Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=aae4075ef16a9fde60147f4d9269e0beMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

ROFCon Table Thread

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Freedom Base -> Freedom Base Events -> Freedom Base Event Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jon-Ari_Kenobi (John Dittmyre)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:27 pm    Post subject: ROFCon Table Thread Reply with quote

**Table shift spreadsheet link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ao8qh6IhlH1kdG5pbjhfSG1oN215YXQwQXpPZXhLcEE&usp=sharing

**NOTE SHEET WILL BE PRINTED AT MIDNIGHT WED NIGHT, ANY FURTHER EDITS WILL LIKELY BE DONE BY HAND ON PRINTED COPIES

Posted before I looked so pardon on the double post Rick, I just molded yours into mine:

engineer wrote:
We will also need people to man the table as well as bring items for display.

Plan on having a single table of 6' to 8' in length. We will also need to be able to break the table down nightly since it will be in an unsecured location.

Our panels are currently scheduled for: Saturday 10AM to 11AM, Saturday 6PM to 7PM, and Sunday from 12:30PM to 1:30PM.

Tables are not my thing, but I will take Friday Morning at the table. I will definitely need some help since I will also be handling liaison duties for both the Rebel Legion and the 501st. I will also help out on Saturday morning (when not doing the panel from 10 to 11).

Ok Being we will only have 1 table to do I'd like to comprise a list of the few things besides all our info and such that perhaps we might consider displaying.

Here is the stuff I will make sure I have in my possession for the table (Joel, I'll get the stuff for the table from you sometime between 2/17 and 2/21):

- RL / FB Banners
- Costume binder
- Print Materials (business cards, post cards, bookmarks, etc)
- Music source (SW music going in some shape or form)
- Slide Show to give details on the Rebel Legion (could also be another booklet to save on space just would need to print it out)
- Slide show of pictures of events

If anyone has a spare laptop that they could volunteer it would be appreciated.
(My preference would be to have anyone who has a laptop receive the PowerPoint files so while they are sitting at the table if the laptop for something was needed by its owner, they could take it and another set up.)

If anyone has a means of moving something Off of a table or making it take up less space, let me know (perhaps a spare monitor to put on the table for the laptops if compatible, things like that)

I'll also get a spreadsheet up in the next day or so for table shifts. I would prefer it be used as a guideline so there is flexibility rather than a strict schedule, like always just as long as everyone helps to man the table and no one is left feeling they are "stuck" there.

Last edited by Jon-Ari_Kenobi (John Dittmyre) on Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
twilekjedi ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 8 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have my trading cards and I have some Star Wars Silly Bandz although I guess they're not as in vogue as they used to be. I think I still have some tattoos and stickers somewhere, too. Will have to check.

I usually end up hanging around the table most of the day anyway, but I know that I can definitely be there mid to late afternoon, especially when the non-Imperial armor panel is occurring.

I have to warn you guys, though, that I am still recovering from my foot injury and will not be able to stand for prolonged periods of time.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Nikkos Khann (Conley Nichols)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 4 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have my 19" desktop monitor that I can bring and I was bringing my laptop anyways. I would be glad to help with that. Mr. Green
twilekjedi ()
Active Legion Member

Celebration17 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do have a laptop but it is ooooooolddd and slow as molasses because it has no more memory. Like, I can't even update anything it is so old and decrepit.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
engineer ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have copied the rules governing the fan tables below. The hours that there will be con staff available should probably be considered the "operating hours". There will be no overnight security provided, so we should plan on breaking down the table nightly, and setting back up in the morning.

Club / Con Alley is currently Full. Thank you for your interest.
Hours of Operation:

Club / Con alley is operated under the Artist Alley and also is open 24 hrs, however AA Staff will be available:

Thursday: 3pm to 9pm for questions / structure setup
Friday: 10am to 6pm
Saturday: 10am to 6pm
Sunday: 10am to 2pm

General Rules:
Rules are subject to change; advance notice of changes may not be possible

Items sold in Club Row are related to and directly promote the club (e.g. flyers, memberships, t-shirts, buttons). No duplication reproduction of licensed material or [re]selling of commercial products (i.e. store bought merchandise) will be allowed.
Absolutely NO use of alcohol or drugs in Club Row will be tolerated! Those caught doing such will have their badge revoked and thrown out on the spot.
Absolutely NO smoking in the Club Row or in the hotel/convention center. Those caught doing so will have their badges revoked and may be fined by the hotel/convention center.
Absolutely NO posting of any flyers anywhere in the hotel or in the Convention Center other than clearly marked posting areas.
No running, screaming, yelling, use of obscene language, horseplay, “carrying-on” or blatant bashing on the convention will be tolerated in Club Row.
Bringing your own tables to set up in addition to your table space is NOT allowed.
Watch your table(s). ROFCON will not be held responsible for Lost or Stolen items. If you find the need to leave your table, either pack your belongings or find someone you trust to watch out for you wares in your absence.
Convention Participants are required to wear their badges visibly at all times.
Any issues or disputes should immediately be brought to the attention of the AA Director or other AA staff members. (For this year, correct? Or is someone in charge of them?)
While in Club Row, all convention, Local, State and Federal rules are in effect.

CLUB ROW – Who, What, Where, Why & How:
Please keep in mind:

Club Row is currently in the hallways of the convention’s host hotel, space is limited and highly sought after.
If you are (re)selling merchandise that can be bought in a store or in the Dealer’s Room you will be asked to leave. Judgment Calls are left to the discretion of the AA Director and the Con Chair.
Absolutely NO copyrighted material such as logos, symbols, or icons are allowed in any form to be sold in Club Row -unless- written permission is given and brought for verification.
No attaching to the walls or columns – anything that leaves a mark will be considered potential vandalism.

NOT permitted in the CLUB ROW:

No duplication/reproduction of licensed material
No (re)selling of commercial products. (store bought merchandise)
No weapons (metal or wooden : soft material cosplay props = ok)
No bootlegging or piracy
No garage sale-like items
No flammable items
No convection ovens
No airbrushes
No Stickers or adhesive backing (mail orders only - no at-con pickup permitted)
No selling of food or drinks (consumables)

Intellectual Property:

Ring of Fire Con’s name, logo, and mascot are copyrighted. No likenesses there of are permitted to be sold in Club Row.
Noise Restriction:

Be courteous to your fellow neighbors next to and nearby your table. Noise from music, videos, chatter, etc. should be kept at a reasonable level. Warnings will be issued but not limited to complete removal of a club without recompense at the AA Director’s and Con Chair’s discretion.
A Reminder That…

If a club/organization is found to have violated any of the rules of Club Row or the convention, Artist Alley Staff reserves the right to remove said club or organization from their table without recompense at the AA Director’s & Con Chair’s discretion.
engineer ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have a laptop I am bringing to the con. Unfortunately it will be required for use in panels, so I cannot make it available for use at the table.
Jon-Ari_Kenobi (John Dittmyre)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The weapons policy,

Does that pertain to static props such as lightsaber hilts, and what about fully functional lightsabers?

As for our table the hours Rick listed will be the hours our table is open

engineer ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightsabers SHOULD be OK. We tend to get a little leeway from these folks (my experience at Nekocon). We just shouldn't pick them up and wave them.
twilekjedi ()
Active Legion Member

Troopers Helping Troopers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What if someone wants to take a photo of us with said lightsabers?

And no stickers? So I can't bring any Star Wars stickers for the younglings? Confused

And Joel noticed they moved the Meet the RL panel up by 30 minutes to 9:30 AM.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Shivannd (Joel Webne)
Freedom Base XO
Freedom Base XO

Medals: 5 (View more...)
RL Trading Card Design Team (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dropped off the suitcase with John today with the banners, table runner, PR Materials, Backdrop stand, trading cards, flat panel monitor for the table, etc etc etc.
I will bring the Tantive Backdrop on Saturday so that we can set that up behind the table if we want and I will have an easel as well for the KEEP CALM posters.

I was also planning on bringing my Naboo to put on a Mannequin for the Meet the RL panel or for Soft Costumes panel along with my props and such
I have my sabers, Bail Organa blaster, Naboo Blaster, Han Blaster, etc.

Joel Webne
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
jyn-ah mairo ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jyn'ah checking in - I can definitely man the table from after the "Meet the RL" panel to 2pm on Saturday - I have to leave AT 2pm on Saturday as we have a gala to go to that night we already bought tickets to (non-ROFcon related)

Should be able to add some more time in on Sunday as well, right before or right after the soft armor panel.

when I am there I will stay in Jedi character/costume Smile
Shivannd (Joel Webne)
Freedom Base XO
Freedom Base XO

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Website Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there someone to man the table during the panel?
I was just curious as everyone will be in the panel.

Joel Webne
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
engineer ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which panel?
I backed out of the meet the Rebel Legion panel so I can man the table during that panel.
twilekjedi ()
Active Legion Member

Troopers Helping Troopers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My husband will bring a laptop and it can run PowerPoint. Hitting the road now. Should arrive just before midnight. See y'all in the AM!

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Freedom Base -> Freedom Base Events -> Freedom Base Event Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: