About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=74786dcfbbd393056659feaa7a8235c7Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Post Comic-Con Thread

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Sunrider Base -> Sunrider Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grey Jedi (Donna Keeley)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:00 pm    Post subject: Post Comic-Con Thread Reply with quote

REBELS ROCK!!!!!!

We kicked booty at the con this year and our "covert" mission to disrupt the 501st picture didn't go exactly as planned but it worked.

We had 29 people show up for the breakfast on Friday, I have applications from 16 new recruits, and our booth looked great (pictures coming soon).

The 501st guys had some very positive comments about our RFT squad and together the costumed clubs helped out at a lot of the con events like the Fan Film Awards and the Star Wars Spectacular.

I can't thank the following members enough for all their help, but I'll try:

-Jedidad (Brian) for his tireless efforts to get us our blasters and make our banner and table sign despite the fact that he could only attend one day.

-Jedi Loreen (Lori) for work on the holsters and belts which really made our outfits stand out.

-Zhi-Don (Don) for being the "back-up memory" of this brain dead commander who would have forgotten her own head if it wasn't attached.

-Aaron Wan Kenobi (Aaron) for helping with set up/tear down every day, hauling stuff from the car, sitting the booth, watching my kids for a bit on Sunday (hardest job of all), and just being there.

-Alpha Squad for showing up in the blistering heat so we could shoot foam disks at the 501st. You guys made me proud and we really impressed LucasFilm.
Miana (Rachel Williams)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:19 pm    Post subject: Post Comic-Con Thread Reply with quote

Sorry I couldn't help out more.  I was having my own fun drama down at the Fanforce table. 
HazardThree (Jon Paulson)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:28 pm    Post subject: Post Comic-Con Thread Reply with quote

Had a great time at my first con (even if it was only for a day) and putting a lot of faces to names finally! Thanks to everyone for making me feel welcome and letting store my bag at the table. Hope the freebee squadron stickers (regular and mini) were well recieved by the general public.

Okay and everyone was right… one day was not enough time to see the floor, let alone everything else. I'm sure I missed a lot of cool stuff.
Master--Kenobi (Kim Leigh)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:38 pm    Post subject: Post Comic-Con Thread Reply with quote

Already Posted this on the Projects Board..but wanted to repost here.

Commander..YOU ROCK!!! As does the rest of Sunrider Base!!!! *CHEERS*

(I'm posting for the both of us...Jos is watching over my shoulder")

Thanks again for just being the greatest group of people in the galaxy. *HUGS TO ALL OF YOU!!* The RL Breakfast was so much fun,the food was great, and can't believe we are FINALLY in a RL Photo!!! *YEA!!* (and yes, the one of Master QG, Kenobi and Anakin WILL be sent to Mary Franklin LOL) Also, getting to work the Fan Film Awards and the Steve Sansweet Spectacular. Just a blast! Very Happy (Oh Yes, Commander...Siri and I also went undercover at the 501st Dinner, infiltration went well and we discovered that Rebels need to learn more about the wonders of "The Samba Grill" Wink )

Even though we only worked the booth for two days...just a huge special thanks to everyone for supporting us in our own covert masquerade operation. Laughing

For those that didn't know..on Saturday, Siri-Tachi had the HUGE task of using her supreme makeup talents to turn a Jedi Master into a Pirate Ship's Captain. Since this was the very first time this undercover operation was attempted...our commander was generous enough to allow us all of Sat off to start the proceedings... (Which went great..our PotC: Dead Man's Chest, the entire movie in 2 min and 37 sec took BEST PRESENTATION at the masquerade! ). Also, for allowing us to just crash Sunday morning as a result of us being totally exhausted from Saturday's operation. Embarassed Thanks again for understanding how much this meant to us.

But, more importantly. (And this is serious). THANK YOU ALL for your support regarding our on-going stalkers. After arriving to find that once again we had a room cancelled out from underneath us, (this time pretending to be me at 1:30 am that morning) and spending most of Thursday morning on the phone with SAG Legal Department (regarding Rebecca Shaffer Stalking Laws) filing a report with them, then our local and San Diego PD's also filing police reports..we just want to thank all of you for watching our backs. We had tried to take care of this ourselves since it started over a year ago, but now we were told it was time to take it more seriously. In fact a special thanks to the Omni Hotel, when we talked with the person who took the cancellation...(she gave us word for word what was said for the reports).. they told us that the hotel takes this very seriously, and immediately put us under an alias and even had security watch over our room. *sigh*

While we are not sure of the possibilites of how far these people will continue to go, your support (as well as that of the 501st) went far to show us how much we are truly cared about. In other words, the support from you all allowed us the opportunity to just relax, have the time of our lives and thoroughly enjoy the convention and, more importantly, getting to be with the people we care about so much. *hugs* We both can't express how very proud we are to be members of Sunrider Base. But even more, how much we truly love all of you. Very Happy

Thanks Again..

Transmission Out:

Kenobi and Siri

(Oh yeah, Lori..feel free to edit and correct as need be! LOL)

JediG60racer (Brendan Prout)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:43 am    Post subject: Post Comic-Con Thread Reply with quote

I was especially impressed, given the amount of dual memberships, that the 501st raid was kept a secret up until the moment! Smile Very nice. I forgot all about it until you showed up! Fortunately, I didn't get blasted in the crossfire, as you were shooting at the 501st and I was in my TK armor down there. Whew!
Grey Jedi (Donna Keeley)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:59 pm    Post subject: Post Comic-Con Thread Reply with quote

Our "blasters" kind of wimped out on us despite the fact we were shooting downhill. LOL.

Yes, I'm proud of the SDSWS members I told this to who are also 501st. But I think you guys were so miserable standing in the hot sun that, like you said, you forgot about it.

Welcome to walking both sides of the fence, Brendan.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Sunrider Base -> Sunrider Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: