About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=dea7ada3ba34d7f2263cb0074b347363Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

IL: Peds in the Weeds-August 13, 2006-Date Change!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Great Lakes Base -> Great Lakes Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Schph Gochi (Phyllis Schulte)
Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

Medals: 11 (View more...)
Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 2)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:18 am    Post subject: IL: Peds in the Weeds-August 13, 2006-Date Change! Reply with quote

Hi all....

Last year I costumed an event in the northern suburbs of Chicago called "Peds in the Weeds". It is a pic nic for pediatric Cancer patients of Lutheran General Hospital.

Below is some information from one of our Midwest Garrison members who is the organizer of our appearance there.

NOTE......THERE HAS BEEN A DATE CHANGE!!__________________________________________________________________________

"I was just informed that this event is going to be on Sunday August 13th this year. This event kicked off at 11:00 am or noon last year.
Many of you that participated last year know this event is sponsored by Lutheran General Hospital. This event is for Children that are suffering from Cancer and for survivors. My cousin Joey was 14 years old when they found that he had cancer on his spinal cord. Joey is a survivor. He is now in his twenties and a Student at UIC. Every year my family volunteers at this event by donating the large white tents that are set up by them for this large event.
I am asking again for anyone that wants to dress up for this event with me. All food and beverage are provided with a tent that my family has set aside for them and the 501ST Midwest Garrison volunteers.
We will only be needed for a few hours to play and take pictures with the kids. After that we could change and enjoy the rest of the event! My uncle Manuel already said that the kegs and food will be ready to go!
There are carnival games set up, a train ride and a DJ. This takes place in a Forest Preserve on the far North Side in Skokie just off of 290 at Dempster. This is only a short distance from Rosemont where the Wizard World will be taking place that same weekend!!
Again this is a large event and everything to include food, beverage and gifts for the kids and their families are all donated.
I am going to donate several hundred dollars in the name of the 501ST Legion Midwest Garrison to the foundation for this event.
So who wants to do the Electric Slide with me and the kids in our Imperial and Jedi outfits? Anyone? Directions to follow when this event "

If anyone is interested....please post your availability....

joe7049 ()
Archived Member Profile

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 5:17 am    Post subject: IL: Peds in the Weeds-August 13, 2006-Date Change! Reply with quote

Just where is this i relation to chicago? I would like to do this one. My Anakin outfit wants to be used again.

Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 2)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:30 am    Post subject: IL: Peds in the Weeds-August 13, 2006-Date Change! Reply with quote

It is up near Skokie.....at one of the Forest Preserves.....I am sure that it will probably be at the same one....I will have to go back to last years thread and see exactly which Forest Preserve it was....

There will be more info up-coming....at this point...the post is a "save the date"...

joe7049 ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 12:37 pm    Post subject: IL: Peds in the Weeds-August 13, 2006-Date Change! Reply with quote

cool i'll keep an eyee on this board
Whinter Fenlynn (Cheryl Whitaker)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:16 pm    Post subject: IL: Peds in the Weeds-August 13, 2006-Date Change! Reply with quote

Please count me in for this event.   I had missed out on it last year. 

iceburgh ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 9:24 pm    Post subject: IL: Peds in the Weeds-August 13, 2006-Date Change! Reply with quote

Hey all-

Yes it is I... I was planning on going as Ani, as I mentioned on the 501st boards but not sure if Joe7049, still checks the boards over there. I'm pretty flexible,  the joy of having 2 costumes... Smile

joe7049 ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 4:13 am    Post subject: IL: Peds in the Weeds-August 13, 2006-Date Change! Reply with quote

If you really want Ani, then you can have him. Still workin on my 501st costume.
Hawk-Bat ()

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:12 am    Post subject: IL: Peds in the Weeds-August 13, 2006-Date Change! Reply with quote

If you need directions around skokie let me know i live here. If it is off of dempster you either take 94 or 294

but there are a few others in the area too.
Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

Gold Star (Amount: 2)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:37 pm    Post subject: IL: Peds in the Weeds-August 13, 2006-Date Change! Reply with quote

unsticking...

Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:18 am    Post subject: IL: Peds in the Weeds-August 13, 2006-Date Change! Reply with quote

Note....there has been a date change to August 13!

joe7049 ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:41 pm    Post subject: IL: Peds in the Weeds-August 13, 2006-Date Change! Reply with quote

That stinks, guess I can't do this one then....
Whinter Fenlynn (Cheryl Whitaker)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:22 pm    Post subject: IL: Peds in the Weeds-August 13, 2006-Date Change! Reply with quote

You can still count me in.  The date change is fine with me.

Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

Gold Star (Amount: 2)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:21 am    Post subject: IL: Peds in the Weeds-August 13, 2006-Date Change! Reply with quote

Just double checking...

Joe...you had to cancel due to the date change ....

correct?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Great Lakes Base -> Great Lakes Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: