Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=3cec7d952421ee8a8d68d32f60cf4740Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Assistance

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Central Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lostinnin ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:41 pm    Post subject: Assistance Reply with quote

I'm looking for some assistance in putting a Generic Jedi costume together, pretty much from scratch. I've been running around for the fun of it in an Obi Wan costume for a few years (Halloween, some conventions, my wedding), which isn't up to Rebel Legion standards, but I am told is close, and parts would be just fine (boots, belt... although I need pouches and such).
Anyway, I'd like to find someone who can do the actual sewing of a Rebel Legion quality costume tailored to me. The costume I have was purchased online, and there are several things I just don't like about it, plus it shrinks a little every time I need to wash it.
I live on the Nebraska/Kansas border roughly an hour and a half from either Lincoln or Omaha. 2 Hours from Topeka, or 2.5 hours from Kansas City.
I just don't know anyone who can sew well, since my mother passed from a brain cancer (which is part of my motivation in wanting to join the Rebel Legion. She would have come right along for the ride).
Once I get the actual costume together, I'll be wondering the best place to get a good lightsaber, as well. I've read good and bad about everything I have looked at.
Any assistance I could get would be greatly appreciated.
RavenApprentice (Angel Martinez)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 17 (View more...)
Dragon Con Planning Team Volunteer (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Johnny!

Can you post some photos of the costume parts you have at the moment?

May the Force he with you Ben

Former: LCO | LCJ | KJO DXO | WH DXO | PRBase CO
lostinnin ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not very computer savvy. That is what my wife is for. haha
I might be able to figure out how to post a link to my wedding album on facebook. I obviously would be the Jedi getting married.
https://www.facebook.com/johnny.eppich/media_set?set=a.686644754693827.1073741829.100000449260940&type=3

If that doesn't work, or help, maybe I can take some pictures and get my wife to help me get them on here. I honestly believe that the only parts which would work would be the boots and belt. Pants. I have had some issues with the outer small belt with sagging, which I haven't quite figured out how to stay where I set it, yet.

The people I talked to at Planet Comicon this past year said I just need the belt pouches and a real lightsaber (I have just run around with my son's plastic walmart sabers). As I said before, though, I don't like the inner or outer tunics, and I don't believe that they meet standards, and if they do, they shouldn't. I actually intend to turn what I have now into a zombie jedi costume, once I have a better one, now that I have at least a little better idea of what I am looking for.

My e-mail is lostinnin@yahoo.com. I might be better able to work from there. This BBCode thing confuses me.

Thanks for the response.
dawmer299 (Jeff Schipman)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
2013 Christmas Toys for Tots Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Johnny, I think I was actually one of the people you talked with at Planet Comic Con. I'm in Omaha and can help find the resources you need. Shoot me an email at starwarsjeff (at) live dot com and we can see what we can come up with.

Also sent you an email with this message.
R2 Builder: R2-TDu
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Central Base All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: