Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=62e095d4d928be6cb00f5e63c422e173Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Purple Saber (for Jaina Solo)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Lightsabers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
allycat (Ally Bock)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:53 pm    Post subject: Purple Saber (for Jaina Solo) Reply with quote

I'm looking for a lightsaber for Jaina and I'm wondering where are some places to look? I would like to spend less than $150 on a saber. I've looked at Ultrasabers before but I've heard mixed feelings about them.
Dust ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a few simple sabers from Ultrasabers, and everything went fine. Heard a lot of bad things about them too, but don't have any complaints myself.

What kind of saber do you want? Ultrasabers offer only what designs they have, so no customizing there if that's important. They do have a nice purple option for the light, or you could go for a white blade and add filters (I recommend getting LEE filters, the colour discs from Ultrasabers are VERY pale IMO.)
allycat (Ally Bock)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like something that looks similar to hers; although, there are different ones when I google it so I'm not sure which one is the right one. I wouldn't mind a Mace Windu one, but I don't know how popular those there are anymore.
Ky-Wan Zann ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

while I don't know if it falls into your price range Genesis' work is fantastic. He's the only guy I get sabers done by now

http://genesiscustomsabers.com/?p=2700
allycat (Ally Bock)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is nice. Seeing how much the others are, I think that's a little expensive for me atm
Drazhar ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obligatory "You get what you pay for" here.

ARE YOU READY?
Jabari ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been considering an Archon with the classic pommel in Dark Violet Amethyst from Ultrasabers for a Jaina saber. I own 3 Ultrasabers and have been very happy with them, though I do know others have occasionally had issues. They're nice looking hilts, pretty durable, and not bad for pricing. My biggest issue is that most of their hilts are absolutely gigantic. (anything over 12 inches for a single bladed saber hilt just looks way too big to me.)
Ste-Waz Sandoli (Stephane VOISEY)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Paris Support Badge (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

another saber design is know as a jaina's lightsaber :

The strip below is from several sources, and the last on the right is the luke ep. VI in MR or hasbro version.

A cheapest way to make a Jaina lightsaber can be a Luxeon conversion of a MR or Hasbro lightsaber, sandblast the emitter, and turn in black (paint glue some grips or a film ...) the bottom of the body.
Ben Member of KJO - 2013-2014 Six Towers Jedi Temple Master ; Pilot Member of the RLSC - #7 in the Corellian Griffons Squadron ; Tuskin Member of the Wretched Hive ; rft Member of the RAID
rebelbird French Base Commanding Officer (2014-2018)
saber 2
aka Baron Waz - TI-16707 in the 501st
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Lightsabers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: