About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=ffa6f49a8d2b93704909a387e9084328Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Lemoore Cancer Walk - April 29

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Master--Kenobi (Kim Leigh)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:28 pm    Post subject: Lemoore Cancer Walk - April 29 Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I know this is VERY short notice, but I have had a request for some (actually ANY) RL and/or 501st SW characters to be at a Photo Op Charity Event this next Saturday, April 29  and Sunday April 30, in Lemoore (1/2 way between Fresno and Bakersfield).  This is for their annual Cancer Walk.  They are willing to take what we can give, when we can give, and for the amount of time we can give.  The event runs from 8:30 Sat to 9:00 on Sun.. Either day would be fine, we don't have to commit for both. I do have a Vader lined up, but would like some other characters as well.  Will also be posting on  both the RL and 501st  boards about this.  Even a couple of hours would be vastly appreciated.

What they would like is for the characters to take photos during the event, which will be taken for a minimal amount and 100% of the monies would be donated right there to the cancer walk.

This event has a bit of a special meaning to me, as I lost my Father 3 years ago to Male Breast Cancer. (yes, guys, you can get it too).

Any questions please let me know.  For those that are willing to come from out of town.. I can at last offer a floor to crash on if need be. (Just excuse the house being torn up for some remodeling).  My Cell is 559 - 280-1677.  Or email me @ masterkenobi@sbcglobal.net

Thanks Again,

Kim

What the Millennium Falcon Really is.....
Vandor Theric ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:54 am    Post subject: Lemoore Cancer Walk - April 29 Reply with quote

See you there Kenobi. I urge other rebel to come if possible
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:39 pm    Post subject: Lemoore Cancer Walk - April 29 Reply with quote

Thank you.

Looking like it will be on Sat, only a couple of hours.  I'll post times as soon as I get them.

Kim

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:59 am    Post subject: Lemoore Cancer Walk - April 29 Reply with quote

Well, it was a small but exciting turnout... A Few Jedi, Darth Vader, and lots and lots of happy kids and excited adults.  I can't thank you enough  to those who came and helped the team raise monies for Cancer Research.  You were EXTREMELY appreciated by those that were in attendance. On top of that we made a lot of Younglings very very happy!

Still hve to laugh at the one elderly lady at the walk who everytime she passed Vader, gave a huge smile  and then chanted "Saint Cristos!  Saint Cristos! Saint Cristos!"  We still aren't quite sure if she was blessing Vader or asking for help from above. LOL

Also, was amazed at the younglings who STILL called me Kenobi, Ben, Obi-Wan, MR. Kenobi (loved that one)..even though I was in the EP II outfit, but NO make-up, beard, etc.  and my hair was in the old Han Solo style. LOL   

Thanks again, had a great time and to everyone who put up with the Central CA heat...you are awsome!!!!!!  And we've been asked to come back again next year.  So perhaps we can drag even more people out there.

Until the next event,

Kenobi/Kim

Scottrooper

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:06 am    Post subject: Lemoore Cancer Walk - April 29 Reply with quote

Sorry that the Central CA Garrison wasn't able to send you down any assistance folks, didn't have any of my guys show any interest in driving down unfortunately.   Glad to hear that it went well though :-)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:05 pm    Post subject: Lemoore Cancer Walk - April 29 Reply with quote

Tis ok, Scottrooper, we managed.  Maybe next year we can convience a few of them.

Thanks for asking them, though.

Vandor Theric ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 2:43 am    Post subject: Lemoore Cancer Walk - April 29 Reply with quote

Had a great time at the event. thanks ladies for taking care of my they know why I was so hot. Anyways hope to see more RL presence next time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: