About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=98bc30bd6b57eb91cfb80b3b9202b617Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Naboo N-1 Pilot Builds
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> Naboo Pilots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Schph Gochi (Phyllis Schulte)
Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

Medals: 11 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say to go with the gray with a hint of teal as the costume standard states.

The only photo where the vest looks green is the last one.

The other photos of Padme' and Typho are more gray.

If you google Typho, you will see both though the photos that look gray outnumber the photos where it looks more green.

If there is someone who saw the piece in the traveling exhibit and remembers what it looked like in person...
your input would be appreciated...

I probably saw it at one point in time when it came to Chicago in one of the exhibits but I will be honest that I don't remember the color because I was not interested in making the costume.

http://livefromthegalaxyfarfaraway.blogspot.com/

Last edited by Schph Gochi (Phyllis Schulte) on Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:20 am; edited 1 time in total
HazardThree (Jon Paulson)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen it live twice now and took pics. I'll dig them up and see what I can find.

crow62 (Giovanni Rodriguez)
Ecuador Outpost CO
Ecuador Outpost CO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everybody, a gal and I from my Outpost, we started to make Naboo Pilots Ep2 costumes, we found a lot of pics from screencaps, SW exhibitions, TCW and action figures, and we found that the vests HAS to be Olive Green, we made photo tests in sunlight, neon light and flash lights, now we concluded that the dark gray appareance is in the flash lights ambience studio (like the showed in the promotional photos here: http://rebelshaven.com/SWFFAQ/pilot.php).
In other hand, the vests from SW exhibitions looks green, NOT gray or dark gray, we have a lot of pics, just check pages 9 and 10 of this thread

We tried some greens and found that under flash lights the olive green looks dark gray, just check the pics to compare:

SOME GREENS SUNLIGHT:

SAME GREENS UNDER FLASH LIGHT:

The Green Olive looked perfect to me, so, I made the vest:

FLASH LIGHT:

WITHOUT FLASH LIGHT:

In the SW Exhibition detail pic, you can see the vest is Green, there are dark gray paralell lines airbrushed with dark gray paint.

(Why I must to airbrush dark gray paint in a Dark Gray vest? have no sense, right? that probes me that the accurated movie vest is not dark gray).
In this pic, my vest is not airbrushed yet:

I think the Naboo Pilots Ep2 costuming Standards were based in pictures taked under flashlights, yes looks dark gray, but we have a ton of other visual references showing Olive Green.

Just my 2 cents.

Gio
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> Naboo Pilots All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Page 11 of 11

Jump to: