Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=121005e863bf797d411097743e2fd4fdMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

ALW Review

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Lightsabers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MasterFreedumb ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:46 pm    Post subject: ALW Review Reply with quote

these lightsabers look amazing but are they amazing for the price? can anyone tell me about their past xperiences with Advanced Light?
Drazhar ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have no personal experience, but I will say this much:

I have no idea what they're using as a battery solution nowadays, no idea what they're using for LEDs, the only thing I know is that their sabers are made heavy and only ever as stunts.

For the money I'd be happier grabbing a Vader's Vault "Combat Class" saber with sound and plenty of room for my imagination to run wild with coloration and potential sleeves for the hilt.

ARE YOU READY?
NassikDabak

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My lightsaber came from Advanced Light Weaponry...

As can be seen, it's a stunning lightsaber. It is equipped with both light and sound. Bob took my design and merged it with practical details and he added a lot of engraving.

This was a fully custom build. it took eleven months to complete and cost me just over $1,000.00 US. As a relevant detail, ALW was the only place willing to tackle my lightsaber design and that counts in its favor. Bob was good with communication but a bit slow in the construction. Despite that, I was, and continue to be, thrilled with my lightsaber. If you don't mind the possibility of a wait I recommend ALW's work.
Magnius ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Between myself and my wife we have 3 AWL.

Bob is an amazing designer .. He builds what i consider peices of functional art.

You will never see anyone holding the same exact saber that you would order from him. He does have a line of generic custom sabers that each have their own little differences ...

The build is durable , and is a saber that you can easily pass from one generation to the next ...
NassikDabak

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pass it on?! I'm getting buried with mine. Smile
Dimes (Jimeoin Murphy)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NassikDabak wrote:
Pass it on?! I'm getting buried with mine. Smile

And this is why we must prepare for Jedi Zombies.
NassikDabak

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if you can disarm me, I should be easy to behead. Smile
Dimes (Jimeoin Murphy)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NassikDabak wrote:
Well, if you can disarm me, I should be easy to behead. Smile

Haha, noted!
Magnius ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are three of the AWLs that my wife and myself have ....

Upon our request he created a inset activation switch to allow for a streamline design....

He sabers are a work of art, that are unique to the weilder .. I asked for something that looked like a lacquered katana sheath ... my wife went for a similar design but in blues and purples ...

and well often i am grabbed to play the part of a sith . so i grabbed a red just for those times when i need ot be bad ..

daniels saber1 by Master Magnius, on Flickr

969254_10151506640612032_261619473_n by Master Magnius, on Flickr

30938_10151506657747032_313079611_n by Master Magnius, on Flickr
NassikDabak

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He does indeed do nice work. I have two of his lightsabers. The one pictured above is my lightsaber of choice. The other one is a static hilt.

MasterFreedumb ()

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome help. Btw do these come with sound or is that another additional fee?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Lightsabers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: