Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=d821e3b291ca6ee8715465389a7cc852Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

INTROCalled in at comic con last Saturday and want to say hi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Australia -> Tatooine Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vagin Sillk-Maac (Gavin MacAskill)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:12 am    Post subject: INTROCalled in at comic con last Saturday and want to say hi Reply with quote

Hi, I met a few members last Saturday at comic con and have an application in to register my jedi costume, hope to hear back soon.

My real name is Gavin MacAskill ,Vagin Sillk-Maac is an anagram of my name but I have noted a lot of Star Wars names have the double letters (Plo Koon, Asajj Ventress,Count Dooku,Saesee Tiin,Shaak Ti and the kicker Barriss Offee) so based the name around the double L and double A.

My Star Wars story is like a lot of yours I guess at least those of you around my age , I was born in 1973 and was only 4 when my uncle Bob took me to see Star Wars at the movies , he also took me to see Empire , my mum took me to see Jedi.
Like most people I remember very little from my childhood but those moments have stuck with me.
As a child I would save my pocket money for Star Wars toys and everyone knew what I wanted for Xmas and birthdays.
Now that I'm older not much has changed, I'm still saving my money for Star Wars "Toys" and everyone still knows what I want for Xmas and birthdays.

I'm happily married with 2 children and 4 grandchildren aged 6,4,3 and 2, all of them Star Wars fans, thanks to poppy, I can't wait to take them to see episode 7.

[/b]
Hopfot (Scott)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

G'Day Gavin and welcome to TB. You'll find we have a more active forum here away from the main Rebel legion forums. http://tatooinebase.com.au/forum/

You're free to post here, it gets looked at on occasion, but the forum in the link gets more traffic. Wink Good luck with your submission. Would love to see some pics. Wink
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that, I've reported over there , here's a link to my photobucket pix
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e35/gavinmac1973/ipadbackup036_zpscbe835da.jpg
Hopfot (Scott)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw that one pic. Personally I think it's a shoe in. Looks fantastic. Wink
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But we'll wait and see what the judges say.
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)
2013 Christmas Toys for Tots Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Vagin I was one of the Jedi who you met on the weekend, great to see you have made it along a submitted your costume Cool The only delay in your approval may be that its election time and depending and there is usually a 2 week hold on approvals before the election but you may just miss that. And like you and many others I'm really keen to seen how Ep VII turns out.
RebelRach15 ()
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Celebration Anaheim (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Gavin
Glad you made your way to the main boards and the Tatooine Base forum.
Great to have met you and your family and looking forward to trooping with you soon!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Australia -> Tatooine Base All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: