About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=27104804f415033621225b55bb784029Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Helmet Problems?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> X-Wing Pilots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lauphen_Staar ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:21 am    Post subject: Helmet Problems? Reply with quote

So if I wear my helmet where it's supposed to sit (I assume), all the weight of the helmet rests on my nose through the visor. I noticed in ESB Luke has some piece of padding on the visor but I can't get a clear screen shot. Does anyone have any other tips to combat this?

I have the Master Replica helmet, if that helps! ^_^
Blue Banshee Leader (Alex Buirch)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps you could raise the visor up a little bit? Or add some extra padding to the inside of the helmet so it makes the helmet sit a bit higher on your head.

B-wing Pilot - Anomid Jedi

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
WedgeAntilles (James Norman)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if anybody has ever figured out what they used on screen, ROTJ Wedge has a black one, I believe others do too.

What I did, was I used a bit of black door edging that was left over from the edges of the helmet. It doesn't always stay in place, but it works.

The CV ESB eFX helmet has a thin rubber, tan/beige-sih appliance there at the nose. Doubtful you'd be able to source something similar though.
Lauphen_Staar ()

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So if I pad the inside of the helmet to make it sit higher, and it ends up not looking right (but I'm pretty sure it will turn out fine), I can use the bit on the edge of the visor without getting in "trouble"? :p
WedgeAntilles (James Norman)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have the pad that came with the helmet to pad the top of the stand? You could try that.

No you really shouldn't have a problem if you use a nose piece. The only thing that could potentially be an issue is if you're doing a face character. Even then, it really shouldn't be an issue.
HazardThree (Jon Paulson)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What James said. We'd rather have a bit of slight foam or trim there than someone's nose getting cut.

Lauphen_Staar ()

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, guys! I don't know why I was so worried about it :p
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> X-Wing Pilots All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: