue Banshee Leader (Alex Buirch)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The B-wing pilot flak vest has specs of colors in it but I'm not sure about the A-wing pilot flak vest, all I know is that the vest is gray with white fibers. I don't know if it's the same material used for the B-wing pilot flak vest or not, it's hard to tell with the crappy pictures we have access to.

This is what I have for my revised B-wing pilot flak vest (picture below), but honestly, until we get more confirmation, for an A-wing pilot I would just go with a gray material with white fibers and no other colors. But if you want to use the material with other colors in it instead go for it, it wouldn't be rejected.

B-wing Pilot - Jedi

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Wolfgar ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

Star Wars Reads Day 2014 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive seen photos of awing vests from the archives and they do have colored specs in them! So using a similar material to the one above woukd be accurate.
G'nott sH'urr (David Campbell)
Active Legion Member

2017 Dragon Con Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, i may grab that disaster relief blanket, ive seen it, or similar, on other sites with other pictures, and it appears to have leftover fibers woven into it.
Ill also be on close watch for grey with white fibres for the group build.

Thanks again!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> A- Wing Pilots All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: