Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=411411878e533ee5f4f1cf66d073e279Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Chancellor Palpatine Senate Costume, Rebel Legion Approvable

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShVagYeR (Michal Szymanski)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:06 pm    Post subject: Chancellor Palpatine Senate Costume, Rebel Legion Approvable Reply with quote

***EDIT***

This topic stemed from an unrelated post in Rebel Briefing. The portion of the other topic that dealt with the nature of the Chancellor Palpatine, Episode III, Senate costume was moved here for discussion.

-thank you,
Roger "SithariRog" Allen
LMO

I agree with Roger on the subject of Han and Luke, but...

JediDWH wrote:
I know this debate has been had in the past, and I don't really have a horse in the race of whether they should be allowed or not, but really? Dissolving-the-Republic Palpatine is a Rebel costume? Really?

I mean, I love the senatorial garb from the prequels, but I feel like that one doesn't really belong in this club...

I couldn't have said it better myself. Palpatine after the transformation is clearly a bad guy who doesn't even try to act like a good guy anymore. That costume in the RL makes no sense at all.

RL member 2007-2012, 2014-
Rebel Fleet Trooper
Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment
Eagle Outpost/Eagle Base co-founder
EeanLedgor ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 8 (View more...)
Dragon Con 2014 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, the Chancellor Palpatine (Episode III, Senate Chamber) costume, where he has made his transformation and is obviously evil, should not be a Rebel Legion costume.

http://www.rebellegion.com/chancellor-palpatine-episode-iii-revenge-of-the-sith-chancellors-office/

Perhaps some argue that the majority of the Senate doesn't know he's evil. His impassioned speech offers that the Jedi are the evil in the Republic.

Regardless, this is a discussion for the Royalty/Senatorial forums and the Rebel Legion Galactic Senate. If this subject continues, I will split the topic and move it there.

Thank you.
Shivannd (Joel Webne)
Freedom Base XO
Freedom Base XO

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please do split it then.

I have to agree with Lisa and Michael. There is NO way that even though the Republic did not know that Palpatine was Darth Sidious that that costume should be allowed as a REBEL LEGION costume. At that point in time he was already disfigured by Mace Windu and had already converted Anakin to DARTH VADER. He had also already given the order for ORDER 66 as well which he is announcing that the Jedi are an enemy and that he is consolidating into the First Galactic Empire.

I think that this should be re-looked at as a costume that should be removed from the standards and only that as a NON disfigured Palpatine PRIOR to Order 66 should be allowed.
That image that is used on the site is POST ORDER 66 when he is revealed to Mace and the other Jedi.
In fact, ANY Palpatine, costume shown after he has spoken to Anakin about being the SITH LORD should NOT be able to be used as a REBEL LEGION costume.

Joel Webne
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Obi Anne (Johanna Nybelius)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Rebelthon2020 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree! In this costume he even declares the Empire, how can that be a RL costume?
JediDWH (Lisa Curtis Saunders)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

TFA LFL Red Carpet World Premiere (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My original post was all quip and gut reaction, but I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who was thrown by that. I mean, I kind of get it insofar as design-wise, it fits in with the rest of the Senatorial garb from the actual good guys, buuuuut yeah. Palpatine is 100% evil at this point, whether it is wholly acknowledged in-universe or not.

That said, if any 501st guys ever needed help with this costume they should come here, because it's a relevant crowd for techniques. The costume itself, though, belongs solely in the 501st.

Sew Corellian
KJO DXO
Celestia Delegation Leader
Sunrider Base Webmaster

Retired LWM, BCO, BMO
EeanLedgor ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 8 (View more...)
Dragon Con 2014 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The RLGS may offer an official discussion of this topic and poll it's membership for a decision. I leave this to their detachment.
RebelSenator ()
Active Legion Member

Celebration Anaheim (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be happy to open a discussion and follow up with a poll if it goes in that direction.
Walker (Ashley Walker)
Legion Council
Legion Council

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Website Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I struggle with all the Palpatine costumes from a marketing perspectives!

I understand about every one "thinking" he was "good" before he is revealed, but in essence he is a Sith, and a bad guy who manipulated people into thinking he was good!

I also think this is how the general public would see him too, I think they would associate him with his evil persona (in all his costumes).
Active Legion Member

Celebration Anaheim (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have opend a discussion thread within the detachment. It can be found here:
http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57277
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: