Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=23107c1f522851b718761aa016af344bMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

MI - FYE Charity Event Auburn Hills June 24

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Great Lakes Base -> Great Lakes Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lavagrrrl (Susie Leopold)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:47 pm    Post subject: MI - FYE Charity Event Auburn Hills June 24 Reply with quote

What: Charity event taking pictures with the pubic and a kid’s activity area.

When: Saturday, June 24th, time TBD (2 PM to 7 PM?)

Where:

FYE store at Great Lakes Crossing

4000 Baldwin Road

Auburn Hills, MI 48326

1-800-SHOP-GLC

Costumers/Non-costumed Support:

Rebel Legion:

Susie – Princess Leia

Lita – Padmé

Grand Admiral J Tal – Jedi/photographer

501st:

Phil – Darth Vader

Dave –   Boba Fett

Blasty – AT-ST Driver/non-costumed support

Martin – TIE Pilot

Dan – TIE Pilot??

Godfrey – Stormtrooper

Brooke – Stormtrooper

Carolyn – Mara Jade/Grand Moff/non-costumed support

Jaster – Stormtrooper/Commander Gree

Doug – Stormtrooper

Brent – Sandtrooper

Directions:

GLC is just South of I-75 between Exit 83 (Joslyn Road) and Exit 84 (Baldwin Road North).

FYE is willing to let us have another charity event in their store. I think the end of June works best to have time to promote it. I’m going to contact GLC to make sure the event is listed in their newsletter.

The last event was a smashing success with us raising over $500.00 for Make-A-Wish Foundation in just 4 hours. The only drawback was that we couldn’t print the photos fast enough. I think if we have one person designated to take pictures, one just printing pictures (on at least two printers) and another taking the donations, things will run smoothly.

The kids activity area was a blasty good time and always busy. If Carolyn, Dan or anyone else that likes working with kids wants to help, please post. I still have the giant coloring books, and I’m in the process of getting more 501st Activity Books printed.

This is an event that could use two Darth Vaders as well.

Charity:

We have decided to raise money for SCAMP.

Highlights from their website:

SCAMP is a summer day camp for individual with special needs (disabilities). For thirty years SCAMP has provided recreational activities and academic support for multiply impaired children and young adults.

Our benefactors have witnessed the impact of how the SCAMP program has been a dream come true for so many families. In the words of a SCAMPer mother, “SCAMP changed me, my daughter, and our lives forever. Knowing there is a place for her in society where she can be herself, with no judgment, is a true blessing from God. I hope that all the contributors to SCAMP realize how many lives they have touched in so many ways.”

Approximately 90% of our SCAMPers have one or more disabilities (autism, mental and/or emotional impairment, learning disability, speech and language delay, or physical handicap). The remaining 10% are identified by school personnel as students “at risk” and in need of a positive summer experience.

·          The youngest SCAMPers are 3 years old and we have no age limit on the opportunity … last year the oldest SCAMPer was 43.

·          While a tuition amount is in place, no child is ever turned away for financial reasons. The cost of SCAMP is actually $800.00 per SCAMPer.

BlastyTrooper of the 501st is the contact person for this event, but I'll be letting him know what is going on here. All rebels are more than welcome!!

BlastyTrooper of the 501st is the contact person for this event, but I'll be letting him know what is going on here. All rebels are more than welcome!!

MiraxTHorn (Carrie Ivey)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 1:18 am    Post subject: MI - FYE Charity Event Auburn Hills June 24 Reply with quote

Sorry I can't do this one, but it would be a jolly long commute that week.

Regards,

M.
Gypsy3p0 ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject: MI - FYE Charity Event Auburn Hills June 24 Reply with quote

I'll do it. I just got a new job and weekends are free. And since that's about.... 10 minutes from my house, won't be a problem. If anyone needs a place to drop off stuff or plan to carpool, we can use my place as a checkpoint.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
lavagrrrl (Susie Leopold)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:04 pm    Post subject: MI - FYE Charity Event Auburn Hills June 24 Reply with quote

Awesome, Lita! Sorry you can't make it Carrie.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Great Lakes Base -> Great Lakes Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: