About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=93607458856312a8ed57087ae9adf197Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

IL-Brookfield Zoo-Zoo Stars- 8-20-06

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Great Lakes Base -> Great Lakes Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Schph Gochi (Phyllis Schulte)
Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

Medals: 11 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 2)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:32 am    Post subject: IL-Brookfield Zoo-Zoo Stars- 8-20-06 Reply with quote

Brookfield Zoo in Brookfield IL has contacted me regarding Star Wars costumes in their "Zoo Stars" Parade on August 20, 2006.  Initially, they asked for only Stormtroopers and Darth Vader....but I asked them to consider a wider range of costumes.....so ...I ran the following past Ken at the Zoo.....

I will be taking the names of all interested parties...capturing their photos from their costume groups....and submitting said photos to Ken after July 1....he can then review and choose what he would like to use.  Sometimes individuals do not know the different array of costumes that are available.

Date:  August 20, 2006

Time:  Around 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM

Deadline:  July 1, 2006

So....let me know if you are interested

Whinter Fenlynn (Cheryl Whitaker)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:32 pm    Post subject: IL-Brookfield Zoo-Zoo Stars- 8-20-06 Reply with quote

Please count me in.  Sounds like fun!! 
Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 2)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:22 pm    Post subject: IL-Brookfield Zoo-Zoo Stars- 8-20-06 Reply with quote

We have a good group started already...

So far we have:

Darth Gloat - Vader
Chris - Biker Scout or Anakin
Duffy - Stormtrooper
Lisa - Stormtrooper
Chris - Sandtrooper
Jerry - Tusken or Stormtrooper
Rich - Stormtrooper or Tie Fighter Pilot
Conor - Luke - ROTJ
Kevin - Boba Fett
Kathy - Stormtrooper or Imperial Officer
Vince - Tarkin
Quincy - Jedi? Banner?
Mark Franklin - Malikili - Rancor Keeper
Cheryl - Jedi
Erik - Stormtrooper
Mrs. Erik (lol...need a name)...Padme' or Mara Jade
Deidra - Celebration Leia
Lionel - Ben Kenobi
Emma - Clonetrooper
Amy - Biker Scout
Fitz - Stormtrooper
Bob - Sandtrooper
Dan - Stormtrooper
Possible: Tom Jozwiak and R2-D2
Schph...however...whatever...

It will be interesting to see who the Zoo picks!

I hope they take everyone....I know first hand how crummy it feels when your costume is "not needed"    Sad

Janqui ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:39 am    Post subject: IL-Brookfield Zoo-Zoo Stars- 8-20-06 Reply with quote

Do we have an idea what time the parade is? I kind of need to know before I can commit to it.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:13 am    Post subject: IL-Brookfield Zoo-Zoo Stars- 8-20-06 Reply with quote

Please see first post....

Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

Hurricane Sandy Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:35 am    Post subject: IL-Brookfield Zoo-Zoo Stars- 8-20-06 Reply with quote

The list continues to grow....

god....I hope they decide to use everyone!

Whinter Fenlynn (Cheryl Whitaker)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:12 pm    Post subject: IL-Brookfield Zoo-Zoo Stars- 8-20-06 Reply with quote

Me too.  This would be so much fun. 
Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:02 am    Post subject: IL-Brookfield Zoo-Zoo Stars- 8-20-06 Reply with quote

I will be finishing up the PDF Photo document for this event in a couple of days...

If anyone else is up for this event...speak now....we are just about at our 50 costume limit....and I have to get the PDF photo document to the Zoo shortly...

Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:39 pm    Post subject: IL-Brookfield Zoo-Zoo Stars- 8-20-06 Reply with quote

Well....we ended up with 48 people for this event...

Event locked at current participation...

PDF of costumes sent to Brookfield Zoo....now we wait...

Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:15 am    Post subject: IL-Brookfield Zoo-Zoo Stars- 8-20-06 Reply with quote

WE ARE A GO......

We are ALL a go!

Zoo Stars Parade -
August 20, 2006
Brookfield Zoo - Brookfield IL

Important Stuff!!!!!!!

Ken has said that the costumed participant will get free admission and free parking (which alone is $10.00 just for the parking)...BUT if you have other family members that wish to join you, they would have to purchase a ticket.

Here is a paste of the e-mail I received last night from Ken:

We looked over all the costumes and they are all fantastic. All of the (adult and children) costumes will be OK in the zoo. We do ask that all the guns and lightsabers do not make any noise as not to scare any animals or guests. For the individuals that have multiple costumes we have chosen:

You as a Stormtrooper

Kathy van Beuningen as a Imperial Officer

Jerry Budde as a Tusken Raider

Chris Schwarz as Anakin Skywalker

Richard Markle as a Tie Fighter Pilot

Jim Tampa as a Tie Fighter Pilot

Luke Zintak as Luke Skywalker

Gina Martino as Padme Amidala

Tom Schaeffer as a Royal Guard

Brookfield Zoo is located at First Avenue between Ogden Avenue and 31st Street in Brookfield, Illinois, just 14 miles west of downtown Chicago or about 4 miles east of the Tri-State (I-294) expressway. Take the First Avenue exit north from the Stevenson expressway (I-55) or south from the Eisenhower (I-290) expressway. On First Avenue follow the signs to the South Service Gate, turning west on Ridgewood.

I will add all the names to the South Gate list. Everyone should arrive at the South Service Gate and follow the signs to the Discovery Center parking lot. I will reserve some classrooms in the Discovery Center for costume changes. The parade starts lining up at 12:45 and steps off at 1:00 p.m. sharp. After the parade, all the characters must get out of costume. They can put their costumes in their cars and spend the rest of the day at the zoo, if they wish. The zoo is open until 7:30 p.m. on Sundays. Look forward to seeing all of you on August 20th.

Thanks, KenG

With the above in mind....
Here is a link to the Zoo Map...
http://www.brookfieldzoo.org/0.asp?nSection=2&nLinkID=2&sHTTPLink=htm/fix/aande.asp

You will need to use the South Gate/Entrance, park, and then proceed to the Discovery Center.....I will have to ask if we can drive to the Discovery Center as there is a separate parking lot connected to the Discovery Center .....that will make life a lot easier not to have to haul everything on foot....and I can bring a couple of coolers filled with ice water. There will be classrooms in the Discovery Center for changing....I have been to this area before...there are washrooms in the Discovery Center for that last minute "deposit".

I would ask that everyone arrive as early as needed to be suited up and ready to roll at 12:15 PM....we can then take some group photos in front of the Discovery Center (The general public will not be able to see us back there) and then arrange ourselves in a marching order that makes the most impact ....we will head out for the North Mall for the start of the Parade at 12:45 PM SHARP.......the Parade begins at 1:00 PM. The parade goes from the North Mall to the East Mall....after the end of the parade...which lasts about 1/2 hour.....we will be on hand for photo ops with anyone that cares to have photos....and then we proceed back to the Discovery Center...out of our costumes...costumes will then be packed up and put in your vehicles so that the Discovery Center can be closed and locked....you are then free to enjoy the Zoo for the remainder of the day.

Blasters are ok....if your blaster "fires"...please refrain from firing them...there was some concern for noise...

Jedi....use your prop sabers if you have them......if you only have an FX...it would be ok to bring that......they don't make that much noise....

Final selection of costumes for people with more than one costume was done by the folks at the Zoo...I have edited the list of costumes to reflect what the Zoo chose...

Darth Gloat - Vader
Chris S.-Anakin Skywalker
Katlyn - AOTC Juvenile Clone
Duffy - Stormtrooper
Lisa - Stormtrooper
Chris R.- Sandtrooper
Jerry - Tusken Raider
Rich M -Tie Fighter Pilot
Conor - Luke - ROTJ
Kevin - Boba Fett
Kathy - Imperial Officer
Vince - Tarkin
Quincy - A New Hope Leia
Mark Franklin - Malikili - Rancor Keeper
Cheryl - Jedi
Hayley - Mini Leia
Erik - Stormtrooper
Kate - Padme' or Mara Jade
Deidra - Padme's Parade Gown
Lionel - Ben Kenobi
Emma - Clonetrooper
Aimee - Biker Scout
Fitz - Stormtrooper
Bob - Sandtrooper
Harley - Juvenile Clone
Raven - Juvenile Clone
Mary - Support
Dan - Stormtrooper
Kathleen M- Tie Fighter Pilot
Joseph - Tie Fighter Pilot
Alex - Inter-galactic Smuggler/Mara Jade
Gina - Padme - from Clone Wars Cartoon
Tom - Royal Guard
Jeremy Wilcox - Stormtrooper
Nikki Wilcox - support
Jody - Stormtrooper
Collin - Jawa
Luke Z - Luke Skywalker
Damian - Snowtrooper
Jim T - Tie Fighter Pilot
Jessi T - Tie Fighter Pilot
Katie T - AOTC Juvenile Clone
Ed - Stormtrooper
Tom Jozwiak - with R2 D2
*edited by 585 pm sent
Pat - Jedi
Dave F. - Stormtrooper
Schph - whatever

Pending:
Arturo - Jango Fett
Michelle....costume?

It goes without saying that there are always last minute additions and corrections...as you can see above, there was a deletion already...and a request to be included after the final list and photos were sent.....

I will be asking Ken if I can make a few last minute changes....and to keep things a little simpler...I will only do that once...and will ask if I can send him any changes around a week before the event....

I also would like to thank all of you who have signed up for this....this many costumes...all in one place will have a huge impact...and I can't wait for this opportunity to Troop the Zoo....and to get together with this many of us all at once...
Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:53 am    Post subject: IL-Brookfield Zoo-Zoo Stars- 8-20-06 Reply with quote

We had a couple people drop out....so if we have any additional rebels that would like to do this...

please.....let me know!

Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

Celebration Europe 2 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:22 am    Post subject: IL-Brookfield Zoo-Zoo Stars- 8-20-06 Reply with quote

If there are any others who would like to costume this event...I need to know by Sunday night.

Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

Droid Wranglers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:57 pm    Post subject: IL-Brookfield Zoo-Zoo Stars- 8-20-06 Reply with quote

This event turned out AWESOME!

50 costumes were in attendance...

photo links and coverage here:

http://phpnuke.midwestbase.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=65

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Great Lakes Base -> Great Lakes Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: