About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=a82cba27e8579685911a4ff5934c8ee9Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Newbie Here

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Dantooine Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rebel6 ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:37 am    Post subject: Newbie Here Reply with quote

Hi, this is my first post here so hi all! I have been infected with the star wars bug since I was two and now im wanting to make or purchase costumes and what not. I think as my first project I want to make a Jedi since their somewhat simple outfit wise. But after that I want to make a rebel pilot. Where would you guys suggest going for those two outfits? Inspiration for the jedi is coming from episode two Obi Wan. For the rebel pilot I think I kinda want to do the basic orange.
phizz ()

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if you are looking to buy just check the for sake threads here. Usually there is somebody willing to do Jedi commissions, and I actually think there might be a couple for sale in there now.

The pilot will be a little more difficult as most hard and soft parts are purchased from different makers.
Gius Maximus (Rich Heffernan)
Legion Council
Legion Council

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the Rebel Legion!

I do highly recommend doing research in the detachment sections specific to your costumes. There is infinite amount of knowledge out there on everything.

Which part of the base area are you in? We may be able to get you together with someone who has done the costume your wanting to do that can help mentor you.

501st - IC8294
70th Explorers Commanding Officer
Ada Zen (Wes Pope)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome,

As far as a Jedi goes, if you are talented enough to make your own costume I would suggest going that route. It is a lot more fun, speaking from experience, making your own rather than just buying one from someone (it can possibly save you some money too!) If you have any questions about building a Jedi I can offer some advice and possibly help out with anything you need. I'm not the most proficient seamster but I know what to expect as a newbie as I have only been costuming less than a year.
Rebel6 ()

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ada Zen wrote:
Welcome,

As far as a Jedi goes, if you are talented enough to make your own costume I would suggest going that route. It is a lot more fun, speaking from experience, making your own rather than just buying one from someone (it can possibly save you some money too!) If you have any questions about building a Jedi I can offer some advice and possibly help out with anything you need. I'm not the most proficient seamster but I know what to expect as a newbie as I have only been costuming less than a year.

That doesnt surprise me that making your own would be more rewarding, I may have to learn how to do stuff to make my own.

Thanks for all the tips and pointers! Im part of Dantooine base, im in Springfield Missouri.
Ada Zen (Wes Pope)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I taught myself how to sew. Watched a lot of online videos, read the tutorials on the forums, and after a lot of trial and error (and constant upgrading of my current costume) I finally have something to be proud of. The key is to use very inexpensive material to practice with. Old sheets or material that is less than $1/yard works really well. Don't be afraid to mess up, that is how you learn. I have a thread in this forum on my initial build. Check it out and see if it will work for you.
Gius Maximus (Rich Heffernan)
Legion Council
Legion Council

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since your in Springfield, I would get in touch with Steve down there. He does a lot of work building costumes for himself and others. Here is his profile to send him a pm/email.

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=3549

501st - IC8294
70th Explorers Commanding Officer
Rebel6 ()

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gius Maximus wrote:
Since your in Springfield, I would get in touch with Steve down there. He does a lot of work building costumes for himself and others. Here is his profile to send him a pm/email.

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=3549

Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Dantooine Base All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: