Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=87eb3cd26a11521328d77fb1dbb44533Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Satele Shan Inspired Lightsaber
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Lightsabers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dust ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting effect, thank you! It seems a bit odd just there in the close up picture, but I can imagine it giving a nice effect when seen in person. I never thought about decorating the blade of a saber, thank you for sharing! Smile
rogue9607 (Nick)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Celebration17 (Amount: 2)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She had originally decorated as something fun for the last day of MegaCon when she wore a costume from Breakfast at Tiffany's along with her lightsaber. They just haven't come off yet. I have new blades for it, but I either need to grind down the end of those blades or enlarge the emitter slightly and I haven't taken the time to do either.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's amazing! Do you mind if I include the photos of the 2d lightsaber and the etching pattern in my Satele reference folder? I'm building the costume and working on making a guide. I will give you credit and include a link if you want. Thanks!

And if you ever thought of making another one I would DEFINITELY be interested!
rogue9607 (Nick)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PernillaPalpatine wrote:
That's amazing! Do you mind if I include the photos of the 2d lightsaber and the etching pattern in my Satele reference folder? I'm building the costume and working on making a guide. I will give you credit and include a link if you want. Thanks!
And if you ever thought of making another one I would DEFINITELY be interested!

By the 2nd lightsaber (I assume 2d should've been 2nd), do you mean Lula Mae that I've been posting on Facebook (should be posting a thread for it here fairly soon)?

The etching pattern in this thread was something that I drew for my wife in the style of Satele's, but certainly isn't accurate. It has things like a dog paw, my wife's initials and screen name, a dragonfly, and the inscription from my wedding ring. Smile It could be used for reference, but I doubt anyone would want to reuse it. I have the actual design, which was used for Lula Mae, but isn't something I can distribute.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, that's cool. I meant the 2D rendering you did that broke down the shape of the saber so it was plain without detail. That's a very romantic etching design. : ) It was very convincing! I can't wait to see Lula Mae. That is cool that you have the actual design and I respect that you can't give it out. Thanks.
rogue9607 (Nick)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to update, I've posted about Lula Mae here: http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=673667#673667
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Lightsabers All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: